Monkish Brewing (2019)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Frosty11161, Dec 31, 2018.

1. SoCalBeerIdiot

SoCalBeerIdiot Defender (625) Mar 10, 2013 California

I haven't had any Electric but would definitely try some if readily available :wink:

HopHead89 likes this.
  2. artstvn

artstvn Initiate (26) May 29, 2019 California

In my experience, I visited Electric about 3 years ago prior to all of this recent hype. I found all of their IPA's to be extremely sweet and overbearing. Mouthfeel great, vegetal finish, and harsh bitterness. I went about 6 months ago, and the IPA's were still very sweet, although they have improved on the finish for me.

Doesn't come close to Monkish for me. IMO.

HopHead89 likes this.
  3. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (154) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

Experimental Space Cookie was almost as bad as Monk-Tiki. That one was definite miss for Monkish. Heard guided meditation was pretty bad as well. For Monkish being in business for 7 years they only had about 4 drain pour beers, Monk-Tiki, Nighthawkz, guided mediation & experimental space cookie, that's not a bad track record at all.

4. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Initiate (39) Oct 5, 2012 California

I think you need to add Mango Space cookie in there too. If that's the right variant of space cookie I'm thinking of..me and my friend left our pours at the tap room half filled. Didn't even bother.

I think this is Henry's OG drain pour though
    https://untappd.com/b/monkish-brewing-co-red-table-w-thai-basil-and-sriracha/507029

5. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (525) Jul 9, 2010 California

OG Red Table was a treasure, though

R1c0rtez likes this.
  6. Atrox77

Atrox77 Initiate (34) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Yeah I'm really sure that Henry is waking up in cold sweats at night worrying about what Electric Brewing is doing. The stuff that comes out of your mouth sometimes almost has me convinced that this is a troll account.

7. Hype_Train

Hype_Train Initiate (150) Feb 8, 2017 California

He's real, unfortunately.

HopHead89 and IcyTrout like this.
  8. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (92) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

Dropped by Electric once on the way to pick up DDG and of all the IPAs I had I only really enjoyed Pay the Piper a lot... everything else was a little too heavy

9. R1c0rtez

R1c0rtez Initiate (39) Oct 5, 2012 California

Agreed. Needs to make a come back

UnknownKoger likes this.
  10. HopHead89

Trader

I'm pretty sure he notices bruh! Not a troll but do have trolling tendencies :grimacing:

310gts and lucius10 like this.
  11. 310gts

310gts Initiate (48) Jun 22, 2018 California
    Trader

so today or tomorrow? lol

12. mlobster

mlobster Initiate (61) Dec 30, 2012 California
    Trader

13. HopHead89

Trader

double can yall

310gts likes this.
  14. OTB

OTB Devotee (440) Sep 2, 2011 California

If they put Foggier on for fills tomorrow, which seems to be the norm lately, I may have to drop by for a fill, hoping it's as good as always. We dropped in last Sunday on our way home from Santa Barbara because they had Water Balloon on, it was good but not as good as it has been in previous batches.

Cheers,