New York this summer

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by anthony23cippy, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony23cippy

anthony23cippy Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2014 Maine

I'll be porting in Staten Island this summer in late July for a few days (I'm from Maine) any suggestions on beers and breweries to get and visit? Appreciated!

-Anthony

2. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

Other Half, Singlecut, Finback, Transmitter, Carton in NJ. But... you should prob re-post this in mid-atlantic (or wait for the mods to move it) because that is where NY chat goes on. Have fun.

3. anthony23cippy

anthony23cippy Initiate (0) Aug 2, 2014 Maine

4. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,158) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

Tons of threads on this in Mid Atlantic forum. Great time to be in NYC with so much great beer being produced here.

5. RJIV

RJIV Initiate (0) Mar 14, 2015 New Jersey

In addition to all the big boys, I'd recommend doing the four breweries in LIC (they are all within walking distance of one another). Start at Transmitter and end at LIC Brewing or vice versa. You can either plot the path out prior to leaving or take a map from the first brewery you go to. You will end up seeing LIC Beer, Big Alice, Rockaway Brewing and Transmitter. If you go on a weekend you can stop by the LIC Market across from Rockaway Brewing (lot of local and different food to try).

6. JoshVelez

JoshVelez Initiate (0) Mar 23, 2015 New York

If you are looking for hoppy beers in the same style of those in Maine ( bissell brothers/ Maine beer) I'll go to LIC beer project, keg and lantern in Brooklyn , Singlecut and Gun hill they have all made strides in making their own takes on the east coast IPA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.