Mid-Atlantic breweries in planning (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by IGaveYouPower, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Mineo

Mineo Disciple (373) Jul 7, 2010 New York

they're gonna need some savvy SEO to show up in any search results, considering the popularity and abundance of articles about HVB lol

2. tynian16

tynian16 Disciple (370) Oct 23, 2015 New York
    Society

Does anyone know anything about Apex Brewing in Monroe, NY? Thanks!

3. IGaveYouPower

IGaveYouPower Initiate (150) Dec 2, 2010 New York

Had literally never even heard of them. Apparently they were planning on starting taproom construction late last year so if they did I'd imagine that's still going on. Doubt opens anytime soon but something to keep an eye on.

4. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Savant (951) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Bit more info:

Foreign Objects Beer Company Founders Launch Discord Beer Company

IGaveYouPower likes this.
  5. IGaveYouPower

Table 41 in Cohoes is now open. Spot looks gorgeous, gonna check it out this week.

6. IGaveYouPower

Couple new spots on the horizon in the Capital Region.

Pinder's Brewing in Colonie has a building and equipment, they're just waiting for state approval. Gonna be a nanobrewery -- samples and growler fills only, possibly canning runs if things go well early on.

Then there's gonna be Bye-I in Waterford. They've got a website but no other info.

7. breslinp

breslinp Initiate (58) Sep 28, 2006 Pennsylvania

Place next to Talen Energy in Chester is opening next weekend.

8. IGaveYouPower

Not sure how this slipped under my radar but there's a new place in Kingston called Kingston Standard Brewing.

Taproom looks clean and simple, beer looks good, but that's literally all I've got on the place. Need to make a trip down there to try out both that and Great Life.

cavedave likes this.
  9. schteve

schteve Aspirant (218) Sep 10, 2003 New Jersey

Highrail Brewing Co in High Bridge, NJ quietly opened over the weekend with 3 beers on. I didn't go because I saw the post too late.

10. IGaveYouPower

Kingston Standard was real solid. Had a great Brett IPA, super clean space, nice patio seating. Didn't try the food but they had oysters, a lobster roll and pretzels, all of which looked very good.

Unrelated: New place gonna be opening in Utica called Bagg's Square Brewing. Utica, more than most places, could really use a great brewery to bring brewery tourism into the city. Woodland Farm is fantastic, but it's about 5-10 minutes outside the city, and Utica needs a place where people will come in, and then go to some other great local businesses. I feel like the city can come back like other upstate cities have and a great brewery or two would be a real catalyst.

*I do love Saranac, it's a real stalwart and they still make very enjoyable beer, but it's not the kind of place that's gonna bring anyone in from elsewhere in NY.

FonyBones likes this.
  11. M-Fox24

Trader

12. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Aspirant (225) Feb 17, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

SingleCut North's tap room is now open in Clifton Park, NY Wednesdays-Sundays for the next few weeks as a "preview". Official grand opening slated for September.

13. IGaveYouPower

I went last week and it's great. They've got probably 20 things available (between draft and full cans) and things are pretty cheap, too. Drafts are either $6-7, half-pours are $2-3.

The space is beautiful, they've got board games, a projector for movies and stuff and a big bay door to open and let sun in. Crazy that this is really just their temporary taproom and the main one won't even open until next year.

14. RobHB

RobHB Initiate (97) Aug 20, 2017 New Jersey

I stopped there last night and was very pleased, good Peach Wheat and a really nice Oatmeal Stout. Both beers were very balanced, flavor wise, and were just simply enjoyable beers to drink

schteve likes this.
  15. schteve

schteve Aspirant (218) Sep 10, 2003 New Jersey

I've been a couple of times since. They had a smaller batch of a Lemondrop IPA that was very good and they're West Cost IPA is just what you'd expect. Malt backbone, piney/resiny hops.

16. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (87) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

Something called Roe Jan Brewing Co. is coming to my grandparents' tiny little town of Hillsdale, about 16 miles from Hudson. Seems like more a restaurant/brewpub kind of thing, but I'll definitely have to check it out.

17. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (100) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

Four City Brewing opened in Orange this past weekend. Anyone check that out yet? Some bold flavor combos coming out of the gate... pina colada IPA and a Pinot Grigio IPA....

18. M-Fox24

Trader

They seem to be taking the Workhorse approach via "Flights To Go," but are lacking in the ale/lager balance

19. IGaveYouPower

New spot in planning for Scoharie. Wayward something, slated for a spring 2020 opening.

And it looks like Lionheart Pub's second-floor brewpub is opening very soon. Like within the next few weeks soon.

20. IGaveYouPower

Freight Yard in Clay is now open. Space looks real nice.

21. IGaveYouPower

This place is called Fiden's (not sure where I got Pinder's) and they're opening Saturday the 28th.

22. IGaveYouPower

New spot called Wild East Brewing slated to open in a couple months. It's in Brooklyn like right by Threes and Strong Rope.

23. tinoynk

Trader

Between them, Sixpoint, Finback, and Collective Arts, that area of BK is gonna be crazy.

24. mumbles44

mumbles44 Aspirant (208) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

any details on if this is a brewer from somewhere opening a new spot

25. tinoynk

Trader

Pretty sure it's a whole new brewery.

26. IGaveYouPower

Had no idea SP, FB or CA were opening places in that area. SHEESH. You add OH and Folksbier and that's like eight breweries in a two-mile or so radius.

27. jma1979

jma1979 Initiate (24) Mar 21, 2018 New York

Xerlic likes this.
  28. IGaveYouPower

That sounds ambitious as hell. Would definitely be excited to check it out, though, you could make a nice little day of that, Plan Bee, King's Court and then Lolita's for pizza.

Xerlic likes this.
  29. JG__

JG__ Initiate (52) Mar 26, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

Ashton Brewing looks to be taking over the old Demented spot. Anyone know anything about the new venture?

30. Xerlic

Xerlic Initiate (152) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Trader

Might as well hit Obercreek too!

schteve likes this.
  31. dennis3951

dennis3951 Savant (919) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

They have a Facebook page. You should be able to find out there,

32. IGaveYouPower

Couple small updates:

1) Place called Heelpath opening in Frankfort, outside of Utica. Looks like a pretty run-of-the-mill spot (don't mean that to be insulting) but it'll be right off the Thruway which is nice.

2) Foreign Objects' taproom in Monroe is likely opening in the next month or two.

3) New place called Square Knot opening up in Canandiagua. Gonna be in the old train depot off Main St, right where Peacemaker used to be. Peacemaker bought a new spot in Canandaigua and will be building the taproom there.

4) Been open since earlier this year but was off my radar: Garvies Point Brewery in Long Island not too far from Oyster Bay.

ColdOne likes this.
  33. JG__

JG__ Initiate (52) Mar 26, 2017 New Jersey
    Trader

If only I had Facebook

34. dennis3951

dennis3951 Savant (919) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

You don't have to join just go on the site and search foe Ash Brewing

35. DavidK1126

DavidK1126 Initiate (38) May 7, 2019 New Jersey
    Trader

Newtown Brewing Co. (103 Penns Trail, Newtown, PA) will open on Friday, October 18, at 5 pm.

36. Conz

Conz Initiate (16) Jun 29, 2019 New Jersey

anyone ever get a growler fill at Source? What type of cost am I looking at? Feel like it's gonna be pretty expensive. Thanks