News Now Boarding BrewDog Airlines

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Todd, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (5,603) Aug 23, 1996 California
    Staff

More details: http://614now.com/2018/leisure/now-boarding-brewdog-airlines

Harrison8 likes this.
  2. MNAle

MNAle Meyvn (1,010) Sep 6, 2011 Minnesota

"... Booking a seat on the plane is a must for any serious beer lover.”

Ummm... No.

3. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (2,686) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Premium Trader

A few months shy from April 1st...

JackHorzempa and FBarber like this.
  4. CannedWaggoneer

CannedWaggoneer Initiate (85) May 1, 2017 Ohio

BrewDog is all too real, I'm afraid.

RobNewton and Harrison8 like this.
  5. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (2,435) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Premium Trader

Don't fly #bigair support your local craft airline.

Captain Mike, your pilot, spent a lot of time perfecting his flying skills on a flight sim in his garage - now, he's starting his own airline with 3 of his buddies who all quit their white collar jobs for a change of scenery. You'll love the opportunity to fly on a unique airplane every single time (some planes work out better than others). ...

BrewsOverHoes, RobNewton, zid and 5 others like this.
  6. CannedWaggoneer

It's one flight, so how is this the world's first craft beer airline?

Their clickbait gets more and more transparent each time.

7. eldoctorador

eldoctorador Zealot (533) Dec 12, 2014 California

They are the KISS of beer. So over the top that I like them.

ericwo likes this.
  8. Brewday

Brewday Initiate (110) Dec 25, 2015 New York

This was like watching Sharknado. I'd like to try their beer but it's expensive here.

9. Dragginballs76

Dragginballs76 Poo-Bah (2,085) Nov 13, 2015 South Carolina
    Premium Trader

This is so funny!!

RobNewton and FBarber like this.
  10. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (5,549) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Trader

drtth, RobNewton, zid and 1 other person like this.
  11. rgordon

rgordon Champion (852) Apr 26, 2012 North Carolina

Well Mr 21st Century Schizoid Man, I'm not in unless I have a tour of the original Wendy's and all the singles that I could eat. And a round of golf with Jack Nicklaus.

eldoctorador likes this.
  12. CannedWaggoneer

The original Wendy's is closed and torn down. Can I interest you in some Mikey's Late Night Slice?

13. rgordon

I know. But, still, that's what it would take. And throw in a tour of Cow Town! I love Columbus.....

14. Ranbot

Ranbot Zealot (544) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania

I read something similar here which said:
    So BrewDog's Equity for Punks "shareholders" [and I use that term very loosely] get the exclusive right to an outrageously priced flight to Ohio*... :rolling_eyes: ...with some in-flight craft beer... :rolling_eyes: ...More like Equity for Chumps.

* - No offense to Ohioans. I would say the same thing if BrewDog was chartering flights to my area too. At $1,600 for a trans-Atlantic flight there's some stiff competition with other potential destinations, beer-related or otherwise.

15. beertunes

beertunes Poo-Bah (5,549) Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Trader

Well, chartering the plane won't be cheap, and it's likely they'll just have the plane and crew stay there for the duration, which would add to the cost. Some of that is addressed in the airliners.net link I posted upthread.

16. CannedWaggoneer

Be that as it may, it still is a pretty bad way to spend your money. $1600 could buy you one hell of a beercation, especially if you're already in Europe.

EvenMoreJesus likes this.
  17. drtth

drtth Poo-Bah (3,634) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

That price is not just the flight. Also included are accommodations in Columbus and some planned tours/excursions.

https://www.brewdog.com/airline/

beertunes likes this.
  18. EvenMoreJesus

EvenMoreJesus Champion (836) Jun 8, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Premium Trader

I'm only going if my seat is covered in a squirrel.

19. CannedWaggoneer

When you consider End Of The World was like $1600 per bottle, this whole trip seems like a steal.

beertunes, Ranbot and EvenMoreJesus like this.
  20. rgordon

That's true but you still have to care.

beertunes likes this.
  21. spicoli00

spicoli00 Zealot (585) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana

It worked for Hooters!

22. Ranbot

Ranbot Zealot (544) Nov 27, 2006 Pennsylvania

Oh please... They give you 1 night at the Doghouse Hotel out of the 5 nights you'll need a room. Once they have your foot in the door with a "free" night, guess where most people will probably choose to spend the remaining 4 nights [at $160-$180 per night, according to their hotel website]? They will make plenty of money on that "free" room. This trip is planned for February so their hotel would probably be mostly empty anyway, because no one goes to Ohio in February for pleasure.

A typical round trip plane ticket from Heathrow to Columbus in February is $850-$950. You could even stay a night at the DogHouse hotel (+$180) and book a brewery tour (+$100, maybe) for a total around $1,200 vs BrewDog's $1,600 price. Maybe for some people the ~$400 for an in-flight beer tasting is worth it for the experience [which it certainly is]...fine... but it's not a "deal." BrewDog is certainly making money off their "investors"...again. :rolling_eyes:

The Equity for Punks offering is looking like it was a fantastic way to find a pool of people who are susceptible to more cash-grabs. :money_mouth:

EDIT:
    It could get you a hell of beercation in the US too, in better places than Columbus, OH in February.

#22 Ranbot, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  23. Jaycase

Jaycase Meyvn (1,199) Jan 13, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

Hotel accommodation is included. They just don't mention the name of which "downtown Columbus hotel" it is. The optional one night at The DogHouse is an additional fee. Mentions this in the FAQ.

beertunes and drtth like this.