Meaning behind your avatar

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by beerjerk666, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Rug

Rug Meyvn (1,354) Aug 20, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Mine is the video game character Crash Bandicoot. Crash 2 was the first game I ever played and it really just stuck with me. Never played too many other games over the years except for the Crash series, and it’ll always be one I turn back to if I’m in a bit of a gaming phase

SABERG, dcotom, beerjerk666 and 9 others like this.
  2. officerbill

officerbill Champion (864) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

My current avatar is a crop of a gendarme fortifying himself for patrol from an old French beer poster[​IMG]

3. officerbill

officerbill Champion (864) Feb 9, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

An underrated movie :+1:

4. Peach63

Peach63 Savant (968) Jul 17, 2019 New York
    Society Trader

There's no real meaning behind mine. I just thought it was cool.

5. bubseymour

bubseymour Poo-Bah (3,322) Oct 30, 2010 Maryland
    Society Trader

Google image of beer in a Teku glass. Seemed appropriate for BA. For the first 5-7 years my image was a flight of beers of different colors, but I upgraded to a Teku glass. Poobah’s need to keep up their beer nerd image….but then again, maybe my next reincarnation avatar will be a red solo cup, just to keep people guessing.

jonphisher, Rug, SLeffler27 and 6 others like this.
  6. UrbanCaveman

UrbanCaveman Crusader (748) Sep 30, 2014 Ohio
    Trader

It's pretty much always a photo of the packaging of a beer I particularly enjoyed.

7. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (7,954) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

Joy of great beer from your friendly host of course.

jzeilinger, SABERG, Peach63 and 8 others like this.
  8. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (184) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

9. bayareahustla

bayareahustla Initiate (173) Jul 13, 2012 California
    Trader

Random google image search of my occupation.

Peach63, Rug, ChicagoJ and 6 others like this.
  10. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Poo-Bah (5,454) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

I saw this photo and found it mildly humourous. It was right about when I joined Beer Advocate. No deeper meaning!

SABERG, Spade, cavedave and 6 others like this.
  11. Redrover

Redrover Poo-Bah (3,550) Jan 18, 2003 Wisconsin
    Society

Mine is a random internet image but I am starting to resemble these two :rolling_eyes:

cavedave, Peach63, jonphisher and 5 others like this.
  12. NickSMpls

NickSMpls Poo-Bah (1,581) Nov 11, 2012 Washington
    Society Trader

<<<<< This is Buzz. A kool kat.

You can catch him sometimes in the background when posting a pix of my current beer. This one is from the Lager Fest.
    [​IMG]

pudgym29, SABERG, Spade and 12 others like this.
  13. hbbeeremptor

hbbeeremptor Aspirant (299) Aug 12, 2018 California
    Society

I don't even remember exactly how I found this avatar but I've used it for a number of years now because it amused me. I think it was an avatar or meme that someone made from a long forgotten and deleted forum and I haven't been able to find any history about it in more recent searches.

All I can tell you is that I didn't make it and it has no meaning on this forum really. :laughing:

14. jonphisher

jonphisher Defender (672) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

This is funny I’ve always thought it was an original screenshot and you were just a big Star Wars fan. Now that I clicked to expand I see what you mean :sweat_smile:

hbbeeremptor and ChicagoJ like this.
  15. Ffenski

Ffenski Devotee (416) Apr 24, 2008 Ohio
    Society

This is a pic of my favorite guitarist, Jimmy Page, strumming on my favorite beer, Hopslam.

16. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (5,066) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Society Trader

I used to live in a small town in southern WV that had an authentic Irish Pub. They had a '99 Bottles' club, in which you drank 99 different beers to earn the finishers sweatshirt. My avatar pic is the back of that sweatshirt. The 9's are made up from the names of the beers that I consumed.

17. beer_beer

beer_beer Devotee (478) Feb 13, 2018 Finland
    Society

Sparrows are our friends too!

18. FLBeerGuy

FLBeerGuy Meyvn (1,326) Feb 6, 2007 Florida
    Trader

Mine is the original picture from Cigar City's Florida Man DIPA labal. Pokes fun at what seems to be the everyday national headline. "Florida Man ..." where ... is fill in with something absurd. Have to say I don't care for the new label.

19. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Aspirant (225) Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania

Big Sixers fan (insert Kawhi shot, Ben Simmons hold out nightmare, Bryan Colangelo burner twitter, Andrew Bynum bowling injury, Markelle Fultz hitch, Allen Iverson "practice" and/or Joel Embiid is alway injured joke(s) here). Also a fan of the number 69!

ChicagoJ, Peach63, JLK7299 and 5 others like this.
  20. md3kcn

md3kcn Disciple (313) Feb 4, 2021 North Carolina
    Trader

i enjoy green and triangles.

21. schteve

schteve Aspirant (235) Sep 10, 2003 New Jersey

22. Bierschenker

Bierschenker Zealot (599) Sep 7, 2004 Belgium

This is Higepiyo. A manga made anime. It's about a little chick with a mustache trying to find his way in a world that is unforgiving to outsiders. Cynical to the outside world, but seeing the fun and potention of life himself. The serial is rather short as well as the episodes. And in comparison to general anime productions, the artwork is minimalist.
    When I watched it, I was still sort of in late puberty and felt a connection with the character. The fact that he is suposed to be a youngster but drinks like there's no tomorrow to drown his Weltschmerz helped as well. Here he is sitting next to a bottle of sake he's emptying.
    I haven't changed my avatar for quite some years now. Been on and of the website as well.

#102 Bierschenker, Oct 13, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2021
  23. LarryV

LarryV Poo-Bah (2,585) Jun 13, 2001 Massachusetts
    Society

There is no special meaning behind my avatar, I change it when I feel like it.

SABERG, beerjerk666, ChicagoJ and 6 others like this.
  24. Phoodcritic

Phoodcritic Crusader (707) Jul 3, 2014 Michigan

Must I really explain?

jzeilinger, ChicagoJ, Peach63 and 5 others like this.
  25. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,163) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

It’s from beer trading video I made 10 years ago when beer trading was at its peak. Not sure how it holds up now, but when I first put it out there it went viral!

26. jonphisher

jonphisher Defender (672) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

This videos is hilarious. I can’t believe I’ve never seen it before. Amazing!

jrnyc, ChicagoJ, BigIronH and 3 others like this.
  27. o29

o29 Disciple (300) Sep 29, 2020 Texas
    Society Trader

ChicagoJ, BigIronH, cavedave and 6 others like this.
  28. Rug

Rug Meyvn (1,354) Aug 20, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

This was the best video in the recent beer comedy thread, awesome job!

SABERG, ChicagoJ, BigIronH and 6 others like this.
  29. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,163) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Thanks!!!

BigIronH, cavedave, Rug and 2 others like this.
  30. beergoot

beergoot Poo-Bah (7,675) Oct 11, 2010 Colorado
    Society Trader

My dog and I love each other, and I love beer (and he likes "beer fingers", i.e., he doesn't drink beer but will lick it off my fingers).

Nothing more. Nothing less.

jzeilinger, ChicagoJ, Peach63 and 8 others like this.
  31. ShawnoftheD3ad

ShawnoftheD3ad Aspirant (249) Mar 20, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Back in the day before the nephew became a marine, then an army ranger (little tough guy) he’d like to watch Fosters Home of Imaginary Friends on Nick?..(maybe CN?) when I use to babysit him. Cheese is a character from the show (my avatar) and he just clicks with me as myself is (was?) an avid cartoon watcher. Came across the image a while ago and instantly made it my own. Fitting for the site I would think.

As for the name, it’s a play on words and the actually movie is prob my 6th? favorite zombie movie.

ChicagoJ, Peach63, BigIronH and 7 others like this.
  32. SLeffler27

SLeffler27 Poo-Bah (2,615) Feb 24, 2008 New York
    Society Trader

What snarky comments?

BigIronH and Resistance88 like this.
  33. Benish

Benish Meyvn (1,240) Mar 13, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Just family history. It’s an vintage 7 oz bottle of Rhinelander Shorty from long long ago. Story is my great grandfather worked for the brewery at that time. He wasn’t much of a drinker and suggested smaller serving sizes. So while he did not get the credit, it was apparently his idea.

SABERG, dcotom, ChicagoJ and 10 others like this.
  34. sweetsimon

sweetsimon Initiate (30) Oct 22, 2017 Louisiana

My avatar is the emblem of Dick Simon Trucking (below is a photo of one of their trucks). My name is not Simon, and I have no affiliation with the company, but there is a story behind it:

When I was in college in the 90's, during successive interstate roadtrips over several years, my younger brother and I would occasionally pass Dick Simon Trucking 18-wheelers with this Sweet Simon flag skunk logo, which we found amusing, so it became a tradition that every time we would happen to see one during trips we'd both excitedly yell out "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Simon!" at the top of our lungs. It's been a running inside joke between me and my brother ever since and is a phrase we still say whenever we get excited about something.

I read online that Dick Simon Trucking went out of business in 2002, but the Sweet Simon skunk lives on with me!

[​IMG]

jzeilinger, SABERG, dcotom and 13 others like this.
  35. 40ontarget

40ontarget Zealot (533) Feb 7, 2012 Colorado
    Society

Mine is from my favorite movie, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. That is Liberty Valance played by Lee Marvin. The theme song is pretty good as well.

36. beerjerk666

beerjerk666 Poo-Bah (3,054) Aug 22, 2010 Florida
    Society Trader

I remember that video! It was and still is funny!

37. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,823) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

At the suggestion of @BigIronH, I am reposting with my first seasonal avatar: a Buckeye-themed sugar skull. The OG Block 'O' logo takes me back to my college days. I think I'll keep it around for a while. Of course, this won't make any sense to anyone who happens to stumble upon this thread two weeks from now, but what the hell.

38. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (3,253) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

And in a few months you can replace it with a pic of the FBS Bowl Championship trophy. :wink:

Resistance88, dcotom and BigIronH like this.
  39. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,823) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

Hell, we're not even the top-ranked team in Ohio right now. :wink:

40. Absolut

Absolut Zealot (552) Sep 19, 2011 California

Just a damn fine beer.