MD to MA trip thoughts

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by crow121, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crow121

crow121 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2010 Maryland

contemplating a 2 day trip.

Wed - Arrive at Tree House around noon or after for can release
    Drive to Night Shift
    Then Trillium
    Stay the night in MA
    Thur - Drive to Other Half for cans (~noon)
    Maybe stop at Tired Hands
    Back to MD

any thoughts? suggestions?

2. tynian16

tynian16 Initiate (174) Oct 23, 2015 New York

Other Half only does cans every other Saturday fyi

3. WheelsPSU

WheelsPSU Zealot (596) Aug 25, 2013 New Jersey

FYI,Other Half doesn't open till 5pm on weekdays, and I think the can releases are mostly on Saturdays. I could be wrong though. I don't go anymore because the lines can be ridiculously long

4. crow121

crow121 Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2010 Maryland

good to know. thanks! must have read it incorrectly somewhere

5. GreaserGreg

GreaserGreg Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2015 New York

It might depend on where you are spending the night in MA on Wednesday, but I would hit Trillium (Canton) after TH and before going to Night Shift. If you are staying in downtown Boston, your mileage may vary. I'd rather have a car to put my Trillium purchases in since there is no on premise drinking at either location. Not to mention parking is tough in Boston.

6. berto714

berto714 Aspirant (275) Oct 16, 2014 New York

You might have read about the special can release they did on NYE, which was a Thursday. Other than that, all of the can releases are on Saturdays.

7. hyperguy220

hyperguy220 Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2011 New York

on the way back from nightshift you could stop at Slumbrew (aka somerville brewing co) They just started cans a few months ago, and Flagraiser was one of my favorite beers when i was living near there. its a double with a lot of galaxy. Its also on tap lots of places.
    Ive never had them, but theres also cans from lord hobo, theres some contention on quality..

Theres also NEBCO, which is just off of CT15, which is the road you should be taking back towards NYC instead of 84-91-95 assuming you are in any kind of rush hour traffic. I'm not positive if they are open thursdays, but they are solid too.

8. TheNightwatchman

TheNightwatchman Devotee (487) Mar 28, 2009 Pennsylvania

See if Neshaminy Creek has The Shape of Hops to Come available when you're in the area, and stop and get some 4 packs!

9. larryi86

larryi86 Poo-Bah (5,043) Apr 4, 2010 Delaware
    Society Trader

Might be able to get lucky with a Tired Hands can release on a Thurday. Even if they released earlier in the week you probably could score some HopHands cans.

VABA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.