Noble's Big Whig IPA

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by 01Ryan10, Jul 3, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

I am drinking it now for the first time in over 12 months. Outstanding! More zest and fruitier. The bar tender said they started dry hopping it recently and that's the major difference. A+++ will drink again.

2. JohnCassillo

JohnCassillo Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2013 California

When did they change it? Admittedly, only starting drinking it about 12 months ago.

3. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

I just asked the bartender..."about two batches ago". I said 2-3 months ago and he said something like that.

4. j47paco

j47paco Zealot (716) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

Many people overlook this beer. I'm a big fan of it.

5. Redbeerd

Redbeerd Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2013 California

Are they dating their bottles? Last time I checked, they weren't. I loved this beer, but I know it sits for a long time at the local bottle shops, so I kind of pass over it most of the time.

6. sportstsar

sportstsar Zealot (562) Jan 23, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

Tongue Tickles and the Showers series have all had "drink by" dates on the labels. Anyone know if this is the case with newly packaged Big Whig as well?

7. j47paco

j47paco Zealot (716) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

The last couple of bottles that I've seen on the shelf have had a date stamped on them. However, the print was small, blurry and barely legible. Those particular bottles were just under 2 months old, so I passed. I wish they would print the date on the label itself, instead of on the glass. I'll continue to enjoy this beer, but I'll also continue to stick to draft for now.

8. HopHead84

HopHead84 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,144) Nov 29, 2006 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

The bartender thinks they weren't dry hopping it to begin with? In that case, good call by Noble to begin dry hopping their IPA. Hopefully they don't forget to add yeast.

Srsly and Xul like this.
  9. grze

grze Maven (1,460) Apr 17, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Just had it again yesterday at the brewery. It really really is great. My fav beer from them right now next to Naughty Sauce. Rakau or El Dorado don't even get close.

10. freshflesh

freshflesh Zealot (673) Nov 27, 2013 California

I haven't noticed a change. Next time I go to noble I'll try it on tap.

11. Iriepirate21

Iriepirate21 Initiate (0) May 2, 2012 California

Found a bottle at Gelson's in Monarch Beach dated 6/26/14. Gonna give it a go tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.