nba playoffs bif

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Crawfordesquire, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crawfordesquire

Crawfordesquire Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2011 North Carolina

The fakers (lakers) have zero bench scoring. Even against okc, who can bring in harden and fisher, they cant match that. And san antonio can bring in captain jack, ganobli, and neal.

2. kevanb

kevanb Poo-Bah (1,826) Apr 4, 2011 Illinois

I have the pacers! And yes, I don't plan on shipping that soon :wink:

3. Crawfordesquire

Hehe yea, gunna be a nice 2nd round series. You are gunna need hibbert to take over.

4. Shagtastic

Shagtastic Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2011 Indiana

I have Miami but I live in Indy.

5. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Aspirant (251) Feb 28, 2012 Colorado

I'm enjoying the new Linkin Park track, but TNT is going to kill it for me.

6. beckard13

beckard13 Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2011 North Carolina

Well another brutal 4th quarter for the Grizz

7. kevanb

Man, if only someone took Philly...

8. Crawfordesquire

Philly and boston will be an interesting series.
    San antonio will be lucky if they get the clippers rather than memphis, much better matchup for them.

9. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

So let me get this straight, if Philly wins, I send less beer out than if the Bulls were to win this round and lose next round?

I'm suddenly down with that :grinning:

Of course, I would have preferred Rose and Noah not get hurt and the Bulls parade their way to a championship, but if you're going to lose, might as well lose fast...

10. Crawfordesquire

Mark you correct.
    Kudos to okc, san antonio, and soon to bos, philly, miami, lakers, clippers, and indy for moving on :-)

11. FishPondManager

Im going to have to get Chris Pauls address and send him a beer. He is carrying the Clips.

12. beckard13

The Grizz have been folding like cheap lawn chairs... I hope you enjoy some North Carolina beer

13. Auror

Auror Zealot (585) Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts

This is obviously biased in my favor, but if you lose to a team without an owner, i think a better system would be sending beer to the owner of the team that beats the team that beat you. Just my $.02.

14. sliverX

sliverX Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2007 S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

Whoo hoo I get to send some beer!!!

15. MarkIntihar

Not sure whether to be happy or sad about the Bulls' win last night... I think happy. For now.

16. MarkIntihar

In case anyone was wondering, this was easily the strangest playoff series I've ever seen. Oh well. At least I owe less beer now :grinning:

17. kevanb

I like the sound of that! Are we sending during the playoffs or waiting for it all to be done?

18. Shagtastic

You better be ready to send some to me!

19. sliverX

sliverX Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2007 S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

Conversate me an address and I'll kick this sucker off.

20. kevanb

Looking forward to a great series!

21. Auror

Auror Zealot (585) Jan 1, 2010 Massachusetts

This BIF did not line up nicely for the Celtics.

22. beckard13

Looking like the 2nd half of this Grizz/Clips game is going to be entertaining. Hoping for a Game 7!

23. beckard13

Woohoo! Still alive. Great series

24. kevanb

Today should be a fantastic afternoon, lots of intrigue!

25. FishPondManager

Holy cow, this game is a street fight. Which it should be. I like when the refs pretty much swallow the whistle in game 7. Wish my Nuggets had received the same treatment.

26. kevanb

Feeling good about the Pacers' ability to compete with Miami after today, should be a good series Shag!

27. Shagtastic

Like I said the pacers could be scary.. Losing Bosh does not help me

28. MarkIntihar

I wonder if there has ever been a more injury filled playoffs than this year. This shit is ridiculous. I would say right now OKC is the runaway favorite, but I know if I said that, Durant will break his collarbone or something. Unreal.

29. kevanb

Should be a great series my friend!

30. Shagtastic

Man that was a great game last night

31. MarkIntihar

Minus the officiating (on both sides). Sooooooo many blatantly missed calls, and phantom fouls.

32. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

So if you have 10 missed calls and 10 phantom fouls doesnt it balance? I only caught the last minute of the game (aka the best part) so I missed most of the fouls youre talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

33. MarkIntihar

Sure, it balances, but it doesn't change the fact that it's terrible officiating. Call fouls that are fouls, and don't call fouls that didn't happen. Seems so simple, doesn't it? :wink:

Also, Wade is lucky he didn't get tossed for bull rushing Collison (was it him or George Hill? can't remember). And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

34. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

That's how I feel about Free Throws! Blake gives me a friggin heart attack every time he steps to the line

35. Shagtastic

The issue is that Lebron has played about 83 minutes and has had 1 foul. No one is that clean. My team for the BIF is the heat but I'll root for the Pacers because they're my hometown team. Would love to send some beer out with this loss.

36. kevanb

words I like to hear!

37. MarkIntihar

Part of me can't believe the Bulls lost to the Sixers. The other part of me is glad I don't have to watch them lose to the Celtics.

38. Crawfordesquire

You are forgetting about my spurs. They haven't lost a game in the last month. Deeper than okc, plus leonard will be guard durant adequately. Spurs role players (splitter, diaw, captain jack, neal, green) as a starting five could beat the celtics, clippers, or philly.

39. MarkIntihar

I just don't think San Antonio has the legs to keep up with OKC's up and down style. Would definitely be a great series though.

40. Crawfordesquire

Two problems exist for okc- 1)turnovers. They turnover the ball more than any other team in the league, worse than the bobcats. This will catch up with them.
    2) style pf play/matchups- san antonio plays identical to okc, only better. They were 2&3 in the league in scoring. Neither relies on inside scoring, but rather 3's and midrange shots from the pick and roll. The only playoff team who could have beat the spurs was memphis because the spurs are soft inside. Okc (and miami without bosh) does not get any offense from 8 feet in.

Either way, okc and san antonio is the true nba finals (if miami does not get bosh back)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.