Nashville

Discussion in 'South' started by baybum, Jan 17, 2018.

1. baybum

baybum Defender (626) Feb 10, 2011 Pennsylvania

Beer:

Club/Bars/Music:

To Do: - Dinner Spots

Lunch/Dinner/Brunch:

Late Night:

• Hot Chicken – Hattie B’s(west), Prince's(North)
    • Paradise Park
    Breakfast spots:

• 417 Union, Puckett's, Sun Diner, Kitchen Notes, Pancake Pantry, Biscuit Love, Frothy Monkey, Big Al's Deli,
    Desserts Spots:

• Savannah's Candy Kitchen, Jeni's IC, Mike's IC, Five Daughters, GooGoo Shop, Gigi's,

2. baybum

So this is some of the info I have gathered for a Nashville trip but would like some local or frequent visitor input. Especially - Bars & Food spots

Cheers!

3. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Devotee (441) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Premium Trader

I personally find Bakersfield disappointing. The food is good, the place is cool, but you are always left wanting more and you pay an arm and a leg. Killer margaritas though.

For gourmet American-ized, but delicious, tacos, I'd recommend Pancho and Lefty's.Still expensive but better.

Also, there is a Hattie B's on 8th Ave S that is really close to downtown and still somewhat of a secret. Craft Brewed (good beer bar/store) is right down the street from there too.

4. WPZY

WPZY Initiate (83) Jan 17, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

List of additions, mostly by group:

Breweries
    - New Heights

Bars
    - 12S Taproom
    - Von El Rods (also could be for lunch/brunch)
    - Craft Brewed

Dinner
    - City House
    - Kuchnia and Keller (new, great beer list)
    - Josephine's

Lunch/Brunch
    - Butchertown Hall
    - 5 Point Pizza
    - Little Mosko's (breakfast/lunch M-F only)
    - Cafe Roze (right by Southern Grist)
    - Pinewood Social

Late Night
    - 5 Points Pizza
    - Dino's
    - Hermitage Cafe

Breakfast
    - Marche

Would also add Husk to the lunch group, great burger and fried chicken only available then, and more affordable.

Buck89, imyourhero21 and baybum like this.
  5. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (9,925) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania

I personally really like ACME Feed & Seed right at the end of the strip. Pharmacy Burger is nice as well, but a little far. And you don't want to miss Prince's Hot Chicken Shack, do you? Although you have to travel there and your palate will be wrecked for beer for about a half a day! - and that's if you don't try the "HOT", that'll take at least a day to clear up. :joy:

baybum likes this.
  6. Jimmy_Kneecaps

Jimmy_Kneecaps Initiate (47) Sep 19, 2017 Tennessee
    Trader

I second 12 south taproom and craft brewed. Husk is great for brunch and much less crowded if you get there early. second 5 points pizza as well.

7. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Devotee (476) Oct 9, 2011 California
    Trader

This would be the #localprotip

8. Quilentro

Quilentro Initiate (182) May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Thanks for all the suggestions! I’ll be headed to Nashville for the weekend (3/23-25), and am planning to swing by Bearded Iris and Southern Grist (nations) - we’re staying in between the two.

Any particular beers I should be on the lookout for? Local BA stouts or sours that may still be on the shelves? Fun trade targets I should learn about? Cheers!

9. vol4life88

vol4life88 Initiate (118) Jan 6, 2013 Tennessee

Embrace the Funk at Yazoo Brewing for sours all day... nobody is even touching them in the state IMO.

Quilentro likes this.
  10. baybum

The Nelson Greenbrier tour was awesome and corsair had a nice ba stout on tap next door. Bearded Iris was amazing if you like ipas. Also Stillery for food and drinks.

Quilentro likes this.