New Orleans restaurant w/ craft beer recommendations?

Discussion in 'South' started by beeragent, Feb 11, 2020.

1. beeragent

beeragent Meyvn (1,316) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Society

I'll be traveling though New Orleans in March and am looking for a recommendation for a restaurant that serves good Cajun/creole but also has a solid tap list. I've searched this site, google, ect. and am having a hard time finding a restaurant that has both, so any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Aspirant (254) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana
    Trader

Just enjoy the food then go to a brewery or bottle shop after. Plenty of amazing restaurants here.

3. jeebeel

jeebeel Initiate (177) Jun 17, 2003 Texas

4. Ostpies

Ostpies Initiate (89) Nov 3, 2015 New Zealand (Aotearoa)

Cochon is a great place to eat.

Robyn likes this.
  5. darktronica

darktronica Poo-Bah (2,160) Aug 29, 2014 Indiana
    Society Trader

Yep, came here to recommend Cochon; they usually have a solid list of local craft, and the food is great. Eat there, then walk down to Courtyard Brewery and/or Avenue Pub afterwards.

6. Nhens0016

Nhens0016 Aspirant (254) Aug 23, 2013 Louisiana
    Trader

courtyard isn’t open yet

7. zachattack12

zachattack12 Initiate (39) Apr 14, 2019 Kentucky
    Trader

Go to Dat Dog. The place is awesome.

8. BoardwalkBock

BoardwalkBock Zealot (567) Aug 18, 2012 New York

Are they remodeling or is this their first true “taproom”? I was walking there yesterday but got sidetracked by Peche and never made it. I was going to walk down there today but if it’s not open to the public I’d save myself some time (and disappointment).

Also going to Cochon tonight. Can’t wait.

For the OP: We ate at Cafe Amelie last night in the courtyard. Great food and atmosphere. They didn’t have a killer beer list but they did have a few good options. I had Parish Envie - it was really tasty.

9. beeragent

beeragent Meyvn (1,316) Aug 16, 2005 Texas
    Society

Thanks for the recommendations!!