New Beer Sunday (week 495)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by cavedave, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennis3951

dennis3951 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2008 New Jersey

At the local brew pub, Maori IPA, named for the indigenous people where the hops were grown New Zealand. This brew has a small amount of kiwi purée added. Nice and a bit different

Ozzylizard, Mikecap, sharpski and 7 others like this.
  2. cavedave

cavedave Poo-Bah (2,977) Mar 12, 2009 New York
    Society Trader

New American Saison Sunday (week 495)

Greetings NBS'ers from up on the ridge in Mid Hud Val NY. Lazy day, overdid the beer drinking and partying Friday night in Bklyn, worked with no sleep on Saturday, and still catching up today. Beautiful weather, calm, warm, cloudy, just right for some new beer.

This one will probably get better as the Brett does its thing slowly as the beer ages. Glad I have two more down in the cellar. Surprised folks didn't like this better, I have a plus rdev of 10. I know I'm a homer, but this is really tasty. Hope you also have a Great American Beer in your glass. Cheers!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29800/93864/?ba=cavedave

[​IMG]
    Saw these guys Fri. night and they left a smoking crater where my mind was. In a good way.

2beerdogs, Premo88, kemoarps and 18 others like this.
  3. OCHoundNBrewGrrl

OCHoundNBrewGrrl Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2012 California

Good afternoon NBSers!

Its a warm 85 degrees here along the sunny southern California coast. The humidity has subsided, at least for the day, so I decided to get a few things done before trying a new beer. Dremeled the hound's No 2 pencil sized acrylic nails, did a little light housework and then headed up to the Home Depot for some flowers to fill a space in the garden that the dogs had been using as a dirt bed. Ended up with some large sunflowers and a pro-pack of snapdragons. Got those suckers in the ground and finally rejoiced in the glory that is, a new beer.

A few photos for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My new beer was Stone Coffee Milk Stout. I had been anticipating this delight and with a $1.29 price tag per bottle at my Trader Joes, I snagged two last trip. First impression...it tasted like Alesmith Speedway Stout, less the booze. Not a bad thing, but maybe not what I expected or anticipated. Very coffee forward. At 4.2% abv and after working in the yard, this sucker went down like water. Very thin mouthfeel, carbed as expected for a stout. I guess I sort of expected it to be sweet based on it being a milk stout, it was not. Just tasted to me like a solid coffee stout. Not very exciting. As I sit here typing this I'm wishing I had a bottle of Stone's Vanilla Smoked Porter to blend with the remaining bottle, I think the smoked vanilla taste would take this to a new level.

At any rate, time to find something else to enjoy while watching this Denver V San Francisco game. It's about time to draft my winning fantasy team for the season :slight_smile: Enjoy the rest of your day, one and all!

Something for your ears to feast on. Be like @cavedave and his recycling quest....make this a better place with your own two hands.

4. woemad

woemad Poo-Bah (3,730) Jun 8, 2003 Washington
    Society Trader

Not beer related (other than I'd just had one when I typed it), but it's been drawn to my attention that the plane I saw actually had a non original engine, a Wright Cyclone, whereas the original plane it was based on had a Pratt & Whitney Wasp. I stand corrected. Ahem.

In beer news, in the spirit of my “It’s been a long week” rant , I decided to follow-up with a big boy I’ve been sitting on for a while (and perhaps should have kept sitting on):

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/429/91160/?ba=woemad

I’m still working on this, and may indeed end up sending it to that great sewage treatment plant in the sky. I like that despite Alaskan’s relatively large status, they still try different things, but geez! Way too sweet and boozy!

cavedave, Premo88, kemoarps and 10 others like this.
  5. cavedave

Society Trader

Funny, in an ironic way, this is a quote from a review posted 7/13: "Overall this is a really impressive beer. It's a fresh beer that drinks like something that's been sitting in the cellar for years."

woemad and Roxie_B like this.
  6. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2013 Maryland

3.84 is on the status of its good, but wouldn't travel 12 miles to get it good.

7. mattcrill

mattcrill Meyvn (1,310) Mar 16, 2004 Ohio

New Irish Red Ale Sunday
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9797/23052/?ba=mattcrill

Good afternoon, all you remarkably rowdy Red Ale revelers and revoltingly rebellious Roegenbier regulars, Happy New Beer Sunday.

I thought I would mercilessly plagiarize @cavedave due to his wonderful alliteration on this fine New Beer Sunday.

Weather in Central OH is kind of cool, cloudy, and humid. Not sure why this Irish Red hasn't gotten more love but I'll tip my cap to it any day of the week and twice on NBS!

Hope you all have a fine American ale in your glass today.

Peace, love, and malty-ness,

Matt

8. richj1970

richj1970 Poo-Bah (2,205) Oct 26, 2012 Alabama
    Society Trader

Yesterday was the first anniversary for my favorite local bottle shop. To celebrate, he had all local brews on the tap list including a few rarities. I picked up two growlers to take home. Unfortunately, they got the labels backwards...

Unintentionally, today's new beer is Rocket Republic's Terrestri-Ale Tripel. A Belgian style Tripel. Nothing super outstanding here, but this is a very solid Tripel, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. There wasn't much head on the first pour, but maybe the seal on the growler wasn't very good. Looking forward to Rocket Republic moving into to their new facility later this year, and the opening of their taproom.

[​IMG]

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31547/115524/

Also picked up a nice shirt at the event yesterday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2beerdogs, kemoarps, 2Xmd and 16 others like this.
  9. geneseohawk

geneseohawk Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2008 Illinois

[​IMG]

Great Lager from Metropolitan- crisp but hoppy! Perfect for a summer day!

Listening to some James Maynard Tool!

2beerdogs, Premo88, 2Xmd and 11 others like this.
  10. GRPunk

GRPunk Meyvn (1,229) Apr 5, 2007 Michigan

New double IPA

Kind of muggy with gloomy skies in West MI. Our family is kind of in recovery mode after a lot of travel and hosting family over the past couple weeks. A lazy day was good for trying a new beer.

Unfortunately I won't have a linked review. I've gone back to solely jotting my own notes into the little black book until I wrap my head around the new scoring system.

In a nutshell, it was a beautiful beer with a ton of leafy and citrus hops in both the aroma and flavor. However, a significant malt bill keeps everything in check and really beefs up the body. A nice sipper that I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

[​IMG]

2beerdogs, Premo88, kemoarps and 14 others like this.
  11. Roxie_B

Roxie_B Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2014 Alabama

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3818/10433/?ba=Roxie_B
    [​IMG]

A rainy Sunday afternoon here in the sultry SouthEast. I am rounding out a week of gentle porters with this one. I am enjoying some solitude and trying to let go of the notion that I have anything more than today a beer and a pocketful of hope. Feeling a bit silly for the belated epiphany to be honest.

This is a fine example of a porter though not my favorite to date. Would drink again. Does put me ever so vaguely in mind of saw dust but I can't put my finger on why that is. Happy New Beer Sunday to y'all!

12. Smakawhat

Smakawhat Poo-Bah (7,619) Mar 18, 2008 Maryland
    Society

Time to slay some more ....

Modern Times - Phalanx IPA

[​IMG]
    Modern Times - Phalanx IPA
    by imbibehour, on Flickr

Rating of works in progress for I don't know what so I am sort of winging but have a theory and solid working formula that I like so it goes something like this...

Rating 86 on a 100 point scale.

Poured from the bottle into a Spiegelau IPA glass.

Deep crystal clear body. Rows of bright orange and yellow, to bronze golden glow all throughout. Head is a great even and pinhead filled three fingers. Big filled, with a foamy cap and a little bit of retention. Head slowly settles to a thick puck, but skips the clumpy classic IPA look, with no lacing or clinging. Still a great looking beer, classic in it's clarity to it's origins.

What a solid hop front nose. Orange pekoe tea, but with a fruity juicy quality that doesn't hint towards English. What an interesting hop blur angle, and juiced body. Partial tropics but herbal earthy quality and fruit just reminds me of a standout English IPA. Incredibly airy and aromatic. Not sweet, practically like a spice tea box, with perhaps some hinting sandal wood. Malt character not discernable but really don't care. Very nice.

First sip really describes a body thick like a double, with definitely much sugary sweetness and hinting syrup. Fruit angle slides along with orange and marmalade. Spicy finish with lots of citrus warmth and juice to match. Body has thickness and almost creamy texture, but gets a little syrupy as well. Very low carbonation, barely cutting through this thick malt, but like a true IPA lets the hops shine.

This brewery makes great beer what more can I say.

2beerdogs, Premo88, kemoarps and 16 others like this.
  13. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,853) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Happy New Beer Sunday, everybody!

My wife just made a blueberry crumb cake with all of the wild blueberries we picked at my parents' place in the Catskills yesterday, so it only seems fitting that I finally open up this coffee stout to go with it.-
    [​IMG]
    Central Waters Brewhouse Coffee Stout

Overall, it's about as straightforward a beer as i was expecting. Not too much going on besides the coffee, a hint of blackstrap molases in the nose plus a mild tootsie roll quality in the finish, but hey, the coffee is supposed to be the star of the show after all. It definitely shines here. I'd say that getting the proportions right is the real key to a beer like this; and that has definitely been done. It's all in the 'goldilocks zone'- the coffee flavor, the residual sweetness, the bitterness, even the mouthfeel. Nothing is overdone or underdone, it's all just right. Nice beer- solid 4 out of 5.

14. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (2,576) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

Good Sunday all,
    On the way home from the Festival of Farmhouse Ales, we stopped at Lost Nation in Morrisville VT
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Vermont Pilsner, I am still working on the rating system changes on BA.

Overall a 4 for me

Had on tap at the brewery today,
    A - Golden light pours through a very clean pilsner. A gentle dance of light carbonation bubbles train upward.
    S - Floor malts, noble hops right at the start, tinges of lemon, and a hint of tart.
    T - A crisp snap of light malt, carbonation is clean and delightful, The hop profile is up for the style.
    lightly bitter with again a hint of lemon, no Styrian in this beer.
    M - What a delight, the palate is coated gently, a crisp center and clean finish seal the deal.
    O - This pils may be a little round to the style, but a wonderful lager and worth seeking out.
    Cheers

15. cavedave

Society Trader

Love that beer, man, and that was a great description. Wishing I had one right now.

TongoRad likes this.
  16. Premo88

Premo88 Poo-Bah (1,973) Jun 6, 2010 Texas
    Society

96 degrees a bit ago, felt like 102 -- Texas August in full bloom. But my new bougainvillea loves it. :slight_smile:

NEW Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co. BEER SUNDAY!

Very excited to join you fine folks again, and very excited to open a new beer from Houston, Texas' Buffalo Bayou. Toured that brewery last weekend and couldn't believe how much I loved their cucumber wit.

But to the task at hand ...

Abrikoos, a Belgian IPA that's got Australian hops and apricots in it. It's also got carbonation:

[​IMG]

OK, so now I believe over-carbonation can happen. This is my first encounter with it, and I got lucky -- didn't have a gusher, and my goblet/chalice helped save the day:

[​IMG]

That's a pretty big head for a beer in a chalice, but it drank just fine. And it's a good! Tons of sweet fruity flavor mixed with a steady bitter bite, and the hops had to be from somewhere other than America, England or Germany because I'm still having a hell of time placing them -- kind of piney, kind of floral, kind of sweet even, but not like anything I've tasted before.

Part of that is due to the apricots in this brew, no doubt. The label helps a bit:

[​IMG]

"Savory phenolics" and walls of hops bouncing off other hops, iindeed ... it's so packed with a sweet/bitter mix that I'm looking forward to trying it again.

Gave it a 4.25 in our new system:
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/28255/114890/?ba=Premo88

Republican? Democrat? Screw that. I'm with these guys:
    [​IMG]

@Roguer: That's EXACTLY what a 3.84 is.
    @DIM: OMG ... "Sierra Nevada Ticker's Delight" ... bwaaahahahahahaha! And, of course, as I'm laughing I'm kicking myself for not buying my own. Hey, I like to tick. Let me play!

Thanks to @cavedave for starting us off this week, and thanks to all you music posters. Linda Ronstadt, Fleetwood Mac *and* some Marley Jamming ... plus more?!? Yes, please.

Cheers!

17. sharpski

sharpski Savant (908) Oct 11, 2010 Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands
    Trader

Hey NBS'ers

Just wrapped up another beautiful weekend in Bend: two of my best friends visited from Seattle, another successful Bend Brewfest is in the books, and I find myself the recipient of a trade with a new-to-me goodie.
    [​IMG]

Kulshan Bastard Kat IPA from Bellingham, WA has the common decency to list some details about its beer right on the can.

Malt: 2-Row, Munich, Honey
    Hops: Apollo, Palisade, Cascade
    IBU: 70
    OG: 14.8 Plato
    FG: 2.3 Plato
    ABV 6.66%
    SRM: 10
    Ideal serving temp: 41 F
    Please enjoy in proper glassware

Would that every brewery provide this much info. The beer itself has a great nose of Cascade, and the hops are in full force on the tongue, but I would have preferred the malts pull back a little. Still a strong IPA from the City of Subdued Excitement, 3.5/5.

18. RJLarse

RJLarse Poo-Bah (1,889) Dec 30, 2005 Washington
    Society

Greetings All:

I had to spend a few minutes figuring out the new review/rating system. At first I thought I was too old/stupid/drunk to remember how to rate a beer... then I figured out the landscape had changed. I wonder how the new "optional" review protocol affects NBS? For those smarter than I figure out I guess?

So, today was Nice Rack IPA. Sweet and sessionable. I'd have it again.
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17116/56432/?ba=RJLarse

The brewery seems to have a 'sex sells' approach to names. Only other brew I had from this brewer was 'Pinup Porter'.

Seasonal here in the Columbia Basin after a weird week. We had an epic dust/thunder storm roll through on Tuesday blowing down trees and sparking a couple of wild fires. It's all good at my place. A few broken tree branches and it blew a few Macintosh apples off the trees that won't make to the apple pie, but there are many left. Otherwise OK.

Happy Trails!

[​IMG]

19. Ursushopsius

Ursushopsius Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2014 California

Man do I love my bottle shop for choosing not to mark up their incredible selection.
    [​IMG]

WCKDVBZ, 2Xmd, CHADMC3 and 7 others like this.
  20. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

I am about to head upstairs to read an to contemplate this glorious new beer sunday but I do not want to forget @Brenden . He posted first this New Beer Sunday but in last weeks thread so I volunteered to see his post to today.

Here it is . he's new and let's all welcome him. =)

Another long-time listener, first-time caller. This always seems like a fun thread, but I haven't gotten in on it yet. Right now, I'm typing with a kitten sleeping on one arm, so it might take forever.
    Anyway, nothing crazy today, and walezbro are usually only at organized tastings for me. There's too much good stuff on shelves unless I have disposable income to put into ludicrous shipping costs, which I currently don't.
    But what's new in stock, at least from a few breweries, are pumpkin beers. Slowly but surely, they're popping up on shelves along with some Oktoberfests. This week, I picked up 2 that are new to me: Cisco's Pumple Drumkin and Wilhelm Scream from Magic Hat. I can't speak to those two yet (later today), but I did also pick up some O'Fallon pumpkin ale to share with friends. It was good, but I didn't remember it having so much of a tang to it as it did this time. I'm not sure what the date was. I would still get it, especially for $8.99 a sixer, it just had a little more tartness than I recalled. It still had plenty of pumpkin and spices that weren't too heavy or too subtle, though.
    Yes, this took forever to write, and now the kitten jumps down. Cool.

2beerdogs, kemoarps, Premo88 and 11 others like this.
  21. superspak

superspak Poo-Bah (24,507) May 5, 2010 Ohio
    Society Trader

Good evening NBS once again! Another nice day out there. I glued the collar to my keezer w/ Liquid Nails yesterday and I am going to stain and drill it this week for perlicks. I hope to have it running with 3 beers by next sunday. Then it will be time to decide on what the 4 keg will be(I'm thinkin Irish Red ale). Right now I have: Citra/Amarillo IPA, Munich Helles that is done lagering and needs carbed/tapped, and the Centennial/Amarillo Am Brown ale that got half drank by the Homebrew fest yesterday :grinning:. Everyone really loved that beer as much as I do. It's getting made again.

Anyways here's my new beers today:

This was a great BPA! Bright lemon zest, orange peel, apricot, pear, apple, pepper, herbal, grass, cracker, bread, and herbal/yeast earthiness. Nice earthy spice on the finish. Well carbonated, crisp, and super smooth. Yeast, malt, and earthy hop balance is spot on. Loved it. 90/100
    [​IMG]

Really great DIPA. Big grapefruit, tangerine, lemon zest, orange peel, pineapple, floral, grass, light pine, toast, caramel, and floral/grassy earthiness. Fair amount of pine/grassy bitterness on the finish. Great malt/bitterness balance and quite crisp for the 10.1%. Mouthfeel is super smooth and lightly slick/sticky. All around really well done. 92/100
    [​IMG]

Playing along with WBAYDN #666 :grinning:. Insane! Taste of huge dark chocolate, cocoa, coffee, roasted malt, fudge, toast, vanilla, coconut, toffee, bourbon, oak, brown sugar, and roast/oaky earthiness. Incredible balance of bourbon barrel and deep roasted malt character. Great roasted malt bitterness/sweetness balance. No booziness at all (cellared this for a full year). Wow! 96/100
    [​IMG]

Cheers, have a good rest of the night NBS!

#61 superspak, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  22. beerloserLI

beerloserLI Savant (982) Apr 2, 2011 New York
    Trader

What's up NBS players in the house. Grabbing yet another selection from the sn beer camp box. The canned Rye Bock by sn/ob. The Pour and nose are pretty average at best. The drinking is a nice rye start with a fruity and hoppy finish. Really smooth and refreshing. Nothing mind blowing but a really solid 4/5 on the taste,
    [​IMG]

23. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (801) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Greetings NBS! It's been a couple weeks off this forum for me, but I've certainly been enjoying some great brews. I was blessed to try a Hunaphu Friday night, and boy was that a treat :slight_smile:. Great day yesterday with some college friends and I enjoyed a few fresh cans of All Day IPA. Today, I had another couple on the golf course, and the beer was much better than my golf game.

Today's new brew is Stone's 18th Anniversary IPA. Nice and fresh, you know a Stone IPA is going to be good. While this deviates from the typical "in your face" hoppiness of many Stone IPA's, I enjoyed this one. Dark malts add some complexity and sweetness, and I enjoyed it:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/147/129674/?ba=Mikecap

Cheers NBS!

2beerdogs, kemoarps, woemad and 15 others like this.
  24. Brenden

Brenden Poo-Bah (3,869) Feb 25, 2008 Ohio
    Society Trader

Thanks for bumping me to the right thread. This seems like a fun thread, and even though I've been on BA for 6 years or so, I've never been an active participant in these kinds of threads. Cheers to more!

25. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

I didn't even see that beer in Madison, WI this year. Apparently I missed it?

Roxie_B likes this.
  26. TongoRad

TongoRad Poo-Bah (2,853) Jun 3, 2004 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I got it in a trade last fall, various locals for various locals, so I guess I've been sitting on it for a while. It definitely held up really well, though- although I guess there's the possibility that the coffee would be stronger when it's fresher.

Roxie_B likes this.
  27. Brenden

Brenden Poo-Bah (3,869) Feb 25, 2008 Ohio
    Society Trader

Also, I'll try not to say "thread" so much next time.

kemoarps, TongoRad and Roxie_B like this.
  28. Greywulfken

Greywulfken Poo-Bah (5,036) Aug 25, 2010 New York
    Society Trader

Horribly boring day at a Christening, followed by a strictly "meh" meal at a strictly "meh" restaurant. Believe me, there are very few gatherings where I don't drink :sunglasses:, but with only cheap wine available, I hadda take a pass... :grimacing:

Finally home. Picked this up en route...

Freeze, sucka!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Speakeasy's Untouchable IPA
    [​IMG]
    Untouchable used to be an APA with a lower abv (5.5), but this edition is a higher-abv IPA (6.8) featuring Nelson Sauvin hops.
    I found it to be good, but that's about it - I am partial to paler IPAs, so there's some bias in there :wink:

Well, I'll say this: This beer's doin' a pretty good job of taking the edge off the day...
    [​IMG]
    ...and a little metal always helps...

Cheers!

#68 Greywulfken, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  29. CHADMC3

CHADMC3 Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2005 Connecticut

New American IPA Sunday

Greetings NBS,

A late check in for me where Southern CT has hints of fall in the fresh air this evening. Our family vacation in Western Maine concluded yesterday, an awesome time with the wife and kids. Also managed to score some good beer from various Maine breweries along the way as well as visits to Maine Beer Company, Ebeneezers, and Standard Gastropub.

This was a beer I was fortunate enough to score during my visit, an IPA from Sebago brewed with a different hop profile each year.

Pours a darker orange to almost copper body beneath the off white head which dissolves to leave thick, sticky lacing about the glass.

Nice hop aromas of fresh squeezed citrus and pine as well as a noticeable malt presence to back it up. The aromas are simple yet effective. As it warms there may be some flower petals in there as well.

The flavor is a little more complex as everything is just a bit more pronounced. Fresh biting citrus hops such as orange and grapefruit as well as grass and pine.it even seems a bit spicy or even cedars. Quite tasty.

A fairly robust IPA, palate coating with medium carbonation and a bitey finish.

A great IPA with tons of character - well done Sebago.

Had trouble with the BA review links today. Hope everyone has a productive work week.

[​IMG]

2beerdogs, kemoarps, Mikecap and 12 others like this.
  30. rorjets

rorjets Meyvn (1,199) Nov 20, 2012 Connecticut

Trying another local in-state brewery for the first time. These 16 oz cans of 'Hopstillo' from Broad Brook Brewing, across the Connecticut River in East Windsor, were a new find for me. And I have to say it was a delightful find.

When you pull the tab to open the can, there is an immediate smell of fruit and piney woods. On the pour, there was a nice long-lasting head topping an amber colored brew. This is definitely a West Coast style IPA that has a strong citrus and pine taste on the first sip. 6.8% ABV but very smooth. The 82 IBUs registers as you swallow, but it still has a clean finish.

I found this beer to be one of the better IPAs I have had from this state, truly deeelicious!

[​IMG]

2beerdogs, Roguer, kemoarps and 13 others like this.
  31. GRPunk

GRPunk Meyvn (1,229) Apr 5, 2007 Michigan

32. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,235) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Good evening BAs! Well I finally got back on my computer after working around the house all day and can finally post NBS stuff.

[​IMG]

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1683/28817/?ba=Ozzylizard

I'm not a big barleywine fan (except for old Devil's Dancer) but this was fairly tasty. Can't wait to try the BBA Chickenkiller - maybe next NBS.

We are working with a contractor to increase our living space - going to expand one room by taking out out a supporting wall and combining with the breezeway so my wife gets 468 sq ft for her quilting activities. The breezeway has been predominantly storage space and held my beer cellar. I've been averaging 8 hours/day for the last week sorting, pitching, and moving stuff. Moved the beer cellar into the closet in the turtle room but now there's no room for my clothes. Oh well - guess I can type naked.

33. WesMantooth

WesMantooth Poo-Bah (3,103) Jan 8, 2014 Ohio
    Society Trader

I Drank All of My New Beers Last Sunday, so a New Pofrom Saturday Sunday

I did my review today, so does that count? I seriously picked up 6 new singles last week for a couple of NBSs. Not sure where they went. I took mental notes on what was one of the best beers I have had. So far these guys are crushing it with the barrel aged stuff. As with most brewery visits that my brothers, cousin, and I make, we talked our way through the locked doors. Spending over $700 probably didn't hurt. Nice people doing big things in a little operation. Now that they are doing some distributing, it won't be long before they double or triple in size. Just not a real easily accessible part of the state. Maybe I should move there... Anyway, wanted to share some of the experience.
    [​IMG]

Used this as a justification to make the 2 + hour drive to the brewery. Well worth the time and gas. Jet black with little head. Smells like chocolate, bourbon, maple syrup. The bourbon is noticeable in the taste, but takes a back seat to the maple. Real maple. No imitation tasting shit here. Incredibly smooth. No heat from the bourbon and the 10.5% ABV. I am not sure any beer is "worth" $13 a bottle, but I sure don't regret spending it. (based on the box of it in my truck) They set the bar pretty high with Dark Apparition. This one cleared it by a foot. It is in the Jack's Abby Framminghammer category, only better in my opinion. World class for sure. 4.85
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New Canner
    [​IMG]
    More shinny new stuff
    [​IMG]

34. Donkster46

Donkster46 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2014 Washington

Sharing my new beer on new beer Sunday....last of the summers on this warm evening in Western WA.
    [​IMG]

35. Janetwillson

Janetwillson Initiate (0) May 28, 2014 Alabama

This is really nice beer. I really like this Dear can you tell me what the price of this beer?

36. Donkster46

Donkster46 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2014 Washington

I think I picked it up for $4.50 for the bomber at the Albertsons here in town.

37. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,624) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

You're bringing it strong Girl. Loof forward to many more contributions here.

OCHoundNBrewGrrl and Roxie_B like this.
  38. Janetwillson

Janetwillson Initiate (0) May 28, 2014 Alabama

Then I will buy this..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.