Mighty Things DIPA by Victory

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by guinness77, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (11,865) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Yes, a little updating is needed, this one has... "A minor biitterness in the finish".

2. Urk1127

Urk1127 Poo-Bah (1,851) Jul 2, 2014 New Jersey
    Society

Ive worked at a liqour store in which their markup on the store level was 20% my employee discount took that off the price. Those were the days.

JackHorzempa likes this.
  3. ESHBG

ESHBG Disciple (330) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I tried this beer, eh, it was okay.

4. zid

zid Meyvn (1,267) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Trader

I was impressed with this one too. Surprised by how much since I never clicked with Hop Ranch, but I haven’t had Hop Ranch since the first year it came out... and I’ve only had one Mighty Things so far. I aim to correct that in the next few weeks.

guinness77 and TongoRad like this.
  5. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (3,437) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

I had a couple of bottles this week, really enjoyed it. Dank hop bomb, as most Citra/Mosaic IPA/'sDIPA's tend to be, and the Azacca amplifies the dankitude. Well done, IMHO.

[​IMG]

IPAExpert69 and guinness77 like this.
  6. pro45

pro45 Initiate (0) Sep 11, 2016 New York

Hop Ranch had too much garlic and onion notes. Is Mighty Things similar??

7. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,879) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

I picked up onion in Mighty Things but I suspect that you will hear from folks with differing reports.

My guess is that you will have to try this beer for yourself to know whether your palate registers onion.

Cheers!

8. ESHBG

ESHBG Disciple (330) Jul 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

I did also, as I usually do with some of these hops. It wasn't overwhelming like some other beers are, though.

9. csurowiec

csurowiec Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2010 Maryland

I picked up a sixer Friday. It’s tasty, nothing earth shattering but a good beer. My 75yo dad who likes malty way more than hoppy said “whew that’s an IPA alright!” I did not get any onion on the palate or dank. To me it tasted very grapefruit.

10. IPAExpert69

IPAExpert69 Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2017 Pennsylvania

Went from knowing nothing about the release of this beer, to seeing it in every mix a six selection isle in jersey and Pennsylvania. Good beer for a great price, can't recommend it enough if you want a hop bomb that doesn't destroy your wallet.

BeastOfTheNortheast likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.