Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

McAuslan Brewing...highly underrated!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by wesbray, Jan 27, 2013.

1. wesbray

Beer Trader

No-one seems to have head heard of this great brewery. I bought a mix pack with their Oatmeal Stout, Pale Ale and Apricot Wheat and they were all fantastic. I've also had their RIS in the past which was also delicious. Have many here tried them?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/194

2. TheBeerAlmanac

Beer Trader

I've had the oatmeal stout. Don't get me wrong, it was decent, but there are no less than 22 other stouts I'd prefer for the same price.

3. Bitterbill

Beer Trader

And I'll say I thought the Oatmeal Stout was exceptional. From my 2008 drinking experience.

4. jbertsch

I love their oatmeal stout for a straight-forward, classic take on the style.

I've had the pale ale twice, and I've never experienced such a difference between two different times of consuming a beer. The first time was awesome - I thought it was easily one of the best pale ales I had ever tasted. Then I had it again a year later and it didn't taste good at all. So I have no idea what I think of it anymore.

Haven't got around to trying the apricot wheat yet.

5. nquigley16

Subscriber

I agree, they have some very good beers, and not overpriced, especially if your in Canada.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe