Maine Dinner Release

Discussion in 'New England' started by HeyLady, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Indofrank

Indofrank Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2015 Wisconsin

any rumors or info on next dinner release? trying to plan a trip to portland and would love for it to align to the next release :slight_smile:

2. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (360) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

If I had to guess, I'd say around memorial day

OnlyTheFinest likes this.
  3. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Crusader (773) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

jhavs likes this.
  4. oldbean

oldbean Aspirant (270) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

Pretty funny that they have a Dinner-specific email address.

5. cdilisio

cdilisio Initiate (53) Apr 18, 2015 Maine

still tickets

6. pointbreak

pointbreak Initiate (32) Dec 16, 2017 Massachusetts

Had my last Dinner from the March batch last night, still tasting great. Made the last few releases but sadly will not be able to go to this one. Glad to see the volume up and more available

7. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (120) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts

Got here a half hour before my ticketed time and there was literally zero line. In and out in 5 minutes.

mattyg2k likes this.
  8. mattyg2k

mattyg2k Initiate (56) May 5, 2017 Maine
    Trader

The ticketing system is great. It’ll be interesting to see if they keep doing it seeing how long tickets lasted and given how much more beer they’re making. Ticketing allows them to control crowds but it may not be necessary any more.

9. rdecker679

rdecker679 Initiate (34) Oct 8, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

How much was left after all the ticketed people picked up?

10. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Disciple (354) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Today was not a good day to judge. Massive accident this morning right at Exit 20 off the highway. Traffic was stopped for a long time. State police began to back cars out of the traffic jam. Long back up on the highway and then diverted traffic on Rt 1.

11. juffage

juffage Initiate (55) Feb 13, 2011 United Kingdom (England)
    Trader

Sorry if this is obvious...

How regularly do they release this beer? Sure would be convenient if they dropped a fresh batch before I next head back to the US.

12. mattyg2k

Trader

There is no set schedule. I'd say it's every 2 or 3 months.

spersichilli likes this.
  13. robo55

robo55 Initiate (44) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

This last release hung around for a couple weeks, which hasn’t been the case previously.

14. Granitebeard

Granitebeard Initiate (95) Aug 24, 2016 Maine

Honestly, as a Mainer, not worth the price and time to get. I only stopped by on the last release as I was driving home from NH. I literally walked in, had a flight and bought some to go. I am also the type of person that will never wait in line to get a beer, nothing is that good.

Over all the beer was a nice DIPA, but I will take a Woods and Waters over it any day.

15. NYR-Zuuuuc

NYR-Zuuuuc Aspirant (291) Jan 1, 2013 Connecticut

Anybody hear anything about a date for opening the new tap room?

16. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Crusader (773) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

17. 7irondave

7irondave Disciple (366) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Save the $5 and just show up for your case at the end of the pickup window.

18. JBPortland

JBPortland Initiate (77) Oct 20, 2013 Virginia

Honestly, who in their right mind is still buying cases of Dinner in 2018.......there's a plethora of equal or better DIPA options in Portland to be had on a daily/weekly basis. Oh yeah, and compared to MBC, those other breweries are charging 3/4 the price....for 2x the amount of beer...in a better packaging format.

19. BRoweski30

BRoweski30 Initiate (67) Sep 10, 2016 Massachusetts

Heading up to Portland tomorrow. Is Dinner ever on draft anywhere other than the brewery?

20. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Disciple (312) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

Hopefully people who haven't had it or are trading or selling it to people as dumb as they were before they actually drank it.

21. Glazoo

Glazoo Initiate (41) Oct 17, 2016 Connecticut

I still do when the stars align, and while I haven't visited a ton of Maine breweries, I'd love to know what plethora of beers you think are better than a fresh dinner.
    Because I can't come up with too many (if any)

22. BigStein88

BigStein88 Aspirant (276) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire

Not sure I will buy a case but I will most likely show up for a draft or two and buy a few bottles. "Equal or better" is a matter of opinion of course, and while I like many other beers, I also enjoy a bottle of Dinner. I like it, I can afford it, and it makes a fun trip for me and a buddy. Will hit the Portland breweries as well so sure to be a good day.

mattyg2k and JBPortland like this.
  23. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Initiate (183) Feb 5, 2016 Maine
    Trader

I've said this numerous times before. I remember when I made a similar comment about this on their social media and they instantly blocked me not even a warning or a "sorry you feel that way" comment.

I haven't bought their beer in a very long time and just keep turning people off of it when they ask me what brewery's they should visit and try when they come to Maine. Everyone shuns at their pricing. I have no idea how they sell their beer.

24. BigStein88

I would also be interested in visiting these breweries that are selling their DIPA's at $12 a 4-pack!

25. robo55

Trader

Not in Maine, but anything from the Alchemist.

lic217 and BigStein88 like this.
  26. BigStein88

Still the best deal around! Closer to $13.50 after tax and deposit but always have it in my fridge!

robo55 and dwoolley1 like this.
  27. Glazoo

It is a better deal, but I'd rather have a Dinner over any Alchemist beer
    Doesn't really mean anything in the long run I guess, I'm just glad there are so many options out there nowadays

28. OnlyTheFinest

Trader

Gross. What a disgusting comment

29. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (81) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

seems totally reasonable. Dinner is really good.

30. 7irondave

7irondave Disciple (366) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

+1

31. Glazoo

haha it's beer, settle down :wink:
    At the risk of ruining your day, I'll also say I'm thinking of skipping the alchemist when I head up there in a couple of weeks for the VBF .
    And while I do get a few cans of Treehouse beer every once in a while from beer friends, I haven't been to the new brewery yet. Maybe next month

#431 Glazoo, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    cdilisio likes this.
  32. mrz200

mrz200 Initiate (127) Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Dinner's a great beer. great value, no. but if this becomes a beer you can pick up at the brewery without a ton of trouble (ie ticketing for a case minimum or showing up at 3am), I'm all for it.

looking back, the Memorial Day weekend release of Dinner, they had bottles for sale for at least another day and half. (all sunday, closed monday, posted they still had bottles on Tues)

mattyg2k likes this.
  33. BigStein88

To each their own, but skipping Alchemist is a mistake in my book. Nothing like a Heady or Focal when banging around the yard or doing anything outside really.....

lic217 likes this.
  34. BigStein88

It really has not been hard to get for the last few releases at least. Last release it lasted at least a week at the brewery and you did not have to buy a full case (not sure that you ever had to).

35. robo55

Trader

Dinner bottles lasted for at least a week after the release and I seem to recall it being a couple of weeks. I think it’s a sign that people are finally realizing that it’s a ripoff.

rightcoast7 likes this.
  36. Glazoo

I will probably go, a friend of mine loves Heady and I do like Focal. I can't overdo it though, because I'm an even bigger Second Fiddle fan,as is my daughter.

BigStein88 likes this.
  37. BigStein88

Second Fiddle was in all the stores last time I was up that way, so won't be hard to get at all. Perhaps you can even luck into some Mastermind.

38. mattyg2k

Trader

Yeah, people are using the price tag (Which is stupidly expensive) as a reason to shit on the quality of the beer. It's still a really great beer. Overpriced, but still great.

39. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (81) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

@Glazoo , second fiddle is all over the place in Mass. I've seen it at Yankee Spirits and Bacon's in Hudson. I'd assume lots of quality bottle shops are getting it. Probably my most-purchased IPA this year. Best DIPA I've had in a long time.

Glazoo likes this.
  40. OnlyTheFinest

Trader

As a native from Maine, there's way better tasting beer than MBC in Maine. Hell, Geary's tastes better.

I really don't understand the Dinner love nowadays. It's a shell of the original recipe and honestly tastes like a crisp watered down IPA. I'm not even trolling, it's true.