Great Britain New Marks and Sparks

Discussion in 'Europe' started by paxton1978, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paxton1978

paxton1978 Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

popped in today and saw that they had 3 new beers- a heather honey ale from Black Isle and two single hop beers- a Hallertau (brewery name escapes me) and one from Elgood's (but this time the hop variety escapes me- Sovereign, perhaps?) The sound of none of them really bowls me over, to be honest. I'll be waiting till the Adnams Summer IPA is back in stock. Assuming summer ever arrives, that is!

2. Zimbo

Zimbo Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2010 United Kingdom (Scotland)

I think I saw Adnams Summer IPA in M&S on the weekend. I'll need to check though.

3. paxton1978

paxton1978 Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2008 United Kingdom (England)

WHAAAAAT? Wunderbar news. Although I'm currently on a beer-hiatus until cinco de mayo. Bah!

4. Zimbo

Zimbo Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2010 United Kingdom (Scotland)

Yep, its there. But judging from the 06/2013 BBD I'd say the bottles I saw have been camping in the local M&S since last summer.

5. ReluctantScoop

ReluctantScoop Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2012 United Kingdom (England)

Hallertau is Crouch Vale (so read that as Brewers Goldish)

6. CwrwAmByth

CwrwAmByth Poo-Bah (1,702) Jan 24, 2011 United Kingdom (England)

Their single hop beers have been pretty nice so I might check that out. I don't mean to boast but, my mum got me an m&s gift card at Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • Subscribe to BeerAdvocate Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Subscribe