Maui Brewing thread

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by HaoleToYouToo, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaoleToYouToo

HaoleToYouToo Crusader (485) Mar 26, 2014 Hawaii
    Trader

Maui Brewing Company has filled it's vacant Director of Brewery Operations position with the very talented Jesse Houck. The position was previously held by Darren Moser who left late last year to head up Iron Triangle in Los Angeles.

Jesse comes to Maui from Golden Road Brewing in Los Angeles, where he helped craft some of their most popular beers. I was living in LA when Jesse took over the head brewer position there and the change in quality was very noticeable. Before Golden Road, Jesse held position at Drakes, 21st Amendment and Speakeasy Ales & Lagers.

Here are quotes from Jesse and Maui Brewing owner Garrett Marrero from tomorrow'supcoming press release:

“I am beyond stoked to be working with such a strong leader as Garrett and the talented team he has assembled here on Maui,” stated Jesse Houck.

“I’ve known Jesse for most of my career in craft beer and have always been impressed with his brewing talent, and proud to call him a friend. I’m stoked to have him at the helm of our brewing operations and we’re looking forward to some awesome projects coming down the pipe,” added Founder and CEO Garrett Marrero.

This is an exciting addition to the Maui Brewing team in what looks to be a very busy yearfor them. The brewery just added a bunch of new 250bbl fermenters, which greatly increases their brewing capacity, and has plans to open two new restaurants.

CJNAPS likes this.
  2. Briesch

Briesch Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2014 California

Was there this past week. Got to try Imperial Coconut Porter and Jaws triple IPA. Both were awesome brewery only releases. Wish I could go there more often. And Maui, in general.

CJNAPS likes this.
  3. CJNAPS

CJNAPS Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2013 California

They make some good beers there, would love to try their Imperial Coconut Porter but it's never there when I am haha. Looking forward to heading out to Maui this Sept. Great post thanks for the info

4. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

Agree, both are great. new brewery is awesome too

5. JISurfer

JISurfer Pooh-Bah (2,982) Dec 10, 2002 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Their Black Pearl was amazing. It's their Imperial Coconut aged in local rum barrels. Got to try it last year, hope to see it some more. I asked if it might make a bottle/can release sometime, not immediately, but they are working on some stuff.

6. JISurfer

JISurfer Pooh-Bah (2,982) Dec 10, 2002 Utah
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Also need to add that they are opening a brewpub in Waikiki this year. Definitely looking forward to that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.