Montreal Breweries

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jjhops, Jun 8, 2018.

1. jjhops

jjhops Initiate (116) Feb 28, 2018 Massachusetts

Heading to Montreal for the weekend, any must hit breweries? Preferably NEIPA/IPA

2. DrewLS

DrewLS Initiate (182) Oct 7, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Dieu de Ciel and Benelux are solid options and within walking distance of one another.

gelapi likes this.
  3. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (86) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Dieu de Ciel is my idea of a perfect pub. Really good small plates and such a great atmosphere

Finding a corner here on a winter night might be my favorite beer spot in the world

4. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (86) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Also Vices & Versa is another classic Montreal spot, good poutine and usually great live music

meefmoff likes this.
  5. huuvola

huuvola Aspirant (225) Oct 29, 2005 Massachusetts

Agree with Vices & Versa. Great beer and poutine. A few blocks away is Brasserie Harricana, with great beer and food. Website is in French, but a little googling will get you some English reviews.
    http://www.brasserieharricana.com/

6. jjhops

jjhops Initiate (116) Feb 28, 2018 Massachusetts

Thank you!

7. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (9,486) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I'll second Benelux, and it's also probably the closest to your hotel.

Vices & Versa is also a reasonable walk from Dieu Du Ciel with Reservoir in between just a few blocks to the south, and Helm even a bit further. With Harricana you've got a pub crawl right there.

Montreal is easy to get around in via public transportation so I'll also suggest Station Ho.st and L'Espace Public (furthest out but easy to get to on transit); and although they're not that great, Le Saint Bock and Le Cheval Blanc in the Quartier Latin. There's also a Les 3 Brasseurs on that strip if you're curious and want to check them out but I can't really recommend their beer.

Another place that I enjoy but isn't the greatest is the Brasseur de Montreal to the south, or even further Les Soeurs Grises (any place with a beer called "I'm Batman" deserves some mention).

Santé!

#7 NeroFiddled, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    bostonwolf likes this.