Monkish Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Frosty11161, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atrox77

Atrox77 Initiate (35) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Yeah I'm really sure that Henry is waking up in cold sweats at night worrying about what Electric Brewing is doing. The stuff that comes out of your mouth sometimes almost has me convinced that this is a troll account.

NWH83, Dansac, BeerBaron666 and 8 others like this.
  2. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (167) Feb 8, 2017 California

He's real, unfortunately.

HopHead89 and chemman14 like this.
  3. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (101) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Dropped by Electric once on the way to pick up DDG and of all the IPAs I had I only really enjoyed Pay the Piper a lot... everything else was a little too heavy

4. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Initiate (39) Oct 5, 2012 California

Agreed. Needs to make a come back

UnknownKoger likes this.
  5. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (161) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

I'm pretty sure he notices bruh! Not a troll but do have trolling tendencies :grimacing:

310gts and lucius10 like this.
  6. 310gts

310gts Initiate (68) Jun 22, 2018 California
    Trader

so today or tomorrow? lol

7. mlobster

mlobster Initiate (61) Dec 30, 2012 California
    Trader

Today.

310gts likes this.
  8. HopHead89

Trader

double can yall

310gts likes this.
  9. OTB

OTB Devotee (486) Sep 2, 2011 California

If they put Foggier on for fills tomorrow, which seems to be the norm lately, I may have to drop by for a fill, hoping it's as good as always. We dropped in last Sunday on our way home from Santa Barbara because they had Water Balloon on, it was good but not as good as it has been in previous batches.

Cheers,

10. OTB

[​IMG]

I really like this hop combo of Galaxy and Pacific Jade, it's juicy enough but has a very clean beam of hoppy bitterness that reminds us that we're drinking a beer. Very full creamy mouth, one of the better Monkish beers lately.

Cheers,

pro100, lucius10, 310gts and 3 others like this.
  11. victoreyes

victoreyes Initiate (105) Jan 5, 2010 California
    Trader

So what’s going on this week since the menu hasn’t been updated yet at 7:45 Monday

HopHead89 and 310gts like this.
  12. OTB

[​IMG]

My 1st can of Monkish in almost three months. Great new label same great beer, outside of Broadcasting Live and Liquid flows this is my favorite Monkish beer.

Cheers,

TheBrewsky, pro100, lucius10 and 2 others like this.
  13. HopHead89

Trader

That can art tho!? :heart_eyes:

14. HopHead89

Trader

Couple of days ago, Monkish posted a story with a black bottle with a new logo. Any ideas on what it could be? Maybe a stout?

15. mlobster

mlobster Initiate (61) Dec 30, 2012 California
    Trader

UnknownKoger and HopHead89 like this.
  16. Chris818c

Chris818c Initiate (51) Mar 16, 2016 California

Anyone else planning on joining the F5 race tomorrow... $55 for 15-20 oz of super rare beer.. sounds like a steal to me lol

17. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (218) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

$11 bucks per 3-4 oz with no guarantee that you'll even get to try one of the five event beers. And they're encouraging attendees to arrive early, in other words start a line for the super limited event.

I attend most monkish events but not this one.

Frosty11161, PBRandJ and Chris818c like this.
  18. lucius10

lucius10 Champion (861) Aug 1, 2017 California
    Trader

Hey Fellas! I have a question/rant for my SoCal brethern and beernerds...I am from The Sac Area, but I have been able to visit Monkish about 4 times or so...and I even ran into a can release one time! (Nice!) I am a big fan of Monkish and the quality of their brews...

But, do you guys think it is time for Monkish to size up their facilities a tad? In particular, their tasting room? I know as a small business owner, profit margins are thin at times and moving or upgrading/renovating can be a huge expense...but, it seems like they are doing pretty well. And, I think their ever growing customer base and fanboys (like me) would love the extra space to stretch out a bit and not have to hunt for, or stalk a place to sit every time!

And what is up with having no Wifi?!?! For us beergeeks who post/peruse Untappd and Insta (which gives them more pub!), Wifi is more a need than a luxury, amiright? or am I reaching? Is there a backstory to Monkish that I am missing? Help a bro out...

Inquiring minds want to know! LOL...

19. pinballplayer

pinballplayer Disciple (321) Jul 2, 2014 California
    Trader

I believe Henry shares in the same school of thought as Vinnie Cilurzo on this one...An expansion might be in the cards come 2025 if Monkish is still in demand.

lucius10 likes this.
  20. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

They have expanded in the last year. If I had to guess they have probably doubled production.

PBRandJ, Izzy_Izumi and lucius10 like this.
  21. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (558) Jul 9, 2010 California

Yeah they got the back building awhile back. That'll probably be it as far as expansion goes anytime soon

I do agree on the WiFi though

lucius10 likes this.
  22. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (132) Aug 3, 2017 California
    Trader

Most of the expansion has gone into brewing space (whether that's barrels, foeders, cool boxes, etc). Hence the larger allocations.

Now, as far as sitting space, I'm not super privy into the inner workings of Monkish and Henry's mind, but they'll grow that when THEY feel they need to.

23. Rbarnes4381

Rbarnes4381 Initiate (161) Oct 29, 2013 California
    Trader

Am I the only one the doesn’t care about WiFi? I rarely connect to it when it is available because my phone has internet. Even when I am at home I often forget to connect. I did connect at a coffee bean a couple weeks ago because my laptop wasn’t connecting to my phone that was set up as a hotspot.

Thenomad512, chemman14 and 310gts like this.
  24. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (132) Aug 3, 2017 California
    Trader

Not everyone has unlimited data to spare.

That being said, I also feel you Rbarnes. I sometimes just forget to do any kind of internet connectivity with my phone since it's just there.

R1c0rtez, lucius10 and 310gts like this.
  25. TheBrewsky

TheBrewsky Meyvn (1,322) Apr 23, 2017 California
    Trader

Y’all think a can release might happen today?

dannyexists likes this.
  26. J-loco

J-loco Aspirant (211) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

I think they did have it available but it kept dropping out. So don’t quote me. The WiFi that is.

27. OTB

[​IMG]

Everyone of you who scored this today HAS to crack a can within 24 hours and report back. That is all, one of the best if not the best all Galaxy hopped beers we get to drink. Monky back on a roll big time !

Cheers,

#667 OTB, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  28. OTB

[​IMG]

Part two from todays amazing double can release, these beers to me are much more approachable at 2-3 days old than I can recall but then again I always crack em young and green. All I needed today was either Broadcasting Live or Liquid Flows to win the tri-fecta. Henry, are you listening ? I know the labels are there, lets get some Nelson love flowing sooner than later.

Cheers,

29. HopHead89

Trader

I see henry going down the path of slushies. Those are HOT right now especially with this weather.

30. 310gts

Trader

just cracked a planets and immediately regret not getting more. :sweat_smile:

and booo slushies, more pils please. lol :yum:

31. annakarina

annakarina Initiate (174) Jul 29, 2016 California

Do you have a basis for this speculation or is this like you thinking Henry is worried about the rise of Electric Brewing?

Redondo_Terp, J-loco and OTB like this.
  32. OTB

Tell us what you think, I'm stoked you cracked one at 3 days old !

Cheers,

310gts likes this.
  33. OTB

No No No, if anything I think Monkish is honing in on their core and doing them as well as they can again after a brief detour. Slushie Mushie, for a night a fun thing, but not sustainable in the long run.

Cheers,

34. OTB

That's why there are Pilsners and pale ales buddy !

Cheers,

35. 310gts

Trader

It is definitely in my top 5 favs from monkish, personally. its been awhile since the last batch, but I want to say that this batch is a little softer out of the gate, but all of that galaxy flavor is still right there and in your face - which is great. highly recommend giving one a try now as well. :beers:

HopHead89, lucius10 and OTB like this.
  36. HopHead89

Trader

Ohhh I agree, I would rather have those instead of slushies, but the market demands slushies. At least on these FB trading forums people are going all-in on 450 slushies.

37. Fippy_Darkpaw

Fippy_Darkpaw Aspirant (218) Sep 14, 2010 California
    Trader

Woops, eating a bit of crow on this one. I did end up attending and it was worth it. Self-admittedly I was turned off and salty about the price of admissions and line hype but like all Monkish events it was a really good time.

The pours were generous and the beers were top notch. I was curious how they'd fit 120-150 into the tasting room but it never felt crowded and the longest I waited for a pour was 30 seconds. Logistically it was just the right size and there were a slew of tasty beverages scattered across 3 pouring stations. The burritos outside were ridiculously good but that poor guy on the grill needs a bigger flat top and more hands to bump up capacity. The turnaround time from order to pickup was 30-40 mins and growing when I snagged one an hour after opening.

The Omni collabs were pretty good and fun to try but none of them knocked my socks off. Favorite was the gose which was surprising, figured I'd be head over heels over scooop. Beer of the night for me was Little Twin Stars and Hiddenness was a close second. I dream of Monkish bottling both beers, especially Little Twin Stars.

310gts likes this.
  38. HopHead89

Trader

Such a great batch @OTB

TheBrewsky, pro100, OTB and 1 other person like this.
  39. TurkeysDrinkBeer

TurkeysDrinkBeer Initiate (79) Sep 8, 2018 Virginia
    Trader

Why though? Everything from 450 has been horrible so far, I really don't understand the hype or demand for the crap they are making

nvbrew, 310gts, Atrox77 and 1 other person like this.
  40. HopHead89

Trader

TBH, I dont know. Just see tons of ISO post for 450 slushies lately. Hear they taste great but I wouldnt know. Havent gotten my hands on them yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.