1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.
Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

NFL 33 Club

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Damian74Shensky, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian74Shensky

Damian74Shensky Dec 7, 2012 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

Hi fellow beer advocates. I'm gonna run a Lif to go with the NFL season. Have 15 BAers already looking for 17 more plus a few alternates in case someone drops out, since we have 2 months until the season starts. I will video tape and post the team random drawing and explanation of rules.

Score 33 Pts win or lose.
    Next I will break up the BAers in 4 groups of 8.
    The first 8 picked start at week 1. Then 8 more will start week 5( unless someone hits in the first 4 weeks)

Example. Week 3 Jimmy hits! Jimmy gets 44 oz from the first 8 BAers Now the 8 that were picked to start week 5 as beer senders now move up to week 4! There will be no gaps in the season. So it looks like this 8 beer senders start week 1(very unlucky since someone is bound to hit 33) another 8 in week 5 (unless some hits 33 in first for weeks) then the next 8 senders start week 9( unless 2 hits happen before week 9) then the last 8 senders( the luckiest bunch since less weeks for a chance of a hit starts week 13 unless 3 hits happen before week 13)

If no one hits in the first 4 weeks, the 8 beer senders roll over into the next 8 senders.
    What's that mean? No hits first four weeks those 8 senders are now combined with the 8 senders for week 5! So jimmy hits week 7! He now receives 16 boxes!
    If two BAers hit the same week, they split the boxes.
    If you are a sender and you hit, you receive from the other senders and box from yourself;)
    Season will end if all 32 senders send or no one hits. If no one hits all year, no one loses any boxes.
    Last season it happened 3 times. So that would mean the last 8 senders wouldn't lose anything.
    So the most you can win is 31 boxes! How? We get to week 13 and no one hit 33 Pts yet, then your team does! That's everyone sending you boxes!
    So this is such a random luck game.
    You hope to draw a high scoring team, but not always a determine factor. You Definitly don't want to draw one of the first 8 beer senders, since chances are the is someone gonna hit at least once this season. You draw week 1 your in for the whole season as a sender you draw week 5 your in from that point on as a sender(of course even longer if some one hits in the first 4 weeks)

So in a nutshell:
    1. 44oz good quality beer
    2. Random Drawn NFL Team
    3. Team needs to score 33pts final score win or lose
    4 random drawn senders week1 (8 people) week 5(8 more barring any hits in first 4 weeks)week 9 (8 more etc) week 13(last 8)
    5. 2 or more winners hit they split ( if 4 people hit they split what ever box total were at)
    Example 4 guys hit week 11 no one hit yet, that's 24 boxes split.
    6. No gaps in beer sending schedule! If some one hits early or say someone hits week 5, now the 8 people drawn for week 9 move all the way up and start from week 6 (bad luck but it is what it is) No Gaps.
    7. If all 4 groups give beer out game is over. Example hits in weeks 2,6,8,12 weeks 13 and on are worthless there's no more beer. Game is also over after week 17 of course with or without any winners.
    8. If you are a sender and you hit you still get the total number of boxes minus your own. Example you hit week 4, you get the other 7 boxes.
    9. Group of 8 will rollover into the next group of 8 if no hits occur.
    Example week 9 comes and no one hit during weeks 5-8, the senders from week 5 now merge with senders from week 9 so 16 senders!

All this might look complicated but it's not. I will post the team drawing July 20th. Then the beer sending order July 27th. I will be on vacation and a lot of ot in August, that's why so early. I will answer any questions on here or beermail I can even give you my number doesn't matter whatever you need to understand. I have 15 so far looking for 17 more and maybe 3-4 alternates.

Thank you
    Cheers!
    Damian

ant880 likes this.
  2. smonice

smonice Aug 10, 2012 New Jersey

In. BM Sent!

3. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

I hate typing on my iPhone it but hers what I am typing especially the darn auto correct.

4. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Cool thanks, will keep you updated!

5. chriltz

chriltz Mar 21, 2010 Illinois

I'll donate 44 oz of beer to somebody...I'm in.

Damian74Shensky likes this.
  6. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Awesome! You are number 17!

Cheers!

7. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Just one more I forgot to mention delivery window. I think it should be 4-6 weeks after someone hits the senders should send.

Example someone hits week 2 the senders need to send 4-6 weeks after that day he hit. Just because who wants to wait until the end of the season 17 weeks then another month or so after that? I wouldn't. Hope that is cool with the 17 in so far.

8. Bjohnston

Bjohnston Dec 24, 2011 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

9. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Sweet just send me your info before the season, Thanks. Your 19 in the team draft.

Cheers!

10. Kwaide

Kwaide Jul 11, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Ill get in on this. It would be super sweet to get the Vikings. yes a Virginia Boy thats a Vikings fan,

11. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

You sir are #19 in the draft. Thanks.

Cheers!

12. Kwaide

Kwaide Jul 11, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

you still have my info from the NHL playoff?

13. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Yes sir, your good to go!

14. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

21 fellow BA'ers already! People must be excited for some beer and oh yeah Football! And here I thought I did this too early? ;)

15. jdhowe

jdhowe Mar 18, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

I love arbitrarily making NFL games even more interesting -- in if I can join. :)

richkrull and Damian74Shensky like this.
  16. leftoverburrito

leftoverburrito Sep 29, 2011 Oregon

BM sent. And its never too early for football!

17. landrewg

landrewg Nov 11, 2008 Michigan
    Beer Trader

I like the sound of this. I would like to be in.
    I would like to get the Lions, at least they can score!

18. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

You sir draft 24, maybe get lucky and get your Lions. Send info anytime before season starts. Thanks.

19. richkrull

richkrull Dec 4, 2010 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Interesting pool. Sign me up.

20. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Good deal sir! You draft 25th! Good luck.

21. Sidebordz

Sidebordz Apr 23, 2011 New York
    Beer Trader

In....looks fun! Let me know and I will send my info

22. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Any PJ fan can join! ;) You drafT 26th. Send me your info thanks.

23. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

I would like to get my Eagles but if I don't I just hope I dont get NYG or Dallas! I would hate to keep monitoring them and hoping they hit since I dislike them so much! ;) well maybe Ill feel better if I got one of them and they hit 33 but lose. That would be ok then.

jdhowe likes this.
  24. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Got some Giants fans fired up! Lol, 2 Spots left. Plus need a few alternates.

Cheers!

25. tommyguz

tommyguz May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

It is randomly selected for teams right?

26. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Yes Sir, when your number comes up I will select a team from the good Eagles hat! It will be video taped and posted July 27th.

Cheers!

27. lucas1801

lucas1801 Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

Am I in time?

28. jdhowe

jdhowe Mar 18, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

E-A-G-L-E-S ... Jaguars? :(

I'll see what the ordained hat gives me, even if it's Blaine Gabbert. (sorry Jags fans... and yes, I know he started performing better once he cut off the hair...)

29. lucas1801

lucas1801 Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

I will take my home town Pats lol, even without everyone we can get a 33.

30. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Your drafting 5th, one of the first ones to join....I thought anywayso_O I believe in the hockey thread you stated your in, if not I guess I'm Psychic, maybe?

31. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Its randomly drawn. probably better that way since the Pats will average 20 points a game this season. ;)

32. TriageStat

TriageStat Sep 20, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

I'm down to run this.

33. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

You will draft 30th! I'll need your address, I don't have it anymore. Thanks!

34. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

I think i'll just need :
    Stinger80OH, Hotmetal1, Duff27, Ante880,Benny3000, Tommyguz, Browniewithnuts, and TriageStat's

addresses. No rush.

35. Devi0us

Devi0us May 3, 2011 California

Can I get the last spot?

36. Damian74Shensky

Beer Trader

Yes sir, you draft 31st! Just send me your address info please.

Cheers!

37. funhog

funhog Mar 8, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

38. AndrewSmith

AndrewSmith Jan 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Damn, can't wait for the season to start now.

39. AndrewSmith

AndrewSmith Jan 27, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

Thanks, I miss that sign, but i will be seeing it in 4 days! very excited to return to the homeland for a couple days

40. Benny3000

Benny3000 Apr 4, 2012 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Go Lions!

AJDePaul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • BeerAdvocate Microbrew Invitational

Join us June 2-3, 2017 in Boston, Mass. for beer, cider, mead, kombucha and sake from over 70 small producers.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe