New Mexico Red Chile

Discussion in 'Beer & Food' started by JoeDurp, Sep 28, 2013.

1. JoeDurp

JoeDurp Nov 5, 2011 Texas

This isn't a beef chili its a sauce

2. texasdrugaddict

texasdrugaddict Oct 11, 2012 New Mexico

Huh?

You asking or telling. You are correct though. New Mexico Red Chili is a sauce poured on Enchiladas,Tamales,etc... I love it. I make mine out of the pods. The store bought brand Buno is ok but i can't stand the podwer. I boil the pods for 20mins and the throw them in the blender with some salt, garlic, onion podwer and blend til its creamy.

Now I want some Red Chili chicken enchiladas.

3. JoeDurp

JoeDurp Nov 5, 2011 Texas

Sorry haha I just wanted to know what to pair with it and didn't want ppl to confuse it with chili

4. texasdrugaddict

texasdrugaddict Oct 11, 2012 New Mexico

Its pair good with most IPAs and Pale Ale. The avg. red chili is sauce is Mild to Hot. So IPAs tend to go good with it. Founders Allday works great with some Hot Red Chili smoother burritos. Get you some Flak steaks, grill them up and slice them, put them in a tortilla, pour some Red chili on the meat and put some cheese on top. then roll it up and you got a killer burrito.

5. Chinon01

Chinon01 Jan 23, 2007 Pennsylvania

I would never pair an IPA w/ a spicy chili sauce. I'd pair something slightly malty and sweet to counter the heat. Dunkel, Dunkelweiss, Weizenbock, Vienna, etc.

6. USAF77

USAF77 Oct 21, 2013 Illinois

A Pschoors Weisse then. It has never dissapointed with food.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe