Next Chicago Whale IPA

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by HouseofWortship, Mar 9, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship Pooh-Bah (2,629) May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

2. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Grand Pooh-Bah (5,364) Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

3. P739397

P739397 Zealot (524) Feb 13, 2017 Washington
    Trader

I've been a few times, the beers have been decent. It's worth going for the food though and the outdoor space in good weather.

4. HawksBeerFan

HawksBeerFan Maven (1,354) Dec 24, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

I was there last Friday actually, the food was delicious and the beer was solid but not amazing. Their pale ale was definitely the best one I had though.

5. buntinjp

buntinjp Aspirant (236) Dec 14, 2015 Illinois

Woah, it's walking distance from mine, too. Howdy, neighbor!

Edited to add: I've had their beer, it's nothing I would ever seek out, but serviceable when eating there.

6. Jaycase

Jaycase Grand Pooh-Bah (3,554) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

"Is this the line for the beer release?"
    "Uh no, it's the Communion line."
    "Oh ok. Waiting to meet someone here for an in person trade. Do they allow bottle shares here?"

7. flat_lander

flat_lander Pooh-Bah (2,384) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

This is all very entertaining on many levels. One of which being for anyone who is a fan of metal, brewer is clearly wearing a Lamb of God t-shirt in his photo. Which is funny because they are by no means a Christian band, and actually used to be called Burn the Priest before they changed their name to LoG. There's probably a catchy name for a blood orange IPA in my ramblings there.

Hopguy91 and HouseofWortship like this.
  8. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Savant (1,149) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

His Deicide shirt was in the wash

ScottRansom and flat_lander like this.
  9. Hopguy91

Hopguy91 Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2017 Illinois

Hey guys, my name is Eric Plata. A buddy of mine forwarded this thread to me and we had a good laugh. I don't think the article was clear enough. I am in no way affiliated with this church or any church for that matter. I saw this opportunity as a chance to do something unique in the craft beer world. As far as this being the next "whale", no its not. But I think it's pretty good. So if you get the chance to try the small bottle run, I hope you enjoy. Lastly, I am no longer at Peckish Pig. I'm the head brewer of a brewery in Glenview, IL called Macushla Brewing Co., beers will certainly be different from PP. In a good way. If any of you are around the area in July when we plan to open, let's have a pint. Cheers!

10. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Hey Eric! Welcome to BA and thanks for the post. Occasionally, in between being way too totally cereal about beer, some of us have a good time on here. Glad you got a laugh out of it. Congrats and good luck in your new endeavors, and if I'm ever up that way I'll be sure to stop in, sample some, and hopefully listen to some good music. Still waiting for someone to do my Neuroris collab of Through Silver In Blood Orange IPA...maybe that should be you :wink:. I'll be at their Chi show in July if anyone else happens to be going...

jaysker95 and Hopguy91 like this.
  11. Hopguy91

Hopguy91 Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2017 Illinois

Although it would be cool, I don't see Neurosis being played. Maybe when the owner is out of town!

flat_lander likes this.
  12. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Savant (1,149) Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

Didn't know they were touring, I may be there too

flat_lander and Hopguy91 like this.
  13. flat_lander

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Yep. July 28 at Thalia. I believe with Converge.

ericfoster83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.