Need help narrowing down my St. Louis trip this weekend

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by GameFreac, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameFreac

GameFreac Disciple (345) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

Going to St. Louis for the 1st time this weekend. 2 of my friends can't make it so I'll be going solo now. Will be there Friday 5pm-Sunday afternoon, then going back to Georgia.

Basically just need help narrowing the things I want to do down since I'll have very limited time. I was thinking for breweries:

Friday Night - Perennial, Schlafly Tap Room (have a soft spot for them because I love their Pumpkin Ale and they were one of the first craft breweries I drank), 4 Hands.

Saturday - Narrow Gauge (eat there?), then Side Project Brewery and Cellar (since they are so close), then 2nd Shift and Heavy Riff. Maybe hit Anheuser Busch since I am a brewer and it would be cool to tour the facility, if anything.

For bottle shops, I hear Wine and Cheese Place and Craft Beer Cellar are the best. What shelf beers should I be looking out for here? Trying to find stuff I can't get in GA but am not super familiar with what beers I should definitely bring back.

For bars, I was thinking Planters House, iTap, and Venice Cafe. Anything I'm missing?

For non beer stuff, was gonna do the Arch, City Museum, and Forest Park. Anything else I should do?

I was planning on eating at Hi Pointe Drive in, Cugino's at Narrow Gauge, Southwest Diner, maybe a BBQ place (but I'm not a huge fan of bbq...really prefer places that have white bbq sauce - any recs?), Reed's American, and Ted Drewe's. Anything I'm missing that is a must or should take away?

Was gonna get a bunch of bottles to go at Side Project...do they normally have limits on how many you can take? Also if anyone is down to split the cost and bottle of Derivation #10, Maltvin, and Tete, let me know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.