Monkish Brewing

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Tgilly, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Rider

Black_Rider Zealot (568) Mar 26, 2013 California
    Trader

won't have time to wait for cans this weekend. will go the old fashioned route and drink some out of a glass

Tgilly likes this.
  2. BlazinHazen

BlazinHazen Initiate (70) Feb 12, 2014 California

Doubtful, although you may be able to get SOME, which was the case with the last release. I got there at 11:08 and wasn't able to get the full allocation so that should give you an idea. These releases are only going to get more and more popular...

3. DaltonCastle

DaltonCastle Initiate (97) Apr 24, 2016 California

So what should my play be here? I am thinking about getting to Monkish early enough to be somewhat in the front of the line so I can get cans as soon as they open and then haul ass to Beachwood to get System of a Stout? Will System of a Stout be sold out by then?

4. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

System goes on sale earlier than Monkish and given how the line was for Tovarish, I seriously doubt that anyone who gets Monkish cans will make it down in time to get in a place in line that will get them bottles. It's possible, I mean anything is possible. Just seems like this is one of those tough choices that you have to make. Either pick Betty or Veronica, you can't have them both, Archie.

ESCO138, jnance88, IQBlue and 2 others like this.
  5. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (199) Nov 18, 2011 California

I'm going to be attempting to score with Betty and Veronica. I'll let you guys know how it goes on Saturday.

6. DaltonCastle

DaltonCastle Initiate (97) Apr 24, 2016 California

I will attempt to do that as well. Does anyone know the limit PP or how many bottles of SOAS will be produced?

7. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (576) Jul 9, 2010 California

Limit on SoaS is 6 bottles. The correct answer on which to go to first is Beachwood, but by all means PLEASE go to Monkish first so the Beachwood line isn't ridiculous (...like the Monkish lines as of late)

jnance88 likes this.
  8. swanfungus

swanfungus Zealot (523) Dec 23, 2014 California
    Trader

Ah yes, the ol' Arc de Triomphe. Good luck, sir!

......Ahem.

I, on the other hand, will be like Jughead and go for neither. (stupid work)

UnknownKoger likes this.
  9. asong_net

asong_net Initiate (102) Jan 26, 2016 California
    Trader

also planning on doing SoaS and then swinging by Monkish after for a taste

10. Vanlingleipa

Vanlingleipa Devotee (458) May 19, 2011 California
    Trader

I don't get either. Freakin' plane doesn't land until 3.

11. mhksuccess

mhksuccess Zealot (562) Jul 7, 2012 California
    Trader

Is anyone in line yet ???

jnance88 and gregoryG like this.
  12. jnance88

jnance88 Initiate (136) Jun 10, 2014 California
    Trader

The planters are already littered with empty Fantastic Cafe bags and whalez bottles....

13. PeprSprYoFace

PeprSprYoFace Savant (938) Feb 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Does monkish police the line or can I bring a couple bottles to drink in line?

14. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (924) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

lol....I don't believe so...but...since day one of can release theres been several peeps in the front of the line that brought coolers full of bottles/cans. At your own risk. I wouldn't. But again...up to you.

15. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

Yeah I use to do it all the time at bottle releases but with internet bottle sales that kinda went away but now some breweries have started doin these bottle releases again. I know people hate them but I have fun kickin it with peeps in line and sharing bottles. As long as they dont police it like some started doing before the switch

16. iamthecarlos

iamthecarlos Initiate (153) Jan 2, 2015 California
    Trader

I mean... it's 9-11AM. I know some of us get started early... but damn.

17. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

A couple beers early in the monin never hurt nobody. Not like were gettin hammer time just sharing

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  18. Serna714

Serna714 Initiate (124) Dec 12, 2014 California
    Trader

What else would we do for 3+ hours while waiting for beer. I doubt anyone is getting belligerent. It is more of a social thing.

BeerBaron666 and PeprSprYoFace like this.
  19. taylordane

taylordane Initiate (137) Dec 28, 2015 California
    Trader

smh...

Plenty of things to do... read a book, drink some tea, take a nap, give grandma a call, file your nails, etc.

20. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (924) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

^ I believe this was already discussed here. If caught by Torrance police, Monkish could lose their license. Not trying to be a party pooper here. But that's the law.

GetMeAnIPA and Original_Fake like this.
  21. OTB

OTB Zealot (505) Sep 2, 2011 California

As Jimmy Fallon said. " Thank you craft beer for disguising my alcoholism as a hobby ! "

munche, Serna714, pro100 and 5 others like this.
  22. clayfu

clayfu Initiate (186) Apr 27, 2010 California

bro, you meet most of the craft beer world? They might only take a nap out of all the things you listed :stuck_out_tongue:

taylordane and J-loco like this.
  23. Saxmusik45

Saxmusik45 Initiate (199) Nov 18, 2011 California

Call my grandma? I'm bringing mine to wait in line with me and grab me some sweet IPA cans, bro.

24. iamthecarlos

iamthecarlos Initiate (153) Jan 2, 2015 California
    Trader

I brought a book & a chair last time I showed up. I'll be doing the same this Saturday. Say hi if you see a dude reading a Preacher graphic novel.

DCLAguy11, Erick_G and PeprSprYoFace like this.
  25. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (256) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

yes, this has been said multiple times -- DONT DRINK IN LINE.. its not worth it. seriously.

FrogOut69 likes this.
  26. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

While Drinking a fine craft beer of course

taylordane likes this.
  27. tokimedo

tokimedo Aspirant (256) Feb 28, 2015 California
    Trader

i hope they find you drinking and ban you. seriously, dont ruin it for the rest of us just cause youre too selfish to have some self control not to drink at 9 am.

munche, OTB, J-loco and 3 others like this.
  28. Black_Rider

Trader

have you been to any of the releases? the owners are not banning people from drinking in line

29. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

This is true, BUT, I would think that anyone who values the alcohol license of an establishment should consider not brown bagging it in their parking lot.

They do have a "No alcohol beyond this point" sign for a reason. While they may not want to be confrontational about it, it does put their day to day business at risk if the neighbors ever decide to complain to and/or get police to roll by. This has happened at plenty other lines at other establishments like Firestone with Liberations and Bottle Logic with Ground State.

Sometimes it's better to police yourself than to have to be told to do so. In this case, it does put the brewery at various risk that are not needed simply because you and your boys can't just plan a night at one of your houses to have a share.

30. clayfu

every day alive is a day for celebration :grinning:, i'm about ready to go celebrate Friday.

But yeah, don't drink in the parking lot. Monkish may not even be aware of the legal impact of it that's why they haven't shut it down.

31. IQBlue

IQBlue Initiate (133) Oct 2, 2014 California

Kinda ironic in the "Releases" page that they say not to leave trash in the parking lot but nothing about drinking while in line.

32. Black_Rider

Trader

i agree with all this. just think the notion of this guy getting banned kind of silly at this stage in the game

PeprSprYoFace likes this.
  33. Erick_G

Erick_G Initiate (130) Nov 18, 2013 California

You should check out Garth Ennis' run on Hellblazer when you're done with that. He took over from issue 41-83. It predates Preacher, but it's still good.

grilledsquid, munche and iamthecarlos like this.
  34. BeerBaron666

BeerBaron666 Aspirant (230) May 13, 2009 California
    Trader

cant drink all day if u dont start in the morning..

reefer_bob likes this.
  35. SovereignGood

SovereignGood Aspirant (246) Jan 11, 2016 California
    Trader

"DOUBLE CAN RELEASE TOMORROW! 1 IPA + 1 double IPA! Starting at 12pm at the tasting room only! ✨Spock It - 6.5% all Galaxy hops IPA (about 175 cases). #SpockIt is $16 per 4 pack limit three or four 4pk per person (depending on turnout). ✨Sticky Green & Bad Traffic - 8.4% Double IPA w/ Nelson, Mandarina Bavaria, Mosaic and Citra (about 75 cases). #StickyGreenBadTraffic is $18 4pk limit two 4pk pp.

FOOD TRUCK starting at 11am by @madpambazos! Note: Please do not leave trash in our parking lot"

36. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

No mention of not drinking. Just sayin. But im not going to any way. Only me and my roommate coming so no party in line for me

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  37. taylordane

Trader

Woah there Monkish. $18 is kinda pushing it...

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  38. clayfu

if a brewery can sell it, they'll keep pushing till it no longer sales. Look at Modern Time's pricing for BA monsters park. First release was $20, 2nd release was $24, this third release was $28.

BeerBaron666 likes this.
  39. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Devotee (491) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Yeah, I mean nobody lines up for Treehouse either because of pricing.

SDReaper likes this.
  40. taylordane

Trader

I dont blame them for taking advantage of the demand. But damn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.