New Glarus 20th Anniversary Beer

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by eyemustard, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grynder33

grynder33 Initiate (0) Jul 31, 2003 Wisconsin

Saw a huge supply of 20th at Pick and Save in Hales Corners,defintely no limits there

2. sherm1016

sherm1016 Initiate (197) Aug 10, 2009 Wisconsin

If it's at the Pick and Save, there must be a lot.

By the way, I tried it last night and thought it was fantastic. Not sure how many people out there are dying for a great Dubbel, but for me, it was really tasty. I would like to have a few bottles to enjoy over the next few years.

3. 71gto

71gto Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2009 Illinois

I highly doubt this will be gone by the end of the weekend. Maybe harder to find, but I'd be shocked if it was gone before June.

Nachos4two and mychalg9 like this.
  4. mychalg9

mychalg9 Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Anyone seen any near Twin Lakes? I saw on the beer finder that they should have in Walworth and Kenosha but those are a little farther than I want to drive.

5. mychalg9

So does it seem like all the regular stores are getting it, or just selected stores? I usually shop at Fox River Spirits in Wilmot and the Twin Lakes Sentry and not seeing it at either one yet on the beer finder.

6. bound4er

bound4er Crusader (761) Jul 4, 2007 Wisconsin

Had my first bottle tonight and I liked it a lot. And that's from someone that isn't a fan of dubbels.

7. BrownAleMale

BrownAleMale Initiate (0) Dec 14, 2011 Wisconsin

How many bottles are you looking for? I live in Lake Geneva and you could buy some from me if you want to

8. WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper Initiate (0) Jun 17, 2007 Illinois

Restocked at Woodman in Kenosha, no limit.

9. Amill1046

Amill1046 Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2010 Wisconsin

Sentry twin lakes got it yesterday

10. nickMB

nickMB Aspirant (284) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Brewery Trader

Just sold out at woodmans Kenosha, but it's available at the mars tourist castle for 9 bucks

11. Diotima

Diotima Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2013 Wisconsin

I like it, not quite as good as the unibroue i had last night, though.

12. Mandark

Mandark Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2008 Illinois

$6.99 @ Bruno's FTW! Guy there said he'd be getting two different kinds of glassware on Tuesday....

BrownAleMale likes this.
  13. LazerBeast

LazerBeast Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2009 Wisconsin

Just finishing one up right now, good stuff.

14. ValleyOfTheSuds

ValleyOfTheSuds Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2012 Arizona

Probably the 20th Signature Pilsner and 20th Nonic Pint glasses, right? Wish I would've picked up a pair of the pint glasses while there, but I'll be back to the brewery in September. Would imagine they'll still have them.

15. mychalg9

YEsterday as in Friday? I was there around 6 PM and they didn't have any. :slight_frown:

16. trevorjk

trevorjk Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2009 Netherlands

IS this still in stores? I wont be back home until June 16th... I would really like to get some of this :slight_smile: ((If i must, ill trade! Got some westy...)

17. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,941) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

There's still plenty of it- don't trade Westy for it. If you're in Madison I'll give you one at cost. However maybe we can talk about trading for a Westy 12... :wink:

BrownAleMale likes this.
  18. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota

There's a ton of it here in Baraboo for $6.50 a bottle. Very sad that there isn't any Berliner-Weisse here or in Janesville. Woodmans at Janesville said they just got IIPA this week and haven't received any BW :slight_frown:

19. trevorjk

trevorjk Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2009 Netherlands

But its the only trade material i got. That and i live a short car ride from the abbey now. Ill probably have a few extra bottles with me to share/trade (relatively cheaply)

Just called my brother, he is going to pick me up 2 bottles.

20. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (5,941) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Ah fair enough, by all means come home and share the Westy wealth :slight_smile:

Your avatar creeps the heck out of me. Yeah I'm not sure what NG's distro to smaller towns/areas is like. Would Liquor Central off of US-12 not have BW?

21. ppohio

ppohio Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2011 Minnesota

Ha I know it is horrible isn't it. I poured a Scuplin a couple years and that skull emerged in the foam. I drank it anyway. "So metal."

I will check out Liquor Central - I'm not too familiar with this part of Wisconsin, I am usually visiting family a lot farther north (New Richmond), and have always had good luck in Janesville on my way up there. Now i just need to find an excuse to slip away and do a little driving around... Thanks for the heads up!

22. Amill1046

Amill1046 Initiate (0) Nov 3, 2010 Wisconsin

They definitely had it Friday they only got 2 cases he might not of put it out yet.. You'll have to ask Chris the manager

23. mychalg9

Dang, well I wont be back up there for a while but I'll remember that in the future.

24. bmony26

bmony26 Initiate (117) May 2, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

Quite a bit of the 20th made it to Central WI.

25. natethamac

natethamac Initiate (0) Jun 1, 2013 Wisconsin

Got it here in La Crosse tonight after work. Was just browsing Festival and there it was, had to try it. Quite a treat!

26. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin

I live by powers lake haha has fox river spirits been getting anything decent in lately? I use to always stop there after disc golf but they usually just had regular offerings which were diminishing, and freshness was an issue.

27. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2012 Illinois

My buddy brought a bottle home from Madison last night. . . . We cracked it at the bar among a few people...Everyone, including myself, thought it was quite taste and thoroughly enjoyable.

I might take the trek across the border (of Wisco hehaha) to grab a few more bottles while they're still prevalent . .

28. mychalg9

When we went in there the other day they didn't have very much of anything, seems like their inventory has seriously declined. Blair (the owner) said something like "We've got to break down our inventory before we build it back up again" but Im not really even sure what that means. I should note that we are from IL so we usually go there to get the nice mix-6 options of WI beer, but even the mix-6 shelf was looking pretty bare. I'm hoping they aren't going out of business. Oh and we have friends that have a lake house on Powers Lake so we go there a few times a year.

29. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

it means that he is probably not selling any craft beer at all due to his location.

30. Soneast

Soneast Champion (826) May 9, 2008 Wisconsin

Looks like they have cases of the stuff on the floor at Viking in Baraboo. And yet, no Berliner Weiss yet? Or that is to say, they haven't removed the old IIPA and Winter Warmer from the cooler to make room for the Berliner Weiss. :astonished: If they're waiting for that Winter Warmer to sell out, I think it will be awhile. :slight_frown:

31. chazmcbro

chazmcbro Initiate (0) Sep 7, 2010 Wisconsin

Would love to IP trade for some Westy if you end up wanting to do that when you come home.

32. mykey120

thats exactly y i stopped going there last summer lol it was always the same beers but there was always less and less. I know kenosha is kinda far, especially if you're already traveling to that area but a woodmans/tenutas trip is always well worth it. tenutas has great italian food/groceries and a nice beer selection, and woodmans rocks

mychalg9 likes this.
  33. mychalg9

yeah that would be like an 80 min (one way) drive for me at least, but I may have to try it sometime. Although at that point I might be inclined just to drive to Discount in Milwaukee.

34. mykey120

kenosha would probably be on the way! woodmans is always pretty much the cheapest and they get some nice suprises sometimes, maybe next time you are up here for the weekend take a trip to kenosha. woodmans is probably a half hour drive and its right off 50, let me know if you wanna get together for a beer or something sometime when you are up! cheers!

mychalg9 likes this.
  35. Larrygto

Larrygto Initiate (0) May 28, 2012 Arizona

Timers in Racine had at least a case on the self today.

36. nsmartell

nsmartell Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2007 Wisconsin

Plenty of this sitting on the shelf at Metro Mart in Brookfield this morning.

37. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2013 Illinois

Otto's in Milwaukee up on Brown Deer had 2+ cases on the floor. A few miles down the road Martha's had multiple Wisconsin Belgian Red in the cooler. Picked up 2 & there were still more.

BrownAleMale likes this.
  38. ackeeper

ackeeper Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2008 Illinois

Is there any of this brew currently available in the Lake Geneva area?

39. sherm1016

sherm1016 Initiate (197) Aug 10, 2009 Wisconsin

They had it at the Piggly Wiggly a few weeks ago. Should also be available at Bruno's and Sonoma Cellars (Delevan).

40. stayclean

stayclean Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2012 Wisconsin

Split the bottle I picked up last weekend with the wife last night, we both agreed that we need to buy more this weekend (if it's still around on the East Side, at least).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.