Modern Times at Total Wine FL

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by jkinzey, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkinzey

jkinzey Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

Just a heads up to anyone who is interested. Total Wine's brewery direct has brought in Modern Times products. They have every year round and current seasonal except Fourtunate Islands.

I hope this continues, I think this is the fourth time they have done this? I remember Alesmith, Surly, and Wiseacre so far.

2. KensWorld

KensWorld Meyvn (1,193) Nov 4, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Lord Hobo is also available at Tampa store but going fast

3. yytle

yytle Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2016 Florida

they've been doing it for years, just with more notable breweries recently. Ninkasi was a big one a year or so ago

4. newbrews

newbrews Aspirant (221) Jul 24, 2010 Florida
    Trader

Yup just grabbed a selection from TW stuart. Pretty fresh too with most cans/bottles being 3-4 weeks old.

5. jkinzey

jkinzey Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2014 Florida

Forgot about them. Although it sat around for so long maybe I thought they started distributing here. I bet there is still some on the shelves.

HossUF likes this.
  6. jcb7472

jcb7472 Zealot (522) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

saw this yesterday too at TW Plantation. I picked up some Fruitlands Passionfruit/Guava Sour & Lomaland Saison in 4 packs of 16 oz cans (all are $9.99 each) and a single pint can of Blazing World and Oneida Pale Ale ($3.49 each). They are all canned between 6/13 and 6/24/17 I believe

7. MikeMoriendi

MikeMoriendi Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2008 Pennsylvania

They actually signed distribution down here with Cavalier. They did a pulse of cans to start off and said they will begin full distribution in a couple of months with more cans and kegs.

ahroun, will_eye_e, jloomis and 2 others like this.
  8. BKnarr

BKnarr Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

Awesome. Was disappointed Fortunate Islands wasn't included in this initial run. Will be a regular buyer of that, Lomaland, and Fruitlands.

9. MikeMoriendi

MikeMoriendi Initiate (0) Jun 13, 2008 Pennsylvania

I was talking about Lord Hobo as @KensWorld had mentioned. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

10. BKnarr

Deactivated

Ahhh crap.

Bfairhurst74 likes this.
  11. Soke

Soke Initiate (0) Dec 16, 2015 Florida

I went to TW Plantation and got some Fruitland Tropical Fruit.

Thoughts on Lomaland?

12. BKnarr

Deactivated

My
    My favorite of the bunch. It's not the best saison I've ever had, but the quality for the price and in cans just makes it irresistible to me living an outdoorsy life in hot FL. Fruitlands was my second favorite. Black House is good, but if I'm buying a coffee stout in 16oz cans, I'm buying Motorworks Midnight Espresso over it. The Pils was too sweet of a pilsber for my taste. Blazing world and Oneida were meh.

Bfairhurst74 and Soke like this.
  13. jcb7472

jcb7472 Zealot (522) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

Lomaland was solid and decent price $10 for 4 sixteen oz cans. Fruitlands was my favorite and $10 is a great price for a fruit sour/gose. Also thought Blazing World & Oneida were just ok and glad I only grabbed a single of each. Didn't try the others yet.

14. Jarnet87

Jarnet87 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Florida

Fruitlands was my favorite of the ones i grabbed (got one of everything minus the Pils and Saison).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.