Quebec Montreal, Quebec

Discussion in 'Canada' started by jelio, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jelio

jelio Jul 1, 2013 Quebec (Canada)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what stores in Montreal sell the widest range of American produced craft beers?

Thanks!

2. oldp0rt

oldp0rt Feb 24, 2011 Quebec (Canada)

Short answer. None.

The only place you can find american beer is at the SAQ and there's close to nothing. (Under 5 different shitty bottles)

Set yourself a nice little road trip to VT and go enjoy some fresh stuff right where it's brewed.

3. jelio

jelio Jul 1, 2013 Quebec (Canada)

Ugh that sucks

Thanks for the answer though, i might just have to drive down to VT sometime ... im in burlington and platsburg from time to time, hopefully they have shops with good selection there.

bummer that montreal doesnt have options for American craft beer, after all we are so close to the border

4. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

If you go to Burlington, Winooski Beverage is an awesome bottle shop that is about 5 mins from downtown Burlington.

papat444 likes this.
  5. LarryAppleton

LarryAppleton Dec 1, 2012 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Plattsburgh has some decent options. They even sell Founders at Price Chopper. Just know your legal limits for crossing the border

6. FEUO

FEUO Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Are there any bottle shops in VT just across the border, or does one need to venture deep into the heart of the state to see civilization/beer shop?

7. Seany

Seany Sep 27, 2005 Quebec (Canada)

I would highly recomend venturing about an hour into VT to Winooski Bev for any good selection.

8. papat444

papat444 Dec 28, 2006 Quebec (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Might be going there this weekend :D

9. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

There are no bottle shops that I know of close to the border, but there is a growler shop close to the border called Hill Farmstead that is pretty awesome :)

LarryAppleton likes this.
  10. papat444

Beer Trader

Close-ish maybe? About an hour away from Stanstead. Would be less if it were a straight line :D

11. FEUO

FEUO Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Nice. New gig at work will have me visiting Montreal quite often (every other month or so).
    Will have to make a run after doing work stuff.

12. FondueVoodoo

FondueVoodoo Feb 12, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Nice! I'm envious.

13. Seany

Lucky you. That sure beats the hell out of re doing your roof as I will be doing...

14. papat444

Beer Trader

Eh, not working out finally :(

I did grab the new Charlevoix DIPA so that compensates some :)

15. Seany

Thats the single hop? Which hop this time?

16. papat444

Beer Trader

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe