Molson Brador?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by eap35, Feb 15, 2020 at 3:00 AM.

1. eap35

eap35 Initiate (0) Saturday

is there anyplace to purchase my favourite beer? Beer stores in Canada have it active yet not on shelves or be able to order

2. jesskidden

jesskidden Poo-Bah (1,937) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

3. polloenfuego

polloenfuego Poo-Bah (1,816) Jan 26, 2013 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

Good lord. I haven't thought about Brador since my younger days in the 1980s. It was a go to beer for those of us who wanted the extra ABV.

I'm pretty sure it started dying off years ago, slowly dropping down to a regional brew, mostly in Quebec. And even then it was hard to find. I'm pretty sure it is retired now. A quick look at the Molson Coors site doesn't show it as a brand.

I'll always have fond memories, I hope you do too.

onezendad likes this.
  4. onezendad

onezendad Initiate (135) Apr 16, 2018 Ontario (Canada)
    Society

Ahh Brador. For me its the same vintage as Red Dog, XXX and the ill-conceived "Ice Beer Wars" period.

Have not seen nor heard of it in Ontario in ages.

5. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Poo-Bah (2,300) Mar 7, 2013 Quebec (Canada)
    Society Trader

I have not seen it here in Quebec. However some cursory googling shows that it is still being sold somewhere. Not quite clear where though. On the untappd thread I found it looked like last year someone had picked it up at the Beer Store so that might be a lead for you!

6. Coronaeus

Coronaeus Savant (999) Apr 21, 2014 Ontario (Canada)
    Trader

I think some of those Untappd check-ins are people checking in the beer from memory or else transferring their rating in from another place. It hasn’t been on the Beer Store website for several years.

It isn’t listed by Molson on their site either - but that isn’t always kept up to date.

The advice to contact Molson directly is probably best.

TheDoctor likes this.