Nautical Themed Brewery.

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by gatocitiguo, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatocitiguo

gatocitiguo Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2016 Colombia

Hi everyone, i've been looking for a brewery that have a nautical and sailor themed brand with a blue and dark blue background animated website. They have a very interesting recipes and i dont remember its name. Thanks

2. zid

zid Meyvn (1,239) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Trader

I'm probably wrong based on your colors, but maybe Heavy Seas?

Urk1127 likes this.
  3. moonbrews

moonbrews Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2010 Virginia

Maybe saw something from Brothers?

4. dutesanch

dutesanch Initiate (0) Apr 22, 2014 California

Ballast point

ONovoMexicano likes this.
  5. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,890) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

gatocitiguo and TongoRad like this.
  6. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

Got an example of what you are referring to as a 'very interesting recipes'?

Shipyard, Seadog, Cisco?

gatocitiguo likes this.
  7. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,852) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Cape Ann's Fisherman's Brews?

gatocitiguo likes this.
  8. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Savant (932) Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

9. MistaRyte

MistaRyte Zealot (566) Jan 14, 2008 Virginia
    Trader

Lots of nautical themed breweries surround me here in Norfolk... none like what you described, however. Their distribution wouldn't make it out there anyway.

gatocitiguo likes this.
  10. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,977) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

Well, perhaps OP will be back to give some more info and clues. The ones he supplied so far are completely inadequate.

11. gatocitiguo

Your are right, i am in Colombia, but i love american breweries, and that one i am looking i found it excelent. Thanks for your reply

12. gatocitiguo

I remember a lot the website, for its design. You enter the site and when you scroll down, in the background you see a ship and barrels, and its animated, its like you are diving to deeps of the ocean. Thats what most catch my attention. But my memory its really bad and i want to find this brewery again

13. gopens44

gopens44 Poo-Bah (2,349) Aug 9, 2010 Virginia
    Society Trader

Depending on how long ago you visited the website, it could have underwent an overhaul by now, as the site you describe seems a little dated (animation v. interactive elements or crisp graphics) if that's the case you may never find it based on website description alone. Where did you have these beers and how long ago was it? Distribution footprint can act as a pretty good investigation tool as well, if for no other reason than to narrow the list of potential breweries.

Aside from that, I agree with other posters that Clipper City (AKA, Heavy Seas) could very well be your brewery. The "scroll down, background ship and barrels" sounds a LOT like what they used to feature on their website in the past.

So ya, recap us on when, where and what type of beers you had - someone on here is bound to have some insight for you.

14. Ranbot

Ranbot Defender (644) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania

Yeah, these days most websites are optimized/simplified for mobile viewing. The fancy website animations that were all the rage ~10 years ago often don't work well on smart phones, so they are mostly gone now (for better or worse).

Even Magic Hat's website is really tame now considering that it used to be like navigating through Willy Wonka's drunken hallucinations.

cavedave, TongoRad and gopens44 like this.
  15. WCKDVBZ

WCKDVBZ Meyvn (1,083) May 9, 2014 South Carolina

Ballast Point
    COAST

16. i_run_far

i_run_far Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2016 District of Columbia
    Deactivated

'very interesting recipes' sounds like Ballast Point but the animated ships and barrells sounds like it might be Heavy Seas.

17. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,977) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

OP needs to check out all the guesses so far and tell us if they are all incorrect.

Gemini6 likes this.
  18. gatocitiguo

I am very grateful with everyone, i found it thanks ranbot, its magic hat

cavedave, Ranbot and TongoRad like this.
  19. zid

zid Meyvn (1,239) Feb 15, 2010 New York
    Trader

Wow - who would have guessed it? It's amazing that @Ranbot supplied the answer without actually submitting it as a possible answer. What are the odds? :slight_smile:

sharpski, cavedave, drtth and 2 others like this.
  20. Ranbot

Ranbot Defender (644) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania

Haha! No kidding! I am as shocked as anyone else. :grimacing::astonished::slight_smile:

cavedave and zid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.