Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99! (Limited time offer, US delivery only)

Oasis Back

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Schmittymack, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Defender (642) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I've seen on Facebook and other news sites that Oasis is back from the dead, brewing at Prost. Has anyone tried them (again) yet? I remember loving their stout and ESB back in the day so I'm anxious to try them again.

2. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poo-Bah (3,463) May 19, 2005 Colorado

I heard rumblings of this as well. I think they kept their artwork format, too. I remember having them in KS, but don't remember much else. I tried to forget that part of my life :confused:

Schmittymack likes this.
  3. Schmittymack

Schmittymack Defender (642) Sep 3, 2008 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

The brewpub in Boulder out on Canyon was nice. Egyptian themed, food was good, and great beer for back in those days. The brewpub was always hopping when I visited....

spoony likes this.
  4. Domingo

Domingo Poo-Bah (2,233) Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Their Oatmeal Stout ("Zoser") was one of the first beers I remember buying here in CO.
    No clue if it was actually good or if I didn't know any better, but I liked it a lot at the time.
    It was really hoppy compared to the mostly English & Irish stouts I was used to.

5. beeeeeeeeeeeer

beeeeeeeeeeeer Initiate (42) Jul 3, 2010 Colorado

IMO: Not good.

MtnSoup likes this.
  6. MtnSoup

MtnSoup Disciple (338) May 20, 2013 Colorado

I concur.

7. spoony

spoony Poo-Bah (1,929) Aug 1, 2012 Colorado
    Supporter Beer Trader

I don't remember being all that impressed with their beers, but holy hell did we have some good times at the place on Canyon. Good thing those walls can't talk.

Re Oasis beer, the competition was scarcer back then and you could buy a house in Boulder for less a million bucks. Simpler times....

• About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.