Oasis Meta-Modern IPA

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by Chuk_Hell, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ehsteve

ehsteve Initiate (77) Jan 13, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

Anyone had Zilker Session IPA yet? I think it's better than this.
  2. mindswoop

mindswoop Initiate (186) Dec 22, 2011 Texas

I see how you read that, but was referring to the inflation of the price once it was discovered as a great beer. YR stared at $9 a growler at WF and hasn't been below $15 since people discovered it.
    StArnoldFan and Dogleg like this.
  3. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Defender (625) Dec 28, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

I quit buying YR awhile back (bottles). Wrong format for the style and the price is whack. Love the beer and still get it on tap whenever it's around.
  4. Bluestar

Bluestar Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2012 Texas

it's kind of funny to me that you can buy this for $8 a six pack in Houston, but it's almost $11 in Austin....

damn hipsters. :wink:

Agreed. Someone needs to buy Lone Pint a canning machine (I wonder if they're accepting outside investment). Tall boys in 4-pack format would be 'da bomb bro! :wink:
  5. Krumb

Krumb Initiate (94) Jan 30, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

All over the place on prices. $7.49 at Specs in Arlington.
  6. Nightwish1094

Nightwish1094 Disciple (335) Apr 24, 2010 Texas
    Beer Trader

Last time I purchased it for 6.99 at Wheatsville. Don't pay 11 dollars for this beer.
    Heretic42, Techichi and Krumb like this.
  7. Persdawg

Persdawg Aspirant (256) Mar 12, 2015 Texas
    Beer Trader

On tap...I liked this.
    But finally budged and paid 8.99 for a 6er...which is a crime in itself.
    And then it's not as great as I remembered it. I thought it had a tad more punch to it.
  8. aschwab

aschwab Devotee (482) Mar 3, 2009 Texas
    Beer Trader

Their Session IPA comes in at 5.5% which I don't really know if I would consider that session.

I still like Meta more, but the Zilker one is solid.
  9. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,336) May 12, 2005 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'll have more to say about austin soon, bit I thought this beer was great.
  10. Chadzero

Chadzero Initiate (149) Dec 20, 2008 Texas
    Beer Trader

Anyone had this recently? The 6-pack I purchased from Mueller HEB last weekend tastes quite a bit different that what I remember. I'm getting a lot more pine character with the tropical notes subdued. Hard to tell if it's just an older batch since there is no date code. Lead me to wonder if they switched things up some due to hop availability issues.
  11. Texasfan549

Texasfan549 Poo-Bah (2,400) Feb 26, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I hope nothing changed, this beer is delicious already!
  12. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Disciple (357) Aug 16, 2012 Texas
    Beer Trader

Great beer when fresh.
  13. HKemhorns

HKemhorns Initiate (137) Apr 12, 2009 Texas

I bought a sixer to revisit this one yesterday. I loved the juicy tropical flavors I got originally, but this was just dead. I'm not sure if it's changed, or old. I'm adding Oasis to the list of breweries that I won't buy from until they start dating cans. Come on Oasis, Southern Star and Cedar Creek!
    Ford, TexasJeep, nsheehan and 3 others like this.
  14. GoPokes

GoPokes Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2013 Texas

I've bought two different 6-packs in the last 4 months, and both were just like this. Sad because this used to be one of my favorites.
    nsheehan likes this.
  15. Can_has_beer

Can_has_beer Savant (932) May 14, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

I haven't noticed an issue in the past month. It's delicious as ever, as far as I'm concerned
  16. Beernerds

Beernerds Initiate (161) Dec 7, 2011 Texas

I've also stopped buying cans of this until they start dating. And less than an hour ago, a friend mentioned he got a dead can at Valhalla over the weekend.
    tx_beer_man and nsheehan like this.
  17. nsheehan

nsheehan Devotee (461) Jul 3, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

Seconded on the dating thing.
    I have friends who recommend Metamodern, esp. as an extra, and I just can't do it without knowing when it was canned.
    Beernerds and tx_beer_man like this.
  18. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Initiate (176) Jan 22, 2013 Texas
    Beer Trader

;( its true
    Beernerds and nsheehan like this.
  19. nsheehan

nsheehan Devotee (461) Jul 3, 2011 Texas
    Beer Trader

I vaguely recall someone telling me that Oasis dated their cases (24 flat pack case), but I've looked at at least 10 recently with no date unless it's tiny or on the bottom.

Cedar Creek is apparently dating six pack holders again or something, so I will re-visit some fresh dankosaurus and might be buying that and no longer be sad about not buying Metamodern.

And where did Oasis' BA account go?