Most Underrated Brewery...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by CapCollector16, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BravoDawg_WS

BravoDawg_WS Initiate (147) Jun 6, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

2. RoguePT

RoguePT Initiate (90) Jan 12, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Short's Brewing Bellaire, Michigan. They only distribute in Michigan and they have a huge beer variety and make so many different beers no one would dream of. shortsbrewing.com

BeyondDescription likes this.
  3. NoleBeerNoleFun

NoleBeerNoleFun Disciple (320) Aug 17, 2015 Florida
    Society Trader

7th Sun and Rapp here in Florida....both are doing far more interesting things than CCB is these days

4. chipawayboy

chipawayboy Devotee (436) Oct 26, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Curious why you think that are the "forgotten" VT Brewer then? I typically pass up their beers when visiting - and they don't seem to have a tap presence at the big 1/2 dozen beer bars in Waterbury and Burlington and Montpelier. I did have a black IPA from them a couple of years ago that I thought was excellent.

5. Marklaker

Marklaker Zealot (562) Jun 5, 2014 Florida

Oskar Blues. They're so much more than Ten Fidy and DBC. G'Night, Old Chub, and OB are all excellent offerings.

beermeplz and BravoDawg_WS like this.
  6. WellRested518

WellRested518 Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2014 New York

We were getting a few staples at one point like Dark Truth, The Calling, & Tank 7, but I guess our distribution company dropped you guys. It wasn't a long run... I feel like it was just a few months to be honest.

P.s. Saison Brett & Rye on Rye are delicious.

7. WellRested518

I'm pretty sure that the author of American Sour Beers heads that division of MT.

8. TriggerFingers

TriggerFingers Disciple (343) Apr 29, 2012 California

Berryessa out of Winters. Yeah...that's whats up.

9. TriggerFingers

TriggerFingers Disciple (343) Apr 29, 2012 California

Tonsmierre did initial recipes and consulting. MT is making some amazing beers.

WellRested518 likes this.
  10. WellRested518

Strange. I feel like I can't escape Rock Art when I'm in VT. They make some solid beer, for sure.

11. Brandonhelvie

Brandonhelvie Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2015 New York

Singlecut...amazed everytime.

12. JeremyDanner

JeremyDanner Initiate (138) Dec 20, 2005 Missouri
    Industry

We recently hired a sales rep for upstate NY so our beers should be reappearing soon.

13. ebin6

ebin6 Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2009 California

I'll contain my response to something around me and say Monkish. They're quietly making a fantastic array of beers and have surpassed the likes of The Bruery when it comes to saisons. I don't hear much about them locally or on BA boards. They're one to look out for.

14. CHickman

CHickman Poo-Bah (3,075) Jan 7, 2009 New York

I beg to differ here; SingleCut is very good, but Other Half is great and really makes some outstanding IPA's.

15. peepmachine

peepmachine Initiate (119) Jan 14, 2015 Vermont
    Trader

Well to be honest, I wish Rock Art did have more taps around for the out of state folks could enjoy them at the hot spots. But the reason I put them was because this post is about under rated beer not least widely distributed. All in all they make some great beers and they have been around for a long time and will be for long time to come.

16. The_Snow_Bird

The_Snow_Bird Poo-Bah (1,533) May 7, 2015 Florida

Angry Chair from Tampa is on the rise.

17. Puttenham

Puttenham Initiate (105) Jul 30, 2008 Massachusetts

Double Bag is a wonderful beer and underrated.

#257 Puttenham, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  18. Puttenham

Puttenham Initiate (105) Jul 30, 2008 Massachusetts

Berkshire Brewing out of Deerfield, MA. Consistently fantastic year after year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.