Monkish Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Frosty11161, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 310gts

310gts Initiate (68) Jun 22, 2018 California
    Trader

and there is the electric counter drop lol. :laughing:

HopHead89 likes this.
  2. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (558) Jul 9, 2010 California

The release from today is on for growler fills.

3. da_beer_badboy

da_beer_badboy Initiate (60) Feb 9, 2017 California

Let us know if you can get two full pours of it.

chemman14, UnknownKoger and J-loco like this.
  4. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (161) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

The hype never left. Monkish always sells out the day of, so whether it be one hour, two hours, three hours, it sells out. Maybe one or two times were it lasted til next day.

OTB likes this.
  5. OTB

OTB Devotee (486) Sep 2, 2011 California

[​IMG]

My first cans since Float Like Gravity. This sold out very quick, caught the alert as I was leaving West LA and probably got there with about 30 cases left at 12:45-ish. This is good at this young age.

Cheers,

HopHead89 likes this.
  6. OTB

I cannot disagree with you about MT, not saying they are better but they have stepped up their game BIG time, hard to top their hazies recently and some like DDH MT5 ! and this months Unlike Birds and Tiger Millionaire are better than some Monkish DIPA/TIPAs.

Cheers,

#566 OTB, May 18, 2019
    Last edited: May 18, 2019
  7. OTB

They've been doing this more and more recently which I love.

Cheers,

J-loco and HopHead89 like this.
  8. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (558) Jul 9, 2010 California

Interestingly, the statement regarding pour limit was no longer on the board. I noticed this but forgot to ask about it

Also, y'all need to get their new quad. Shit's dope, yo...full of clout...and cred...yo....

9. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Guys, it sold out because of f simple math and people easily expected the release today. Just like the last time a Friday release sold out in a couple hours. They said there would be two releases this week and they haven’t had one, so with only 3 days left in the week and one of those being Sunday it was obvious the release was happening.

10. J-loco

J-loco Aspirant (211) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

Beer math.

HopHead89 and UnknownKoger like this.
  11. StonedRaider

StonedRaider Initiate (149) Oct 25, 2007 California
    Trader

The math doesn’t do it for me. I’ve been in line where they estimated about 100 in line and it usually takes 45 min to an hour to get through. 160 cases is enough for 320 people to get full allotments. I’m still of the opinion that they either became hyper efficient with the line or there are some sort of shenanigans going on. Does not compute.

12. OTB

Think for a minute, 210 of the approximately 360 allotments were gone after 45 minutes.

Cheers,

HopHead89 likes this.
  13. StonedRaider

Trader

Ok so you’re saying that the line got much more efficient than before. Not unbelievable. In fact it’s one of the scenarios I speculated. I was really just wondering if they in fact become more efficient.

14. OTB

Friday releases are unique. Usually there are the 50-70 lot lizards who come early everyday in line at opening and then it's just a steady flow of people. There are 4 check out stations so they can move product pretty quickly.

Cheers,

pro100, HopHead89 and StonedRaider like this.
  15. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Savant (943) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Society Trader

What are you getting at? You think they lied about how much they made or have a bunch more sitting around or something?

16. StonedRaider

Trader

I don’t think they lied. I was just trying to figure if the lines got much more efficient. @OTB indicated that there are now 4 checkout stations. Last time I was there there were only 2. That would explain it.

17. HopHead89

Trader

Whatta about that electric counter release at 9am to throw off the hazebroz? The haze game is getting more competitive now with electric contending...

310gts likes this.
  18. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (218) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

Anyone else wait in line for a few hours like a ding dong only to find that it was available throughout the afternoon with no line? I did. Both beers are good though, can't say I like one more than the other but happy I was able to pick up both.

19. Chris818c

Chris818c Initiate (51) Mar 16, 2016 California

I was able to walk in at 4:30p with zero line and pick up 4-4pks of Walkman. I wish monkish was always this easy lol

HopHead89 likes this.
  20. HopHead89

Trader

I was able to do the same at electric for crawling out of murk, which is tremendous!!!

OTB and Chris818c like this.
  21. Chris818c

Chris818c Initiate (51) Mar 16, 2016 California

How’s electric compared to monkish?

22. HopHead89

Trader

Plead to 5th

23. OTB

I did that Friday too, and yesterday afternoon I grabbed a couple 4 packs with nobody there. The beers are good, not blow you away good which leads me to my next point. We did a little sharing last night with the 3 new Monkish releases and two new MT beers, Unlike Birds and Tiger Millionaire. All six of us liked the MT beers more, and Tiger Millionaire was the best of the bunch.IMHO there is a lot of parody now when it comes to west coast haze, which is a very good thing for consumers, there's a reason you can walk into Monkish 7 hours after opening and buy cans.

Cheers,

pro100, BlazinHazen, jwacky and 3 others like this.
  24. OTB

Andrew, from a house full of attorneys, it's plead THE fifth...... thank you:sunglasses:

Cheers,

R1c0rtez, gregoryG and HopHead89 like this.
  25. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (218) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

Yup, that was likely the last time I stand in line at Monkish. The beers are good but I preferred both DDH MT5! and Stencil Crew to either of the Monkish releases from yesterday. I can say the same when I had them fresh as well if one were to argue that they might be too 'green'. I haven't had Tiger or the recent Unlike Birds (had on draft before cans) but will grab a 4 pack when I do my bottle pickups next week.

I'm feeling confident that MT will scratch my IPA can itch moving forward. Monkish is still great though and I'll be happy when I stumble upon cans or get a growler fill.

pro100, HopHead89 and OTB like this.
  26. OTB

Just wait until you taste Unlike Birds and Tiger Millionaire, two more stellar examples from MT. I like Monkish, but there are so many other well crafted beers of that category that are as good if not better and a hell of a lot easier to acquire.

Cheers,

27. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (549) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

This is exactly how I feel about Electric & Sat morning Monkish releases ... I’m just completely over the shitshow surrounding these releases. Agreed, Modern Times and here locally in OC, Green Cheek, will scratch that hazy itch.

FrogOut69, Atrox77, lucius10 and 2 others like this.
  28. NicIsAwesome

NicIsAwesome Initiate (78) Jun 30, 2014 California
    Trader

And from a sports fan its parity not parody :nerd:

FrogOut69 and OTB like this.
  29. OTB

LOL, actually both are applicable in the usage, parody is also used to describe the imitation of a style, parity often is used, as you noted, to show equality, so which witch is which ?

Cheers,

#589 OTB, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  30. mlobster

mlobster Initiate (61) Dec 30, 2012 California
    Trader

And from a grammar fan, it's parity, not its parity :grimacing:. The latter is the possessive.

31. OTB

So there was one I could drink huh Andrew ?, it seems all their beers have a ton of milk sugars and dairy adjuncts which I don't do. One of these days I'll get a can that I can drink and see what all the hype is about :sunglasses:

Cheers,

HopHead89 likes this.
  32. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (103) Apr 27, 2017 California

I mean, they still sold 500+ cases of beer on-site within 1 business day yesterday. That’s still a very sizable demand if you ask me. Not to say there’s not competition, but still. I think any place selling that much beer in one day is doing pretty damn well.

33. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (132) Aug 3, 2017 California
    Trader

Anyone cracking any Juteux or the mas versions yet?

34. NicIsAwesome

NicIsAwesome Initiate (78) Jun 30, 2014 California
    Trader

Haha i actually have a sticky note in my cubicle that says "it's = contraction. Its = possessive". I'm terrible!

mlobster likes this.
  35. pro100

pro100 Initiate (105) Oct 12, 2014 California

Yeah I agree about MT. Their on a serious roll right now. Just got my 4 packs of Unlike Birds and its straight fire and very easy to acquire as well.

FrogOut69, OTB, lucius10 and 2 others like this.
  36. HopHead89

Trader

Monkish went crazy today on that Friday release, 4 beers were released today. Nice seeing you in line @dcgunman always a pleasure chatting BEER...

OTB and dcgunman like this.
  37. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Initiate (183) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

:wink:

UnknownKoger and HopHead89 like this.
  38. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Savant (943) Mar 10, 2013 California
    Society Trader

[record needle scratch] Whuuuuuut?

@dcgunman , have you been gaslighting us this whole time??? I thought you "don't do Monks." :wink:

39. HopHead89

Trader

My thoughts exactly, we literally lined up next to each other. Sorry @dcgunman for blowing your cover. I have a big mouth sometimes:beers:

R1c0rtez, 310gts, OTB and 1 other person like this.
  40. OTB

WTF !:astonished::astonished::astonished: David was at THE MONKS today ???, all right, I'm convinced the world has gone mad and this just proves it, buddy, you's gots sum splainin' to do.

Cheers,

310gts and HopHead89 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.