NFL Survival Pool 2015-16 BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by dannyfayy, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAEmick

SAEmick Aspirant (218) Jan 16, 2010 Illinois

Was gone all weekend at a Pond Hockey Tournament, so just now getting a chance to post.

@kennyo hit me with an awesome box:

[​IMG]

• Black Hog: Granola Brown Ale
    • Captain Lawrence: Palate Shifter Imperial IPA
    • Barrier Brewing: Money IPA
    • Barrier Brewing: Imposter
    • Finback: BQE
    • Two Roads: Unorthodox RIS
    Thank you again for the awesome hookup here!!

Cheers!!

2. saoconno

saoconno Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2015 Massachusetts

A box from @funhog arrived yesterday. For some reason BA will not let me post a photo, so this is what it contained:

- New Glarus R&D Bramble Berry Bourbon Barrel
    - New Glarus Thumbprint Scream IIPA
    - New Glarus Thumbprint Berliner Weisse
    - Bruery Oude Tart w/ Cherries
    - Bruery Tart of Darkness
    - Almanac Golden Gate Gose
    - Half Acre Ginger Twin
    - Guinness wall mount bottle opener

These are all new beers for me, and awesome variety! Thank you for the killer box, your generosity is greatly appreciated.

FiremanChris, SAEmick and dannyfayy like this.
  3. emptyglassagain

emptyglassagain Champion (895) Jun 3, 2012 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I got a box the other day from @dmbforever . Some of you might not be aware so quick backstory... an original shipper didn't come despite the efforts of @dannyfayy who tried to reach out multiple times and showed a lot of patience after being put in a spot he sholdn't have had to deal with. @dmbforever kindly offered to ship a box in his place and sent a really nice box full of greatness.

The first beer I opened was a Duck Rabbit Milk Stout. It was something I had a few years before at one of the BA events and was actually wearing the T-shirt of that beer when I opened the box which was pretty cool!!!
    A Sexual Chocolate was a super sweet surprise! Something I've heard great things about and will be really excited to try. Thanks so much for the opportunity.
    3 different New Glarus beers were also included. Wisconsin Belgian Red, Raspberry Tart, and Serendipty. I am sad to say I haven't had a single NG beer yet but happy to say I will be getting to try 3! These look really nice!
    A 2014 Abyss from Deschutes. Another beer I've been wanting to try but haven't had the chance until now. So excited!
    A Cow Boss from CC. I really love Milk Stouts (hence the Duck Rabbit t-shirt among others) but know the Cow Boss is going to be a really nice drink some night in the not too distant future. Looking forward to that one for sure!
    And if that wasn't enough there was a Hunter Vanilla included too. I haven't been fortunate enough to try anything from Hunter either which makes this even more wonderful.

[​IMG]

What was even better than the beers sent though was the spirit that was shown. It is that spirit that makes BA such a cool place. Thanks again @dmbforever! Each of the beers you sent hit a home run but it was your generosity in the true spirit of BIF that really put a smile on my face.

funhog, Dan_K, SAEmick and 4 others like this.
  4. dannyfayy

dannyfayy Disciple (362) Feb 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Wow, crazy generous box @dmbforever !!! Thanks so much for your help !!

5. dannyfayy

Trader

SAEmick likes this.
  6. dannyfayy

Trader

8 more boxes to go, and this one is all wrapped up !!

7. DerrickW

DerrickW Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 Georgia

I know @dannyfayy has had a little difficulty with some shippers recently, but I want to take some time to acknowledge one of the awesome ones that blew me away today. @HoppySeb crushed my porch with this epic box!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure every one of these beers was on my Wants list and Seb crushed it with generosity!

Thanks again Seb for the awesome box! This Hoponius Union is killer!

Cheers
    DW

8. HoppySeb

HoppySeb Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 Washington

Enjoy dude!! Congrats again and sorry for the delay!
    Cheers!

FiremanChris and dannyfayy like this.
  9. FiremanChris

FiremanChris Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 California

Box from mike0802 arrived yesterday full of some North East shelf turds :wink:

[​IMG]

All new beers to me minus the Julius, which I love. Never heard of Rushing Duck Brewery so I'm excited to try War Elephant. I've had reg Fort Point as well as DDH & Galaxy Hopped. All 3 are world class and I'm sure that Mosaic Hopped FP will be a real treat. Cant wait try both Trillium beers and I'm absolutely frothing to try Green.

Mike got the banhammer a while ago and still sent the box anyway. It would've been easy to just disappear without a trace but he still made good on his commitment to send. Classy move and thanks again to @dannyfayy for helping it along.

Big thanks Mike if you are lurking. Killer box. Much appreciated bro, you made my day!!

10. emptyglassagain

Society Trader

Just got to open a great box from @TheCaptain99 !!!
    http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb340/mrericshaw/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-02/A9D9F44B-56FF-4740-ACFF-FE0C66D8E8D4_zps61sc1dqm.jpg

Both a BBA version and regular Sexual Chocolate! Awesome!!!
    Wicked Weed Freak of Nature IIPA. Can't wait to try this one!
    A 2012 BCBS! Adds to my vertical and won't last much longer now!
    A pair of Scythe Rye IPAs from Burial which are new to me and look so good!

Thanks soooo much @TheCaptain99!!!

11. emptyglassagain

Society Trader

[​IMG]
    Nice... Wrong link. Let's try again.

12. dannyfayy

Trader

Only 5 more boxes to go !!

13. averagjoe3

averagjoe3 Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2012 Connecticut

14. DerrickW

Box just landed from @corm44. Can't wait to try these brews Dustyn! Thanks again for the box. Looks like my buddy Martin can't wait either!

Cheers,
    DW

[​IMG]

SAEmick, HoppySeb and JNForsyth like this.
  15. johnyb

johnyb Crusader (796) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Trader

Kudos to @kevinrivers. I know he had some concerns over his participation here in this BIF and he sent some nice beers. Class move.

jshusc and dannyfayy like this.
  16. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,806) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Hey @bluemooncanyon where are you from? Sending out Pizza Boy means probably around me.

Edit: I see you're from MD so never understand the question.

17. dannyfayy

Trader

@SP23 sorry man, I totally forgot to post the pic of your box to Ethan. I will post tomorrow.
    My make up box to Chris went out yesterday. And 1 more should be landing this week. After those 2, just 1 box remaining.

18. FiremanChris

FiremanChris Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 California

Last box of the NFL Survivor winnings landed today from our esteemed commish, @dannyfayy. Dan stepped up to send this box to me when "jameson pa" went MIA. Super classy gesture and totally unnecessary but much appreciated.

[​IMG]

Hop Juju x2- Permawant. Had it once before on tap and loved it.
    Headhunter- Want!
    Nugget Nectar- Heard so many good things about this beer, cant wait to crack it.
    Jackie Os BA Dark Apparition- My 1st Jackie O's beer. Looks amazing!
    Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout- Once again, new beer/new brewery. Stoked!
    Voodoo Good Vibes- New beer/brewery.. Yes Please.
    Big Black Voodoo Daddy- Love the name. New tick.
    And the mystery beer.... "Day 4". Hmmmm... What's the story here Dan? Are you my April Fools BIF sender???

Dan absolutely crushed it with this box.. Huge, huge thanks for the incredible generosity. I hope you don't think that you can just get away with these shenanigans without retaliation. You are now firmly atop "the list" and much like your avatar, payback will come when you least expect it. Thanks again bro! Cheers!

19. dannyfayy

Trader

Haha... well long story, I had put together 6 days in addition to the Hoppy beers, so that you could participate with us. I told Dave. And he told me they figured out a way to squeeze you in. So, I didn't want everyone to get jealous that you got 12 beers and they only got 6. So I just left in days 4-6, but I guess I got lazy, and forgot to take the duct tape off day 4, haha. But that's why the BA dark app and SMS bottles look a little rough..

FiremanChris likes this.
  20. Auslander

Auslander Initiate (197) Sep 12, 2008 Ohio
    Trader

I received a nice box of beers from @oline73 . I will post photos soon.

dannyfayy and FiremanChris like this.
  21. Auslander

Auslander Initiate (197) Sep 12, 2008 Ohio
    Trader

[​IMG]

Here are the cool beers I received from @oline73 .

Coco Fuego
    Sweet Baby Jesus
    Bad Moon Porter
    Oat Potion
    Stone Vertical 7-7-7
    Stone Vertical 9-9-9
    Hair of the Dog Fred
    Free Will The Klagle IPA
    Free Will Mango Wheat
    Hunter Vanilla Milk Stout

Thanks oline73 !

dannyfayy and JNForsyth like this.
  22. DerrickW

Final box landed from @TastyDelicousness and damn did he send some mighty fine brews!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Extreme generosity on this box. Can't wait to try all these excellent brews!

Cheers
    DW

Auslander and RuckIt like this.
  23. TastyDelicousness

TastyDelicousness Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2013 Illinois

If there's something you don't like or have already had, drop me a line I'll gladly replace it

RuckIt likes this.
  24. dannyfayy

Trader

Killer box Tim !!
    That's a wrap for this BIF !! I think I might have 1 more haul from Ethan to post.
    Thanks everyone for sending out some awesome boxes. And thanks to all the winners for posting pictures of the hauls. Hope to see everyone back next year.

DerrickW likes this.
  25. Summer78

Summer78 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2013 Illinois

wow! nice box! that black gold is the best ba stout ive had

dannyfayy likes this.
  26. dtjager

dtjager Initiate (0) May 20, 2014 Illinois

Funny I was going to say the same thing about 18. That's a monster box!

27. dannyfayy

Trader

HoppySeb and JNForsyth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.