Murrays Anniversary Ale #7 & other Murrays

Discussion in 'Australia' started by MrKennedy, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrKennedy

MrKennedy Pooh-Bah (1,814) Dec 29, 2006 Australia
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just wondering if anybody has opened a bottle of this yet? If so, thoughts?

@Shawn23, any news on #8? Still Belgian style?

Also, does Best Extra Porter still get brewed? Has anyone seen this around lately?

2. heygeebee

heygeebee Pooh-Bah (2,101) Aug 6, 2010 Australia
    Pooh-Bah Society

seems the cryogenic state of the forums is getting worse. ah well, my 2c...

I can only answer on the Best Extra Porter... not on tap at Rubber Duckie as I recall, and have not seen it hanging around any shelves in months, even in those bottleshops that don't turn over bottles as quickly as some like Beer Ca [edit]
    Remember iit fondly... hope that bottling line gets going again with some more one-offs, as well.

MrKennedy likes this.
  3. MrKennedy

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks, the last I remember is a couple of years ago on the porter.

4. Shawn23

Shawn23 Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2007 Australia

G'day Mr Kennedy,

The AA7 was drinking well when I tried a bottle 3 weeks ago. If you are asking my opinion on cellaring I'd say hold onto it for a few years yet if you can store in good conditions. We really put a lot into setting this particular beer up for long term cellaring based on the 7 years previous and I think it will only get better. That said it is drinking well now.

As for AA8, we are looking at furthering the Belgian theme of recent releases within the tradition of the AA series. We'll have more to say on release but it is shaping up well.

The Best Extra Porter was a fave of mine in its first couple of year's releases. We have done a series of Imperial Stout variations the last few winters rather than the BEP but may look to go back to it in future as a one off release. Our new brewery arrives starting next week which means we will have more beer/capacity to go round shortly so we will be able to bottle more small release specials into the New Year. We have custom specced the brewery at significant expense with a view to both increasing overall capacity but still leaving us the flexibility to do small run 'specials' which is a big part of what we do. It is not all about volume in our expansion.

Hope that answers a few questions for you.

Shawn

5. MrKennedy

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Thanks Shawn!

I think the BB on the BEP was 2013 (that I opened the other night & really enjoyed), so I assumed 2011.

Pretty sure I only have the 1 x AA7, so thanks for the info.

Great news on the brewery, hope the commissioning goes well!

6. MrKennedy

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

With the carbonation problems on AA7, Murray's are now letting people swap the AA7 for AA8/or presumably AA9 at the brewery.

Happy to do the swapover if anyone wants/needs

ubiq3000 and danieelol like this.
  7. danieelol

danieelol Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2010 Australia

Kudos to Murray's for doing this

ubiq3000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.