Dismiss Notice
Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Join us December 9th in Los Angeles for the ultimate throwdown of craft beer creativity!

Learn more...
Dismiss Notice
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Need Help in Hemet

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by weazoe, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weazoe

weazoe Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2015

I'm going to be in the Hemet (Sun City, Menifee) California area for a few months and a more wretched hive of scum and villainy never existed. I can't find a brewery or brew pub to save my life. There has to be a decent place around here to get a beer.
    Help save my life and restore my faith in humanity; point me in the direction of malty oasis in this desert of mediocre brews!!!

TIA,
    Weazoe

StoutSnob40 likes this.
  2. dcgunman

dcgunman Defender (661) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

A virgin in Hemet! :grimacing: Nice. :grinning:

3. MiScusi

MiScusi Savant (994) Feb 12, 2005 California
    Beer Trader

I will point this thread in the right direction- How far are you willing to travel?

4. MiScusi

MiScusi Savant (994) Feb 12, 2005 California
    Beer Trader

Within Hemet or the adjacent cities I'm sure you can find a place with a couple decent beers using yelp or google, but I'm sure you tried that. Otherwise I think you have to travel 30'ish miles up to Redlands or down to Temecula to find halfway decent beers.

5. Atreyufan31

Atreyufan31 Initiate (157) Jul 28, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Menifee?? Head up to Murrieta and go to refuge, black market and garage

6. pixiesfanyo

pixiesfanyo Initiate (134) Oct 25, 2010 California

Mega Liquor on State has a bunch of outdated beers.

I think the best bet is to go to Temecula or Redlands. Even Riverside. Idyllwild has a wine shop with a good tap list.

7. skunkpuddle

skunkpuddle Aspirant (259) Feb 14, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

My condolences.

smithj2154 and bungletrpg like this.
  8. joyceleong___

joyceleong___ Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

there's lots of breweries/bars in temecula, if you're willing to make the drive. Sorrel usually has good stuff on tap, I go for happy hour, 3-6pm weekdays. 5.50$ for a pour. I frequent black market and refuge a lot. there's also ironfire, wiens and karl strauss in the same vicinity. thursday is cask night at karl strauss and it's usually something different and tasty. i hope this helps!

9. bluesquids

bluesquids Initiate (0) May 28, 2014 California

Geez....I was just driving thru Menifee last weekend when i saw this huge sign from the highway that said ..."BEER HUNTER"....... It sounded promising ...so I looked it up when i got home.......the place has a huge bottle and tap list....but I tell you what...it's the largest UN-INSPIRING thing I have ever seen, sure theres a couple decent ones but overall....damn.
    It's listed under the menu tab.......and if you drink 75 of their beers you get into their "Hall of Foam"....pretty funny.
    http://www.thebeerhunter.net

10. t0rin0

t0rin0 Poo-Bah (2,315) Dec 30, 2006 California

Beer Hunter was the only place to go for good beer out in the IE... 15 years ago. I think the one in Menifee is the newest location. The one in Rancho closed a few years back but the original out in La Quinta is still there. I used to hear good things 10 years ago but that was possibly because getting a Chimay White on tap in the desert was unheard of. If youre in the shopping center in Menifee then there is also a BJs and a Bevmo there, not that those are amazing alternatives.

Anyway, there is actually a brewery in Menifee now called Mason Jar Brewing. Looks like a small time ferment-in-a-fridge set up. I added it to RateBeer a little while back but it looks like no one from either site has gone there yet to add any beers.

https://www.facebook.com/themasonjarbrewingcompany

Other than that, as mentioned by everyone else, either head north to Riverside/Corona (and possibly over to Redlands) or head south to Temecula.

**edit: since there really aren't any specific suggestions for the Riverside area listed, here goes

breweries (all, some OK, some god awful)
    Taps - Corona
    Sons of Liberty - Norco/Corona
    Skyland - Corona
    Brew Crew (actually 4 different small homebrewer setups using the same license/space) - Riverside
    Wicks - Riverside (next door to Brew Crew)
    Thompson - Riverside
    Area 51 - Riverside
    Packing House - Riverside
    Heroes - Riverside
    Inland Empire - Riverside
    3 Iron - Colton (opens this Saturday if you're interested in checking out a brewery opening)
    Kat Daddy - Moreno Valley (not sure if these guys are open anymore to be honest)
    **BJs and Oggis in Corona only semi count since they don't actually brew anything there, but they have house beers
    ***Mars Brewing - Riverside. Not open yet but they might be soon, who knows.

bars/restaurants (the good ones)
    D Dogs - Riverside
    Salted Pig - Riverside
    W Wolfskill - Riverside (more focused on cocktails than beer, minimal food, but around the corner from Salted Pig)
    Heroes - Riverside (mentioned above, fun place, decent food, meh beer)

#10 t0rin0, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.