Not receving email alerts

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Talk' started by kfernandez3, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfernandez3

kfernandez3 Initiate (73) May 12, 2013 Connecticut

Is anyone else having trouble with emails not being sent when a message comes in? I used to get them and, to my knowledge, haven't changed my settings, however in the last few weeks, I no longer get an email when I get a new conversation message. The only way to know if someone sent me a note is to manually sign on and look for the red notification badge above Inbox. Any fixes on this I can do on my end or anyone else having this issue?

2. Todd

Todd Founder (6,717) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

This is not a bug. I can confirm that the system is working and sending alerts, your settings are fine, and mail logs show that emails are successfully being delivered to you.

Perhaps the emails are being filtered into a spam or other folder?

3. kfernandez3

I just checked in all of my folders and there were no email notifications in any of them.

4. Todd

Todd Founder (6,717) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society Trader

Not sure what to tell you. I see them sending on our end, and I see them successfully being received by your email server.

5. kfernandez3

Guess I'll check w/ email provider and revert.

6. markdrinksbeer

markdrinksbeer Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Who is your email provider? Some services will block emails, even from getting to your spam/junk mail based on volume or volume/time period.

Perhaps you can manually add any emails from BA to a "safe list", or try using a secondary provider (assuming you have more than one email address).

7. kfernandez3

Using Gmail. I have a request / inquiry out to them. As far as I know, BA is already on the safe list as all of their emails used to come through and I haven't manually added it to SPAM. Hopefully Gmail can come back to me and let me know if there is maybe an initial firewall that is even preventing it from being delivered to my specific account. Thanks for the suggestion either way!

8. markdrinksbeer

markdrinksbeer Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

As an fyi, I have had a very similar problem to yours with gmail. Notifications from another website stopped arriving, and they were not going to my junk mail either. I changed my notification email address to a hotmail based one, and they arrived with no issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.