New Holland to Texas?

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by jkn09, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkn09

jkn09 Aspirant (275) Oct 17, 2012 Texas

I searched to see if anyone had mentioned this, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if New Holland has expansion plans to Texas? I ask because the inaugural Brewer's Ball to be held in Dallas has a brewer listing, and the only one not currently in distribution in Texas is New Holland. Here's the link to the listing: http://beerblog.dallasnews.com/tag/brewers-ball/

JJFoodie likes this.
  2. aschwab

aschwab Zealot (501) Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Intriguing. They are not TABC approved yet. They would have to be to be served. They would also need label approvals.

I could see it being something stupid like someone who has no idea about beer made the site and put new holland instead of new Belgium (or along those lines).

3. rjtx000

rjtx000 Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Texas

I had an Andrews Rep tell me they were talking to NH and Funkwerks out of CO but nothing set in stone yet.

tx_beer_man likes this.
  4. aschwab

5. TTUJohn

TTUJohn Initiate (164) Nov 13, 2012 Texas

Yup. And then 2 releases later the same people complaining they only make a BB stout over and over

tx_beer_man likes this.
  6. TTUJohn

Please be true. Especially on funkwerks

7. jkn09

jkn09 Aspirant (275) Oct 17, 2012 Texas

I thought about the a potential NB/NH screwup too, but NB is on the list too.

8. TTUJohn

Such a tease.

9. gtermi

gtermi Meyvn (1,204) Apr 21, 2010 Texas

Please God be Crooked Stave

tx_beer_man and cultclassic89 like this.
  10. TTUJohn

Honestly that would not surprise me. Based on where else they are distro'd and their similarities with JK and Prairie

There are a few others on my wish list but that is probably 1, unless I'm blanking on another one

11. Texasfan549

Texasfan549 Poo-Bah (2,812) Feb 26, 2011 Texas
    Society Trader

Pretty pretty please on Funkwerks and Crooked Stave!!

12. pushstartnow13

pushstartnow13 Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Texas

New Holland will have "limited distribution" in N TX by Nov.. Sweetwater and Nebraska by the end of the year. There are more at this point that are in talks and or awaiting contracts. Any distributor in their right mind has constant conversations with all the breweries you could imagine including ones mentioned above. But as discussed in many threads, entering TX is a big step financially and logistically and some breweries have zero desire to come to TX anytime soon if at all.
    Hope this provides a small peek behind the curtain.
    Have a great weekend and keep raising glasses to better beer!

13. aschwab

So...only DFW.

Damn.

14. mindswoop

mindswoop Initiate (100) Dec 22, 2011 Texas

They also sent at least one keg of their collab sour wild ale with upslope...convenient truth for wishful thinking on my part.

15. pushstartnow13

pushstartnow13 Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2011 Texas

From what I know they are "testing the waters" in NTX to start...what that means I have no idea.

16. aschwab

What it means is that I am not happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.