NFL Survival Pool 2015-16 BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by dannyfayy, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyfayy

dannyfayy Disciple (362) Feb 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Ok, so I have an idea. Since we all suck (except @katznotdogs ). Thoughts on hitting the reset button, and starting new?

So lets do this. If you are willing to send a box to @katznotdogs , LIKE this post. And if I can get at least 14 (what I proposed to send to 1st place, (hopefully more)) BA's willing to ship to katz now and Possibly (if you dont place top 10) again at the end of the year. Then we will just pretend these first 2 weeks didn't happen, haha.

I know this BIF was never intended to require everyone to ship twice. But I never could have predicted that 58 entries would be eliminated in week 2 !!!!

2. afi4lifer

afi4lifer Initiate (185) Jan 20, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm in - any reason to get the memory of this pool in the past is fine by me.

averagjoe3 and dannyfayy like this.
  3. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Meyvn (1,088) Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Is @katznotdogs going to play round 2. Maybe not eligible to win, but at least can have fun...

4. katznotdogs

katznotdogs Initiate (66) May 8, 2013 District of Columbia

Thanks guys. Definitely the wildest survivor league I've ever been apart of! I would love to play again in round two, regardless of whether or not I'm eligible to place. And you best believe I'd still be in it to win it...

5. kayakandbeer

kayakandbeer Aspirant (231) Aug 16, 2013 Florida
    Trader

So would this mean that we all get a do over? Including the first week losers :slight_smile:

6. SP23

SP23 Disciple (388) Aug 21, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Help us out with some wants

dannyfayy likes this.
  7. dannyfayy

Trader

My personal opinion, he should be able to win. In our mlb 13 run bif we never said someone couldn't win both rounds ?
    Yes. Just a total reset. Haha

8. dannyfayy

Trader

So far we have 10-ish people volunteered to ship to Katz. I think we can get at least 4 more tomorrow. So tomorrow I will go ahead and reset our original league and everyone can make their new selection. Sorry for the confusion.

9. heatwaves

heatwaves Initiate (152) Oct 17, 2009 California

I'm confused. Doesn't everyone have to ship to him?

On another note, every survival league is a pure bloodbath. I have another $10 league with 86 players and there is only 3 left. Craziness!

10. Summer78

Summer78 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2013 Illinois

I also think he should be eligible to win again if we're letting everyone back in.

dannyfayy and sandman3479 like this.
  11. dannyfayy

Trader

So I would love if everyone would ship to him... I think it would be HILARIOUS for him to tell his wife that he has 65 boxes of beer coming.
    But... I'm sure some people will think that its not fair that they didn't have a shot at places 2-10. So as long as we can get 14 people to ship to him, which we should be able to. Then we just start over.

Summer78 likes this.
  12. dannyfayy

Trader

Ok, the original league has been reset. You can make your pick for week 3. Everyone is back in. And you can pick the Saints/Dolphins/Ravens again if you wish !!!

Summer78 likes this.
  13. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Should we delete the "Part Deux" league?

14. katznotdogs

I'm not sure if that would be the best option or the best option... :grimacing:

15. dannyfayy

Trader

I'll look into it. Yahoo is weird sometimes..

16. SP23

SP23 Disciple (388) Aug 21, 2008 California
    Society Trader

We all need to ship if any of us are going to ship.

17. Summer78

Summer78 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2013 Illinois

This is what I hoped would happen, but i realize its asking a lot to ask everyone to double up on shipping

18. kayakandbeer

Trader

@katznotdogs BM me your address again..not sure if i saved it from last years shipment.

19. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Meyvn (1,088) Jun 23, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

I'll send a box to Katz. Then. Let's start again. As for the comment about him not winning, that was when past deux was fit places 2 to 10. All good now!

20. SammyJaxxxx

SammyJaxxxx Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New Jersey

How about a little help with what styles you like, don't like
    anything you are looking for?

21. dannyfayy

Trader

I will be sending a new message to everyone who has volunteered to ship to Katz. And in that message, he can give his address, style preferences. And whether or not he wants a picture of rex ryans wifes foot as a swag item.

PA-Michigander, afish and katznotdogs like this.
  22. FiremanChris

FiremanChris Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 California

I'm in for sending 2 boxes and resetting the league. Just need to know which NFL team swag @katznotdogs wants.

Sidebar: I'm in a $25 survivor pool with just under 700 entries. Around $17K for the winner. Going into week 3 there are under 50 left. Crazy!

23. kayakandbeer

Trader

I'll send him a pic of my wife's and both sisters feet if it i don't have to buy Bills swag again for him.

PA-Michigander and katznotdogs like this.
  24. katznotdogs

Deal! Just make sure the photo is clearly labeled and mail to Exra Yanra, 1 Bills Drive, Buffalo NY. No questions asked...

kayakandbeer likes this.
  25. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (211) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Tons of people didn't pick this week!

PA-Michigander likes this.
  26. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,806) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I see that too. I'm guessing/wondering if they were 'out' for the second round of games. I'm guessing even if not, they are now, ha

27. richkrull

richkrull Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2010 Wisconsin

For the life of me, I can't understand why people got all weird about it and said they were out. There were originally supposed to be 10 spots paid. Since people volunteered to send Katz his winnings, it made sense to start the pool over. All those people who said they were out were still eligible for 2nd-10th place. So what happens now that people are out? I'm guessing # of winning spots and boxes to each winner may need to be adjusted.

PA-Michigander likes this.
  28. PA-Michigander

PA-Michigander Poo-Bah (1,806) Nov 10, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Exactly.

29. HoppySeb

HoppySeb Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 Washington

There were folks like me who were travelling and not really paying attention to the BM who made their pick in the 'Deux' pool. Not sure how many, but i replied to the BM earlier (after games started and i went in to check who everyone else had picked) and @dannyfayy me tioned he'd edit my pick later... may e that's what happened to more people?

30. dannyfayy

Trader

@richkrull I know who you are referring to, he choose to not partake in the "reset". I assigned him to ship to Katz, and someone else took his spot as the 66th participant. So all payouts should remain the same. There hasn't been anyone else who chose to not participate In the reset, that I know of.

I think a lot of people that showed "not picking a team" made their choice on Tuesday under "part deux". And just never logged back on. As @HoppySeb mentioned. I will adjust those choices. And those members will receive a message tomorrow. Just reminding them to make their choices under the original survivor pool. And I will go in "part deux" and remove everyone.

31. johnyb

johnyb Crusader (796) Aug 11, 2012 Florida
    Trader

2 points, just for complete clarity once again since there seems to be a number of people who didn't see previous posts in this thread.

1. Since we did a reset, you CAN use the two teams you selected in weeks one and two once again going forward.
    2. We are using the ORIGINAL league site for making/tracking picks as it has been reset. Please ignore the Part Deaux league.

dannyfayy likes this.
  32. dannyfayy

Trader

Thanks John
    Yes. You CAN use the teams you used in the first 2 weeks (who wants the Saints ??? What a dumpster fire !!).
    And yes.. we are back to the original league site. Part Duex will soon be deleted (or I will just kick everyone out of it).

2 Quick notes. Some people were traveling and never saw the new post that we were back to the original site. Those BA's are: @HoppySeb, @funhog, and @HopDropTheElder . They did make picks on the "Part duex" site, and those 3 were all correct. I have re-invited them to the new site. And asked they use "ba_name2." Just so everyone is aware, and I don't get a ton of messages saying "he was already eliminated." It'll be an honor system going forward for them to not select the same team (funhog and Hopdroptheelder had Seattle, and Hoppyseb had Carolina).

As for the others who didn't select on either of the sites. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do at this point. I sent mass BM's (rather than tagging everyone) to everyone so they would at least get a notification via email.

funhog, richkrull and johnyb like this.
  33. dannyfayy

Trader

I guess I should have made sure my new plan to add them to our league worked first before I posted that.

Scratch this previous post. Those 3 members cannot join the original group since the season has started. So they will continue to pick in "part deux". And I will post their picks on here for everyone to see. #firethecommissioner!!

cosmo4u and funhog like this.
  34. afish

afish Initiate (0) May 5, 2015 Massachusetts

35. mrpeterandthepuffers

mrpeterandthepuffers Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Minnesota

Wonderful job handling this situation, IMO.

sandman3479, cosmo4u, afish and 2 others like this.
  36. HopDropTheElder

HopDropTheElder Initiate (0) Jun 2, 2014 North Carolina

What happens if someone wins part duex league but the other is still going? Will it still allow them to continue to make picks?

37. dannyfayy

Trader

We will cross that path when we get there, haha.

38. HoppySeb

HoppySeb Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2014 Washington

Pretty sure it allows you to pick until you, even if only 1 is left....

dannyfayy likes this.
  39. FiremanChris

FiremanChris Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2014 California

Gonna ride or die with my Chargers today!

cosmo4u and afish like this.
  40. erjaq

erjaq Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2015 California

Same here. Worried about the O-line injuries, but Cleveland is garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.