Monkish Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Frosty11161, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serna714

Serna714 Initiate (124) Dec 12, 2014 California
    Trader

I also struck out on the Jutuex sale. It was surprising to see it go immediately to Sold Out, instead of unavailable.
    Luckily, I was able to try it on tap on Saturday. I was also able to purchase onsite bottles of Mas Jutuex b2 and Mas Fruit Cart. Mas Jutuex batch 2 wasn't as much as apricot bomb as batch 1, but it was still solid. Mas Fruit Cart is still tasting amazing, and probably one of my favorite fruited saisons that Henry has put out. Definitely my favorite from the Mas series. (patiently waiting for Same Tree)

Yabu, lucius10 and dranthony2012 like this.
  2. IQBlue

IQBlue Initiate (132) Oct 2, 2014 California

Looks like Monkish sold out of Atomically cans in little over an hour. That’s not usually normal right?

3. StonedRaider

StonedRaider Initiate (149) Oct 25, 2007 California
    Trader

That’s highly unusual especially considering that their twitter feed kept noting that there was no line. Did they suddenly become hyper efficient with managing the line and processing payments?

4. Redondo_Terp

Redondo_Terp Initiate (24) Jan 19, 2018 California

Correct, but rent is due on Wednesday

5. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

i'm sure most people realized there was a release today because they said they were having 3 this week and have only had 1 so far this week, so do the math and Sunday has only been done for their anniversary. So I'm sure lots of people were there at opening and with 3 per person and only 130 cases it will go fast.

HopHead89, IQBlue, OTB and 3 others like this.
  6. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (161) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

the good glassware sold out quick af...struck out :rage:

7. jamshard2mash

jamshard2mash Initiate (114) May 4, 2017 California
    Trader

got me a gold rimmed tulip! Excited to add another gold rim to the collection

8. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (132) Aug 3, 2017 California
    Trader

Glassware sales are legit. Anyone want to buy my extra blue teku?

9. 310gts

310gts Initiate (67) Jun 22, 2018 California
    Trader

Scored a PGG. everything went super quick though. :joy:

HopHead89 likes this.
  10. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (161) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

I hate you for that. haha at least one of us got something good.

Frosty11161 and 310gts like this.
  11. jcraft29

jcraft29 Initiate (44) Jul 8, 2014 Kentucky

I'm coming in from KY next Wednesday. What are my chances of getting cans, slim to none?

12. Chris818c

Chris818c Initiate (51) Mar 16, 2016 California

As long as you’re at monkish within an hour of a release you should be fine.

lucius10 likes this.
  13. dvnbtn

dvnbtn Initiate (52) Sep 9, 2012 California
    Trader

I highly recommend that you follow both of their Instagram and Twitter accounts and turn on post notifications, if you don’t already follow them. Their can releases are usually announced via IG and Twitter around 2:30 pm PT on the day of release and sale usually starts at 4 pm. Their Twitter feed provides release info and periodic updates of available allotments and the number of people in line. As previously mentioned, if you get to the brewery within the hour of a release announcement, you’re pretty much guaranteed a full allotment.

Rbarnes4381 and Chris818c like this.
  14. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Except Friday and Saturday releases. Friday releases are typically announced between noon and opening (1pm). Saturday’s have been the day before but could also get announced at opening.

15. CityofWind_brew

CityofWind_brew Devotee (411) Jan 15, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

I’m sure this is asked over and over, but... would I have any shot at a can release if I arrived after 5pm? Will be in town in 2 weeks

Thanks in advance!

16. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

Depends on the can, but following their social media (especially Twitter on release day) is your best bet.

17. 310gts

310gts Initiate (67) Jun 22, 2018 California
    Trader

on a monday-thursday release, more than likely. id just check their release page for the number of releases for the week you're in town (usually updated monday afternoon) and follow them on twitter/instagram for the notifications and line/count updates like Izzy mentioned. gl!

CityofWind_brew likes this.
  18. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (101) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

You would have been SOL if you came this week...

R1c0rtez, CityofWind_brew and 310gts like this.
  19. HarbaughsGrit

HarbaughsGrit Initiate (51) Sep 9, 2017 California

Visiting this week. Saw on their website no cans this week. Bad luck if true.

20. BeersandBread

BeersandBread Aspirant (202) Jan 20, 2016 California
    Trader

For the 2 people coming this week, set up an IP trade. Monkish as had a ton of high volume (for them) releases recently. I have no doubt you could trade for it.

dvnbtn, chemman14 and Dka67 like this.
  21. J-loco

J-loco Aspirant (211) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

Or you can get some growlers to go ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

22. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

Aren't there still bottles of Lonely Traffic Light and Bizoot? Those are fantastic.

310gts likes this.
  23. OTB

OTB Devotee (485) Sep 2, 2011 California

So with you on this one, some of Monkish's best beers never see the inside of a can and their glass is cheap, my God, Moves In Silence is one of the best beers they have brewed this year IMHO. The majority of my Monkish consumption is from the tap.

Cheers,

R1c0rtez, pro100, J-loco and 2 others like this.
  24. annakarina

annakarina Initiate (174) Jul 29, 2016 California

They won’t let you order two beers at a time?

25. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

Yeah, I'm curious too. When did they change that? I'm trying to recall if last time I went and ordered for myself if it was two half pours or two fulls.

26. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (218) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

My last visit roughly a month or 2 ago I was able to get 2 half pours (tasters?). That'd be a real bummer if it was only 1 pour at a time.

27. annakarina

Well that's dumb. Tell me more about this fight...

nvbrew, 310gts and Fippy_Darkpaw like this.
  28. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

hophead v. who?

I kid. That does make sense though, regarding when it was implemented. Though, I'm rarely at anywhere but the little bar corner, and always in tow with my girl, so I guess...I haven't had a reason to do more than 1 pour at a time in a long while...?

HopHead89 and 310gts like this.
  29. J-loco

J-loco Aspirant (211) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

I was there yesterday I saw 2 pours being served

chemman14 likes this.
  30. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (237) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

Its probably dependent on how long the line is.

31. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

Speaking of the pre-pre. Man, when I was picking up Jeteaux, I was green with envy when the GF saw the PP bottles.

32. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

Indeed an Iced Trout amongst non-Iced ones.

R1c0rtez and chemman14 like this.
  33. annakarina

I fear my request for more details on the fight has largely gone ignored. My lunch break has been ruined.

34. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

I'll help appease you. It was me. I told someone I didn't like Shadowboxing (which I don't). The fight was quick, our neckbeards got entangled and we kind of swung right into each other and knocked each other out.

There may have been kissing.

As you can see, it was an old head, possibly OTB, since everyone knows new money doesn't Belgian.

nvbrew, HopHead89, R1c0rtez and 4 others like this.
  35. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (557) Jul 9, 2010 California

I think the two full pours also depends on if you're with anybody. When I go with my wife, I'm able to get two full pours (without her being in line)

36. D09daryl

D09daryl Initiate (107) Mar 11, 2017 California
    Trader

You don't even have a beard Izzy

PBRandJ likes this.
  37. Izzy_Izumi

Trader

I've been trying. :sob:

35 years, and I still have the facial hair of a 14 y.o.

310gts, chemman14 and D09daryl like this.
  38. da_beer_badboy

da_beer_badboy Initiate (60) Feb 9, 2017 California

Has any chicanery been going on with latest Monkish releases? They sold 168 cases in an hour today?

I remember a week or two ago one of their releases had 20 cases left and no one in line and sold out 5 minutes later...

I think Modern Time makes better hazies and have stopped bothering with them; is the hype really still that high here?

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  39. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (218) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

I'm also really surprised with how quickly this one sold out. Saw the release and planned to leave after my last work call at 1:30pm. Sold out already.

Felt abnormally fast but I guess everyone was anticipating the drop with 2 releases pending on a Friday. I enjoy MT but hadn't had Monkish in a while, ah well maybe next time but not tomorrow which I'm assuming is another bananas release.

OTB likes this.
  40. mlobster

mlobster Initiate (61) Dec 30, 2012 California
    Trader

Monkish sold 130 cases of Atomically on a Friday release about 3 weeks ago and it also went in a hour or so. I think that Friday releases go very quickly as opposed to the mid-week ones.

HopHead89 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.