NEBCO growlers

Discussion in 'New England' started by twizzard, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twizzard

twizzard Pooh-Bah (2,080) May 11, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Heading to NEBCO Friday. Is there anywhere online to find out what's on tap?

2. Ultra-Plinian

Ultra-Plinian Pundit (865) Mar 1, 2013 Connecticut

Facebook is one place, but they rarely update it. Twitter is the best, but they aren't always great with that either.

3. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Pundit (952) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

Can always call and usually you get an answer. FB and Twitter not yet with information for this week.

4. pjs234

pjs234 Maven (1,453) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

Facebook was just updated. Sea Hag, 668 and supernaut.

sandman3479 likes this.
  5. pjs234

In addition to twitter and FB, you can also look at check-ins on untappd

6. twizzard

twizzard Pooh-Bah (2,080) May 11, 2013 New York
    Pooh-Bah Trader

Any news as to if/when they'll be pouring FBD anytime soon?

7. sandman3479

sandman3479 Initiate (0) Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut

no.

woosterbill, DonSaleen747 and CTJman like this.
  8. threephase

threephase Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Connecticut

I have a feeling they will do something similar to the last batch of FBD; a couple unannounced kegs for growler fills and the rest hitting local bars. Hopefully the 'naut lasts. It's better than FBD IMHO.

woosterbill likes this.
  9. Stum-pub

Stum-pub Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2013 Connecticut

usually you'll never get an answer

10. Shyla987

Shyla987 Zealot (575) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

Just now on FB:

EMERGENCY POST!!
    We have to pull the Supernaut off-line. The kegs were put in the cooler but not soon enough. They are all pouring foam. So, instead of wasting a metric butt-load of beer (or you getting a growler of froth), it'll be on tomorrow (Thursday).
    Also, some tasting room changes that'll be announced soon.
    Thanks for understanding, y'all.

11. DrunkyBuddha

DrunkyBuddha Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Connecticut

Just came from there
    Yes, no Supernaught. As for changes. Growlers are now $5
    (4) 3oz samples per customer limit.. And growler fills went up a couple bucks

12. blckout20

blckout20 Initiate (0) May 24, 2012 Connecticut

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown:

13. Shyla987

Shyla987 Zealot (575) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

None of that bothers me. Limiting free samples is great. Growler fills increase, fine. They were among the lowest priced in CT.

If they make a bit more money and that money leads to more beer, great. Maybe they can hire more staff to help out.

14. pbrian

pbrian Pooh-Bah (2,056) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yeah, 4 3 oz samples is still generous. The "rule" probably occurred because the insurance co is coming down on them. And it's a wise risk management move by NEBCO. Just a hunch, but "shares" are probably going by the wayside as well for the same reason. You're either a production facility that serves limited samples only, or a full-on taproom that sells pints of beer. The insurance for the two is vastly different, and you can't be in the middle.

jimmy82063 likes this.
  15. Drufus

Drufus Initiate (0) Apr 23, 2007 Connecticut

No complaints with the limiting of samples as long as they are still free. I hate when I go to a brewery with the intention of filling up a growler and I have to get charged to figure out what I want. Usually I am not trying to catch a buzz but trying to decide what to spend $10-$15 on to bring home!

16. Stum-pub

Stum-pub Initiate (0) Sep 2, 2013 Connecticut

i dont like all these new rules though :slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown::slight_frown:

naloxone likes this.
  17. threephase

threephase Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Connecticut

Anyone with me in liking these new rules? I don't think I have ever had more than 3 vessels filled in the countless number of times I've been to NEBCO in the past 3 years. Anything to keep the line moving...

18. pjs234

When the lines are long, I think the 3 growler limit is a good idea. Hopefully, if there are no lines on a particular day, that rule will be relaxed. Either way, none of the new rules or price increases are all that bothersome.

sandman3479 likes this.
  19. lic217

lic217 Pooh-Bah (2,066) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I never have that many samples and rarely get more then three bottles. The price increase bothers me a little, but I am a cheap ass.

How much did the growlers go up by?

TheGator321 likes this.
  20. CTJman

CTJman Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

dudes gotta make some money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.