Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

McAuslan Brewing...highly underrated!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by wesbray, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesbray

wesbray Feb 29, 2012 Alberta (Canada)
    Beer Trader

No-one seems to have head heard of this great brewery. I bought a mix pack with their Oatmeal Stout, Pale Ale and Apricot Wheat and they were all fantastic. I've also had their RIS in the past which was also delicious. Have many here tried them?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/194

2. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

I've had the oatmeal stout. Don't get me wrong, it was decent, but there are no less than 22 other stouts I'd prefer for the same price.

3. Bitterbill

Bitterbill Sep 14, 2002 Wyoming
    Beer Trader

And I'll say I thought the Oatmeal Stout was exceptional. From my 2008 drinking experience.

4. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

I love their oatmeal stout for a straight-forward, classic take on the style.

I've had the pale ale twice, and I've never experienced such a difference between two different times of consuming a beer. The first time was awesome - I thought it was easily one of the best pale ales I had ever tasted. Then I had it again a year later and it didn't taste good at all. So I have no idea what I think of it anymore.

Haven't got around to trying the apricot wheat yet.

5. nquigley16

nquigley16 Sep 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

I agree, they have some very good beers, and not overpriced, especially if your in Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe