Monkish Brewing (Summer 2018)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by OTB, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OTB

OTB Devotee (402) Sep 2, 2011 California

Time for a new updated thread I think as we hit the summer months. Per usual check the website for the usual updates, can releases and the ongoing expansion construction. No whining about neckbeards however ! Let's keep it beer, if that's possible.

#1 OTB, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    HopHead89 likes this.
  2. OTB

[​IMG]

To kick things off. A brand new beer with a completely different hop bill combo, Citra, Simcoe and El Dorado. Great stuff.

Cheers,

3. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (507) Jul 9, 2010 California

Got another growler fill of Numbers yesterday. Eric was telling me it's their fastest selling pilsner by far. In fact, they may have a pilsner lack for a few weeks

4. OTB

One of my faves for sure, I have gone through a few growlers of this so far.

Cheers,

5. BreakingMyBalls

BreakingMyBalls Initiate (68) Apr 27, 2017 California

But that's half the fun.

6. OTB

I know its going to happen, it was actually a little tongue in cheek ........carry on..............

Cheers,

7. HopHead89

HopHead89 Initiate (132) Oct 20, 2016 California
    Trader

But u guys are hurting my feelings....:stuck_out_tongue:

8. OTB

Only if you let them grasshopper............:wink:

Cheers,

9. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (58) Aug 3, 2017 California
    Trader

Damn, Numbers is still on!? ....I haven't had more growlers apart from the first two on release. Maybe it's time to grab more for the weekend.

10. UnknownKoger

So are we not talking about the canned collab release with Sante?

11. OTB

It’s on, go get some and tell us how it was, they brewed enough for 560 allotments, should last until 6. I’m stuck at my office.

Cheers

#11 OTB, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  12. UnknownKoger

Got some. It's pretty good and easy to drink. A lot of people left after getting their allotment so the taproom wasn't too crazy

13. OTB

Nothing earth shattering ?

Cheers,

R1c0rtez likes this.
  14. UnknownKoger

Nope. But that doesn't mean it isn't a worthy beer. It's quite good

15. OTB

I'm sure it is, two amazing brew teams. If I was anywhere near Monkish at the right time today I would have grabbed some too, but alas real life takes center stage.:rolling_eyes:

Cheers,

16. J-loco

J-loco Initiate (187) Jan 23, 2015 California

40 cases no line. But I’m home on my couch already.

17. OTB

On my way home soon. I do like this current trend of larger case counts and that most releases now have several cases left with no lines for those who can't do the daily lot lizard thing and if near Monkish later in the day may have a chance at getting cans.

Cheers,

18. OTB

Well goes to show I don't know what the F I'm talking about, still 20+ cases left AFTER 6PM !!!

Cheers,

19. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (83) Jan 26, 2016 California

185 cases usually means after 6 esp with a 2 pack limit... I always feel like sweet spot is either right at 4 because you can get your wristband and then get a couple pours inside then come back into line or a little after 5 cause the line has died down and the parking lot is open

R1c0rtez likes this.
  20. HopHead89

Trader

I'm seeing that Cans are lasting longer, maybe because the Limits have been 2pp for like the last 7 releases. I'm liking this because it gives others a chance to taste this liquid gold. got my 2 4pk yesterday. showed up around 5ish, took me about 30mins. loving their new system they got. in and out ez for the most part. Keep it up Henry!!!

21. OTB

Ghetto Style Proverbs can release today, they said only one can release this week those sneaky peeps.

Cheers,

UnknownKoger likes this.
  22. HopHead89

Trader

They deceived ME, now I gotta trade for it. :rage:

23. OTB

I'm sure you'll live, mix it up a bit and go have a Fog Father Pt.2 at BW, you can thank me later.

Cheers,

24. OTB

Monkish is throwing the perverbial Kershaw curve balls this week. Tossing out a second unannounced can release then offering the same beer the next day for growler fills, I ain’t complaining because I love GSPs and I can’t get to the can releases, I kinda like this new edgy stuff going on.

Cheers

nvbrew and HopHead89 like this.
  25. HopHead89

Trader

Hmm, that might hurt the trade value on my cans, but I guess thats great for the people that cant get the cans.

26. Izzy_Izumi

Izzy_Izumi Initiate (58) Aug 3, 2017 California
    Trader

If Trillium and Treehouse can keep values fairly high, I'm sure Monkish can, so long as the hype lives on.

HopHead89 and OTB like this.
  27. OTB

Let me preface by saying that I do not trade, I send beer to a select group of friends when the urge hits. Monkish has dropped several beers that are canned then released for tap and growler fills, has been that way for quite some time and I'm quite sure it hasn't effected it's desirability/value one bit. Don't know why you suddenly think your cans will be devaluated.

Cheers,

28. HopHead89

Trader

because Monkish first releases cans then maybe a month later or so they offer fills of that beer that they released in cans, so the cans still hold value because you can't get that beer until Henry decides to release it for fills at the brewery

29. J-loco

Dude do ever listen to yourself. It’s just beer. Enjoy it. Don’t stress.

30. OTB

That's not necessarily true grass hopper, the latest was Even More Props and Stunts which was released first on tap then for cans soon after, Monkish won't diminish in whatever trade value it holds until the market saturates which is not that far away.

Cheers,

Serna714, Rbarnes4381 and HopHead89 like this.
  31. OTB

We try :slight_smile: .......don't we ? One reason I gave up trading beers years ago was for this exact reason, and freight was killing me LOL

Cheers,

HopHead89 and J-loco like this.
  32. annakarina

annakarina Initiate (85) Jul 29, 2016 California

Stop treating beer like Pokemon cards. Lamest shit imaginable and bad for the craft beer community.

#32 annakarina, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Skunkdrool, Serna714, nvbrew and 10 others like this.
  33. OTB

I couldn't say it better. The saturation of world class beers that are easily accessible will be the death knell to this activity, I give it a year at best. I do think that if you took a look at the demographic's of heavy traders I would bet most are in their early to mid 20's who treat craft beer as I did with baseball cards when I was young, it's checking that card off the checklist, I honestly think for the most part it's not about the beer but the need for instant gratification/ affirmation that you drank said beer and can post a pic to prove it. Hey, it's not my jam and I abhor the insanity of it BUT......to each his own, AND.... as they say, this too shall pass. And all this from a confessed huge Monkish fan.

Cheers

nvbrew, jrnyc and annakarina like this.
  34. J-loco

Life is easy once you realize this.

35. OTB

And you can enjoy a beer for what it is..............A BEER ! Not a fucking trophy.

Cheers,

jrnyc, maltznhopz and J-loco like this.
  36. SDReaper

SDReaper Defender (615) Aug 15, 2013 California
    Trader

But...but...what about my untappd badges!?!?!? How will ppl know that I tick everything??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Atrox77 and jrnyc like this.
  37. J-loco

Badges? We don’t need no stinkin badges

UnknownKoger likes this.
  38. HopHead89

Trader

lol I love the comparison to pokemon cards, but you know what!? I use to love pokemon cards, so to think I could trade beer like pokemon cards makes it fun for me. I don't see how it's bad for the community. Can I ask you why you think that?

Wowcoolman likes this.
  39. HopHead89

Trader

your right it's just beer.

40. Chris818c

Chris818c Initiate (37) Mar 16, 2016 California

It’s bad that people recruit grandma, grandpa, parents, and the rest of the family in order to get huge hauls so they can resell the beer for $80/pack on line. This means less beer for the rest of us who have jobs and can’t sit in the parking lot waiting for the latest juice bombs. The trade/resell game is what has ruined it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.