new bottle shop in ct

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jmr85, Jan 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (263) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Hey guys just wanna give everyone a heads up in ct, epically those who live in hartford county that there is a new bottle shop on rte 44 in Avon that just opened up. It's in the same plaza with the goodwill store and advanced auto parts. It's called the bottle shop. I stopped in today and I must say they have one of the biggest selections of craft beer that I have seen in the area. Huge selection of 4,6packs as well as bombers. This is my new go to packy, check it out you guys won't be disappointed. Cheers!

Providence and grahuba like this.
  2. DrunkyBuddha

DrunkyBuddha Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Connecticut

Thanks for the heads up bro!!

3. Berman1125

Berman1125 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 Connecticut

I just saw that they opened. Glad to see they have good craft stuff

4. bfitzge2

bfitzge2 Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2010 Massachusetts

Stopped by last week; very friendly and excited to talk craft beer. They indicated they'd be getting all the heavy hitters (although maybe a bit naive about how often they'd have Gandhi available). It's like a quarter mile down the road from M&R Avon with WAY better selection, so not ideal for those dudes.

Also I think it is called Bottle Stop.

5. pbrian

pbrian Defender (688) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Good to hear- I'm closer to Liquor Depot, which is depressing these days, coolers are only half full most of the time. I'll make the extra effort to get down to this new place.

6. Berman1125

Berman1125 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 Connecticut

Liquor depot has been slacking of late. And they don't seem to friendly to talk shop with. But they do at least put all of their Gandhi on display when they get it instead of hiding it, with a limit, and not overpriced. But asking about things seems like a real bother there.

M&R are cool, but you have to build up a rep there. Like many stores in the area. Has anyone had good luck at the wine super cellar? Looking forward to trying bottle shop.

7. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (263) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

I haven't been in the wine super cellar in quite some time. Probably been a year or so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.