Monkish Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by HopHead89, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnance88

jnance88 Zealot (548) Jun 10, 2014 California
    Trader

You're proud of waiting 3 hours for beer that you are going to trade away?

2. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 California

Waiting in line for 3 hours for a hazy ipa would be the complete opposite of epic. Even more so that excitement to trade a beer away seems like everything wrong in the beer scene right now.

Stop treating beer as a crypto-currency and just as something that is to be enjoyed for the craft that it is. Yes, supply/demand blah blah blah. Eventually that grass is always greener ticker mentality gets old and looking back at the time waited in line makes you feel foolish and far from some badge of honor earned

3. swanfungus

swanfungus Maven (1,426) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Trader

99% this is a troll account now. If not... :pensive:

4. erichxedge

erichxedge Crusader (451) Nov 29, 2009 California

Never really cared or paid attention to Monkish, but holy shit. People are actually stoked on waiting in line for a 4pk of cans for three hours. More power to you, but I get upset waiting 15 min in line at a bar for a beer. Sorry, but no beer is worth three hours of my time. Probably wont be stopping by Saturday to check it out and hit Brouwerij West or Phantom Carriage instead.

5. Earlycsquid

But don't you see, he can flip those hype beers for hype beers from a different coast, which will then travel cross country here to get flipped for the next hype stout in another part of the states. Hype stout will then sit in a closet cellar of the 1 bedroom condo until another hype triple gets released that he can't make the instagram announced drop of and he'll totally land that beer... to only get flipped for another sikkkkest hype beer release.

the_bavarian, Serna714, jrnyc and 4 others like this.
  6. HopHead89

HopHead89 Pundit (752) Oct 20, 2016 California

you guys are right about waiting 3 hrs for beer does suck, but you get to meet all kinds of people and you really are getting an awesome beer. then getting these crazy ratios for your beers makes it all that worth it to me. for example, traded 2 cans for 6 TH beers. 3:1. tell me that isn't awesome. also trading two cans for a golden TH teku. come on thats legitness.

taylordane likes this.
  7. taylordane

taylordane Initiate (0) Dec 28, 2015 California

Ignore the haters @HopHead89 Their super jealous and can't help but shame you. Keep doing you, don't change.

8. HopHead89

not a troll! but have trolling tendencies...

9. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Zealot (602) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

HopHead89, just keeping doing you man. If you wanna spend your time and money doing all that and it makes you happy, then who cares? Lots of guys in here that are acting holier than thou. At least he's not razzling it, those are the real fuckbois.

10. HopHead89

I don't SELL my Beer, Only Trade. I don't Raffle beers for followers. I also trade these beers with friends that could never get their hands on it. I trade them for shelfies beers most the time when it comes to my beerchachos. I just try to live that craft beer life. please stop shitting on me ya. I get all sad when I crack open that monkish can but then when I taste it, it ALL goes away. lol cheers ya
    [​IMG]

j47paco likes this.
  11. J-loco

J-loco Savant (1,018) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

damn rustled my jimmies

jnance88 likes this.
  12. j47paco

j47paco Zealot (716) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

Seriously! There’s some salty dudes on here trying to clown on the guy as if it’s THEIR time or THEIR money that he’s wasting. I don’t wait in line or trade beers, but more power to him if he chooses to do so. I actually enjoy the enthusiasm in his posts. It reminds me of when I first discovered the world of craft beer and wanted to try every beer out there. Cheers @HopHead89

13. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

I remember my first beer

jrnyc, SDReaper, J-loco and 1 other person like this.
  14. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Pooh-Bah (1,945) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Pooh-Bah

What’s razzling? Is that like butt-chugging?

I can’t keep up with millennial language

UnknownKoger likes this.
  15. Earlycsquid

Lot of white knighting all up in here tryin to sweet talk a can of dat hazy god-tier hop mana from the clutches of hophead89.

Razzles are raffles. but since the word raffle is a flag on social media that gets blocked/removed quickly, they had to come up with some other silly name. slots are purchased and beer is prized away.

AyeDogg likes this.
  16. OTB

OTB Pooh-Bah (1,779) Sep 2, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Funny, Monkish just dropped another TIPA today LOL.........oh growler only.

Cheers,

HopHead89 and R1c0rtez like this.
  17. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Zealot (602) Apr 27, 2017 California
    Trader

Razzle = beer raffle. There are hidden Facebook groups where you can raffle, or participate in a raffle, for beers. For example, someone posts in the group:

"4pk Monkish/Trillium collab $100, 10 spots", or something like that.

Then people send that guy money, until those 10 spots are filled up. The raffler wants $100, so that means each spot would be worth $10 at 10 spots. Once those spots are filled up, the raffler uses a random generator to pick a winner from those 10 spots. The person who wins gets that 4 pack for $10, and the other 9 guys lose out.

I think that's the gist, but I've only seen screen caps of posts from friends who are in these groups. They're not easy groups to get into, because they know what they're doing is illegal as fuck. It is complete and utter cancer, and I wish that all razzlers would get reported to the respective brewery of the beer they're selling and be banned for life.

tokimedo, jrnyc, Flodiesel and 3 others like this.
  18. OTB

Pooh-Bah Society

Fuck all this secondary market bullshit. I’ll just buy my beer and drink it, what a novel concept.

Cheers,

sethsticles, jrnyc, homer281 and 4 others like this.
  19. OTB

Pooh-Bah Society

Then Henry will lose 50% of his business,

BreakingMyBalls likes this.
  20. sponger

sponger Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2011 California

I remember being a 21 year old dumbshit.

Earlycsquid and Black_Rider like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.