No Longer a West Texas Beer Lover

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Bigrock, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Bigrock

Bigrock Initiate (73) Feb 4, 2013 Texas

I’m relocating to Kingwood area and starting a new journey in life. I hope to make plenty of rest stops at the many watering holes I’ve been reading about on this forum for years.
    My wife and I went to Ingenious on Sunday. A very lively place, great friendly service, but not really my taste in beer. Would go back just because it was fun...and because my wife likes pastry stouts.
    Was excited to see many of the breweries that I have been reading about but have been unavailable to me represented at the Kroger I shopped at last night.

2. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (1,782) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

You wife will like Brash then. Not to heavy on the pastry stouts, but legit straight up on most stouts that they do. Welcome to Houston. There is a pretty good Specs in your area for beer, hit it up one time when heading out to Louisiana, and there is also a Total Wine down in Humble.

cfh64 and Bigrock like this.
  3. Bigrock

Thanks. I feel like a kid in the candy store. Looked up the Specs and it’s about 5 minutes from me.

4. Spaten454

Spaten454 Disciple (367) Aug 23, 2012 Texas
    Trader

If you're in Kingwood, you might as well venture into Woodlands/Houston to shop at Specs. The Specs off Rayburn has a great selection and they get the limited brews.

Bigrock likes this.
  5. turfy

turfy Aspirant (242) Mar 17, 2010 Texas
    Trader

Brash Cortado is one of my all time favorites

Bigrock likes this.
  6. Bigrock

Where’s a good place to hang out and watch the Astros? (From a Rangers fan. Lol)

7. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Aspirant (272) Aug 16, 2012 Texas

Great Heights is always open late for the Astros games in the post season.

Bigrock likes this.
  8. Bigrock

Thanks! I’m out west for this week, but hopefully the Astros will still be playing next week.