Nashville this week

Discussion in 'South' started by ubenumber2, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubenumber2

ubenumber2 Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2012 Arkansas

Ok folks I'll be in Nashville for a family trip and I might get to make one stop for some brew , who has the best tap list this week? Ill be in town Wednesday and Thursday

2. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (827) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I lived in Nashville las year and my answer unfortunately is nowhere... Nashville's beer scene is pretty subpar compared with the rest of the country...

3. ColonelCash

ColonelCash Initiate (0) Jul 6, 2011 Tennessee

Not everyone lives in Colorado, so here goes a couple suggestions:

• Yazoo taproom is open Wednesday and Thursday from 4-8pm.
    • Yazoo, Tennessee Brew Works and Jackalope are pretty close to each other. TN Brew Works is newest of all 3, but has good beer on tap. These are all near 8th and Division. Jackalope has weird hours.
    • Flying Saucer has a decent selection of taps, plus its a cool place. Behind Union Station hotel, off Broadway.
    • ML Rose West for 2-for-1's on Wednesday.
    • Thursday is 2-for-1 at 3 Crow in East Nashville.
    • Drop by Midtown Wine & Spirits if you want a good selection of beer to take home.

John1985 and beerfoodlodging like this.
  4. Volntitan

Volntitan Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 Tennessee

Also 12 South Taproom and Brewhouse Midtown as well. As far as Nashville being "subpar", it's time to get over that. For a visitor from out of town, especially out of the south, there is plenty of beer here for them to get excited about. Yazoo, Blackstone, Black Abbey, TN Brewworks, Cool Springs Brewery, Turtle Anarchy, etc. Like Cash said above, not everyone lives in Colorado...but I know in Colorado they can't get any of the above beers. A beer like Sue to us might not be "exciting", but take it out of state and see. I've been amazed what I've traded it for when I go to Michigan

beerfoodlodging likes this.
  5. jbrana

jbrana Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2012 Tennessee

1. This isn't a helpful post and doesn't help the OP.

2. Most states' beer scene pales in comparison to Colorado's. That is why we trade and travel, so what?

3. The scene in Nashville (And Tennessee as a whole) has changed drastically in the last year. Do a Google search.

OP, @Volntitan and @ColonelCash made some good recommendations. The only additional place I'd suggest is Craft Brewed, as it's a bar and a bottle shop under one roof. Their website is: http://craftbrewednashville.com/

Kramerbarthomer likes this.
  6. ubenumber2

Is Terrapin on tap at many places in Nashville?

7. Mark_Russell_CT

Mark_Russell_CT Initiate (0) Mar 25, 2014 Connecticut

I am travelling from CT in June to Nashville and appreciate the useful feedback and look forward to trying out what is offered locally in Nashville. Thanks to the replies with suggestions!

8. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (827) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I agree completely and apologize for the worthless post. I do hope that the TN beer scene has improved recently and please help the op out if you can. I'm just rehashing memories from last year of having to walk in one door to get some Ommegang Three Philosophers , pay, walk out , and then walk in another door to get a six pack of Sierra Nevada stout , and pay again at Midtown wine & spirits. Crazy TN laws.

But in all seriousness, I do apologize for that previous worthless post and if anyone needs advice on the beer scene when they're headed to Denver next time or want to crack open a bottle from my cellar with me , send me a BM. Sorry again Op. Good luck!

Mark_Russell_CT likes this.
  9. beerfoodlodging

beerfoodlodging Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2013 Tennessee

Yes, you should find it on tap at most of the places mentioned previously (3 Crow, 12South Taproom, Craft Brewed, Broadway Brewhouse, Flying Saucer, etc.).

10. ubenumber2

Thanks guys , looks like I'm going to hit up Craft Brewed and 12 South Taproom

11. Volntitan

Volntitan Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 Tennessee

Those are your best choices, imo. Craft Brewed is great place.

Also having the seperation btwn low grav and high grav will be ending soon.

Tilley4 likes this.
  12. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,289) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

A long time coming too....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.