Montmorency vs Balaton - Jester King

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by mr4thquarter, Jun 16, 2017.

1. mr4thquarter

mr4thquarter Initiate (122) May 29, 2017 Texas
    Beer Trader

How many of you are going out today for this release?

For those of you have gone for the passed releases, does this go quick or should it be available until tomorrow?

2. Chadzero

Chadzero Initiate (146) Dec 20, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

It'd bet there's still some on Sunday

mig100 likes this.
  3. Karibourgeois

Karibourgeois Poo-Bah (1,549) Jul 28, 2013 Texas
    Supporter Subscriber Beer Trader

Hope it survives to tmrw!

4. Mateo2699

Mateo2699 Defender (600) Jun 9, 2015 Texas
    Beer Trader

Agreed.

5. kevinv

kevinv Initiate (0) Nov 23, 2009 Texas

Should have no problem getting it anytime this weekend. Out here now because I couldn't make it any other time this weekend. I'd estimate ~100 people right now.

Karibourgeois and mig100 like this.
  6. icetrauma

icetrauma Devotee (477) Sep 7, 2004 Texas

Will the 80 case guy show again this year is the question.

BeerBosa13 and TX-Badger like this.
  7. icetrauma

Per JK, 1747 bottles remain at time of opening.

8. mig100

mig100 Crusader (789) Aug 3, 2014 Texas
    Beer Trader

80 cases of MvB or just in general? That's a lot of mules if MvB.

9. icetrauma

Their was an article written a year or 2 ago about some guy in a secret Facebook beer group who, got his paws on 80 cases of MvB.

10. mig100

Beer Trader

Lol wow nothing like buying $20,000 worth of beer in a weekend, if that's true.

11. icetrauma

It was 80 bottles, not cases, I screwed that up. Yeah, it is still crazy to get your hands on 80 bottles.

Penguin and mig100 like this.
  12. mr4thquarter

mr4thquarter Initiate (122) May 29, 2017 Texas
    Beer Trader

I still haven't been able to make it out there. Hopefully the beer gods will bless me and keep some handy until Monday.

13. mig100

Beer Trader

Don't think it will run out this weekend. Went out today and it was pretty chill. Plenty of bottles left.

The beer itself, even though no one cares... is incredible this year. More tart than I remember previous batches, cherry pie crust aroma with a zingy popping finish.

WolfBrewer likes this.
  14. WolfBrewer

WolfBrewer Initiate (121) Mar 23, 2015 Texas

Ahh yes, I remember the days of actually talking about beer. Excited to try it this year. Has always been one of my favs.

mig100 and Can_has_beer like this.
  15. NDogg44

NDogg44 Initiate (108) Oct 21, 2015 Texas
    Beer Trader

Jester King isn't open again until Friday.

16. Penguin

Penguin Initiate (35) Apr 9, 2015 Texas
    Beer Trader

Pretty sure that was Fen Tao batch 1, unless we're referring to another guy.

This guy was boasting about success on Sunday before bottles sold out. He spent Friday and Saturday seeking people in large groups (bachelorette party, if I remember correctly). He would hand them each a $20 bill and bought them all a beer, allegedly.

MvB was the kid from OK that had different "disguises" but also shared a picture from an entire group's haul that was staying at Tipping T. So technically he didn't hoard as many bottles as he claimed.

mig100 likes this.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.