New England Brewing Co. (2020)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Gmr75, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Gmr75

Gmr75 Aspirant (249) Apr 30, 2002 Connecticut
    Brewery Trader

Figured I'd start a new thread to start the new year. Always around to answer questions. Some fun releases coming up in the next few months, including a few classics that haven't been released in awhile...

https://newenglandbrewing.com/

Taproom Hours
    Sunday: 12:00pm — 5:00pm
    Monday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
    Tuesday: 12:00 pm — 9:00 pm
    Wednesday: 12:00 pm — 9:00 pm
    Thursday: 12:00 pm — 9:00 pm
    Friday: 12:00 pm — 10:00 pm
    Saturday: 11:00 am — 9:00 pm

mltobin, Lucasdia, sulldaddy and 6 others like this.
  2. YourDigitalGrave

YourDigitalGrave Initiate (97) Jun 5, 2019 Massachusetts

I love your stuff!

Are you guys officially distributing in Massachusetts or is it just random creep that I am occasionally seeing? If not, are there plans to do so?

Gmr75 likes this.
  3. Gmr75

Brewery Trader

Just floating a tiny bit up to MA now and then. Hopefully in the future we will have additional volume to send more.

Likely will see some events in MA around EBF.

4. msiegel04

msiegel04 Initiate (52) Oct 5, 2017 Connecticut
    Trader

Looking forward to what’s to come. You guys are turning out top notch quality, selection and atmosphere.

Stormfield and Gmr75 like this.
  5. AElfwine_Nerevar

AElfwine_Nerevar Initiate (143) Nov 16, 2018 Connecticut

Are you guys going to keep brewing supernaut for distribution? My local packy (in Cheshire) hasn't had any since around thanksgiving after having it constantly since you started distributing.

Lucasdia likes this.
  6. Gmr75

Brewery Trader

We are. Sent out 90bbl worth last week In cans and draft. More next week. Keeping up with Sea Hag demand sometimes means the Supernaut batches end up a little further apart. It's our goal to up the Supernaut distro in the future.

Beericjb likes this.
  7. kingsuect

kingsuect Initiate (39) Oct 6, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

thanks

Takeanotherswing likes this.
  8. hopley

hopley Meyvn (1,232) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

I had to read over that one over twice just to make sure there wasn't some kind of tomfoolery going on...

9. Gmr75

Brewery Trader

Ha! Dont start rumours...

10. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (149) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Hopefully “classics” include Three Judges, Attempted Redrum and most importantly, Fancy Pants!

sulldaddy likes this.
  11. AElfwine_Nerevar

Awesome! Keep up the good work.

12. Swats

Swats Initiate (45) Jul 1, 2015 Connecticut

Really liking Face Hugger, hoping this one can stay in the rotation.

13. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (3,667) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I think I have a 3 Judges in the cellar still...MIGHT be time to give that a shot!

jaxon53 likes this.
  14. smutty33

smutty33 Crusader (737) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

Would LOVE to see something brewed with Rye........

IPA, Pale, Porter, Stout?

Beericjb and CTHopman like this.
  15. LKAZZI

LKAZZI Initiate (30) Aug 31, 2014 Connecticut

Bump
    New Kewl Beans coffee stout = delicious
    Brand New Tickle Party IPA = pretty damn delicious. Tropical juicy fruit, without crossing into that coconut suntan lotion territory. Goes down easy at only 5.8%. Cans available too.

Gmr75 and smutty33 like this.
  16. Gmr75

Brewery Trader

I'm really thrilled with Kewl Beans this year. Tickle Party, IMO, does a good job of showing hints of a NEIPA, but still with good supporting bitterness. Excited to have a new IPA in the lineup that showcases Motueka. I was surprised by the strong pineapple aroma of the beer - almost like freeze dried pineapple.

Attempted RedRum (rum barrel-aged Barleywine) bottles this weekend (on draft as well). The barrels that we sourced are from Antigua and have much less spice than the barrels that were used in the past (likely Jamaican, as 9 out of 10 times that's what is available). The final product leans towards Molasses, Brown Sugar, Dark Fruit, Rum Cake, and isn't as hot as past releases, again, IMO. Spent over a year in the barrels, and it really softened the bitterness of the American Barleywine base as well.

17. Mkozaka

Mkozaka Defender (604) Apr 25, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Feb Supernaut cans are delicious; so nice to slug down a hoppy beer rather than choke on the haze.

18. AElfwine_Nerevar

Quoted for the truth. Spin Cycle 24 has been drinking like a champ as well. I hope they give that one a name.

Gmr75 and Mkozaka like this.
  19. smutty33

smutty33 Crusader (737) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

Agreed,

I endulged in Hag and Naut all weekend....hits the spot!

No muddled haze, great price!

Cheers.....

Mkozaka likes this.
  20. AElfwine_Nerevar

The latest batch of Super Supernaut is amazing! Probably my favorite DIPA you guys put out. I also really liked Tickle Party, Hoppy Pilsner, and Mrs. Cooke's Kolsch.

Gmr75 and CTHopman like this.
  21. mltobin

mltobin Poo-Bah (1,872) Apr 1, 2007 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I finally cracked a bottle of Malice, it's tasty. Nice job by @Gmr75 & the crew. I hope that you & everyone else at NEBCO are doing as best as possible during a difficult time for small breweries.

(and a lot of other industries of course)

Gmr75, AElfwine_Nerevar and CTHopman like this.
  22. AElfwine_Nerevar

Has anyone tried the new Stegosaurus DIPA yet?

23. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (226) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

Had my first tonight. Delicious from the can. Typical clean NEBCO beer. All the great hop profile without the haze.

AElfwine_Nerevar likes this.
  24. jaxon53

jaxon53 Meyvn (1,147) Mar 1, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

Did you give it a shot? I was poking around my stock yesterday and found one buried...

25. sulldaddy

sulldaddy Poo-Bah (3,667) Apr 6, 2003 Connecticut
    Society Trader

you know what... I never did, I will have to go back into the cellar and do that soon, I will be glad t share notes with you once its open...May as well do it tonight actually. I probably post in the cellar reviews thread and can share it back to this thread too.

My notes when fresher review say the beer was kind of hot and boozy, hopefully all this time has mellowed it a bit.

jaxon53 likes this.
  26. DougC123

DougC123 Disciple (335) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

Doing my best to support through these times. I usually have a Sea Hag on tap, but with allocation to bars lifted, I put on a Fuzzy three weeks ago and clobbered it. So good. Now I have Supernaut on one side and Hoppy Pilsner on the other. Great tag team. That’s actually a photo of Sea Hag in my avatar.

27. DougC123

[​IMG]

Sea Hag handle because that's what is usually here, the Elm City is a relic that I need to get some new line card stickers for.

28. AElfwine_Nerevar

Denim Speedo is awesome! I added it as a one-off, but I hope you guys start canning this.

Gmr75 and purephase like this.
  29. Gmr75

Brewery Trader

Thanks! Just a pilot batch, but always good to hear positive feedback. Certainly potential for it to be scaled up (we'd prob have to change the name...).

30. wasatchback

wasatchback Disciple (360) Jan 12, 2014 Bahamas
    Trader

It’s called a Jeado! Name change done

31. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (149) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Even with a 1 case limit, sell outs basically on pre-order for Super Super (realize first time canned) and BFD? Baffling. All of their cans have been lasting several days for a while. Walk up, multiple case allotments, no wait, chuck in car, go back in for a few pours and maybe fills. What gives? FOMO? Sure to get brews? Boredom? Hardly bitching; I have had WAY more that my fair share of each in the past but honestly puzzled.

32. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (226) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

I could be wrong but I thought this was the first Super Supernaut canning (if not, it's rare) so that didn't surprise me, as much as Double Fuzz going quickly which took days last time.

In any event, good for NEBCO!

33. AElfwine_Nerevar

Wait, there was a stealth Super Supernaut can release? I didn't see anything on their Instagram. Oh well there's always next time.

What does the can art look like?

34. Cbird

Cbird Initiate (17) Mar 1, 2017 Connecticut

Yeah, whats this about super super pre orders? I didnt see anything, figured it would get added to their website on saturday for the release. Did I miss out?

35. AElfwine_Nerevar

The release is this weekend and it doesn't go up on the website until day of...unless there is some type of secret preorder system I am unaware of.

36. mountaindewORcrabjuice

mountaindewORcrabjuice Initiate (84) Sep 6, 2017 Connecticut
    Trader

Looks like Coriolis is being sent out into the wild. As a self-proclaimed Nelson hunter, I'm pretty stoked.

Takeanotherswing likes this.
  37. DougC123

I was happy to hear that my local distributor has Sea Hag kegs back in stock, hoping it is fresh new production and not older stuff coming back. Picking it up tomorrow, so time will tell. So far in quarantine we have done Fuzzy, Supernaut, Hoppy Pils and we are coming back to our standard house beer Sea Hag. Also have a Counterweight Headway on right now.

38. lic217

lic217 Champion (864) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

I have not done a keg in forever. Probably should with being home so much. Hap the tap handles on my fridge and CO2 tank filled collecting dust...

39. DougC123

Initially the only positive of the pandemic was that kegs on allocation to bars and restaurants were released to general distribution, but then quickly after that breweries stopped filling kegs all together and started to focus all their efforts on cans and bottles. I'm hoping tomorrow's keg is the first of starting to fill kegs again.

lic217 likes this.
  40. lic217

lic217 Champion (864) Aug 10, 2010 Connecticut
    Trader

If you remember and don’t mind I would love to know what the date is on that keg that you get