New Memphis Brewery coming- Wiseacre Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'South' started by harperman69, Feb 21, 2013.

1. harperman69

harperman69 Feb 11, 2009 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

2. CruisaC

CruisaC Sep 3, 2010 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Kellan is a buddy from college. Excited to see what he and Davin will bring to Memphis. They've put a lot of hard work into this.

3. Jimski123

Jimski123 Feb 10, 2013 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Im excited....Memphis is still a craftbeer desert but 3 new breweries in year, cant complain about that.

4. CaptainPiret

CaptainPiret Oct 5, 2009 Luxembourg

I just hope these new breweries don't offer the standard lineup of brown ales, pale ales and IPAs. Not that it's a bad thing to get more locally brewed beer — Memphis certainly needs it — but I'd be really excited if these new breweries put out some interesting, unique beers.

5. CruisaC

CruisaC Sep 3, 2010 Ohio
    Beer Trader

I have it on good authority that in addition to a more standard lineup of traditional styles, Wiseacre is headed up by very talented brewers who will be brewing outside of the box and specialty offerings. Should be fun to see. I'm happy for Memphis.

CaptainPiret likes this.
  6. harperman69

Beer Trader

I kind of figured that given their pedigree.

7. CaptainPiret

Great, thanks for the info.

8. Jimski123

Jimski123 Feb 10, 2013 Tennessee
    Beer Trader

Yes and High Cotton most certainly is not going to brew your run of the mill brew. If im not mistaken all theyve been serving so far is like a saison and a scotch ale so expect some experimentation. Hopefully we can get some local BA or Wild ales....

9. CaptainPiret

I know Mike Lee (of High Cotton) has brewed some great stuff, so that alone makes me hopeful.

10. Bartinator

Bartinator Jul 12, 2011 Tennessee

This is exciting. It's a 90 minute drive to Memphis but after reading some posts today, will be worth it more and more.

11. harperman69

Beer Trader

That's how far it is for me too. I'm traveling from Selmer to get there.

12. Bartinator

Bartinator Jul 12, 2011 Tennessee

Nice! I realize I'm not alone down here anymore, haha.

13. Volsdawg10

Volsdawg10 Mar 29, 2013 Mississippi

This is great news for Memphis. It's hard to believe that before Wiseacre, and the two other new ones, High Cotton and Memphis Made, that Memphis only really had Ghost River and Boscos. I wish all these breweries the best of luck and can't wait to try out the new craft beers. Cheers Memphis.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe