OC bottle share?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by PeprSprYoFace, Jan 21, 2015.

?

Who's Down for a bottle Share?

1. Yes

76.7%
  2. No

4.7%
  3. Maybe

18.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeprSprYoFace

PeprSprYoFace Savant (938) Feb 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Dont know if there are any going on or if there is a regular meeting that goes on but I would like to propose one. I Have a ton of beers in my cellar that need drinking because they are getting to the point where they might be past their prime or in their prime and cant drink them myself because I just keep buying more beer. haha.

I can offer up my apartment complex's party room or If someone has hook ups on a brewery we can do it in or something. But im just looking for interest right now. Who would like to participate? I would say minimum 2-3 bombers of something hard to find. I have a ton of stuff to fill gaps. I live in Rancho Santa Margarita so up in the hills but if someone has something better let me know,

Corey

2. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

I can't do RSM...too far. And...if every person bought 3 bombers...wow, good luck driving. lol.

steeb likes this.
  3. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

I'm always game for bottle sharing.

4. GetMeAnIPA

GetMeAnIPA Defender (649) Mar 28, 2009 California

I live in Laguna Niguel which is like 15 min from RSM. I would be down.

I don't have too many rare beers. Mostly stuff like firestone barrel aged beers. Not sure if that gets me invited or not.

5. JRSD

JRSD Initiate (120) Oct 27, 2006 California

I'm in Fullerton but would definitely like to share some bottles. RSM could be tricky since it seems pretty pricey for Uber, but if we could organize a central point to share one it should be fine.

6. steeb

steeb Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2013 California

I would be down if it were on a weeknight as i only work in OC. Also not too sure about being able to phyiscally walk out of your place after a share with 2-3 bombers/person.

7. j47paco

j47paco Initiate (128) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

I'd be down for this. I'm in Anaheim, but I work in south OC.

8. TTC

TTC Initiate (87) Jul 16, 2013 California
    Trader

RSM is a bit far for me, but would love to do this and was thinking about such a post. For those who fear going that far, is anyone open to The Iron Press?

9. BlazinHazen

BlazinHazen Initiate (70) Feb 12, 2014 California

I like the sound of this the most so far, at least in terms of proximity. I am in Newport Beach. Does the Iron Press allow bottle shares? I have only been there once.

10. TTC

Trader

I've seen them take place there before. I'd imagine we might need to let them know beforehand though (and naturally order food, etc)

11. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

Yeah the 2-3 depended on how many peeps were coming. And im sure some might only bring one. No strict requirements and your stuff doesnt have to be super rare/not distributed in CA as ling as its maybe just a limited release. Just causal. And im down to do this anywhere and I knew RSM would be a drive for some peeps (not bad if you take the toll road) but if someone can get a good central spot I will help them organize/bring a shit ton of awesome beers/do all the work besides securing the spot.

12. jvillefan

jvillefan Champion (838) Sep 3, 2011 New York
    Trader

I'd be down to bring some stuff to the bottle share. I'm in Orange, I don't have a place to offer though.

13. Lostmango

Lostmango Initiate (136) Jun 29, 2013 California

Sorry, even bcbs vanilla didnt get me to go to rsm but iron press would be cool.

heatwaves and GetMeAnIPA like this.
  14. elzacharino

elzacharino Initiate (77) Feb 26, 2014 California

I'd be down. I'm in Anaheim Hills, so RSM is a bit of a haul - with that being said, I'm still open to ideas/options...

15. ezperkins2

ezperkins2 Aspirant (262) Jan 3, 2011 California

I am down. I live right on the border of rsm\mv and have some bottles i can throw in the mix. I have a few local friends that are in as well. Pm me.

16. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

And by awesome beers that I have to share I'm talkin '09 and '10 dark lord, Hunahpu's '14, Black butte XX and up. If you want more see my cellar spreadsheet (that hasn't been updated in forever so it's not 100% accurate but gives you an idea)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Apl73S8KYUm9dG5EOTZRLUV1UkNhM2R6dERSNGtkSkE

17. JRSD

JRSD Initiate (120) Oct 27, 2006 California

When I went to Meat Up bbq in Placentia during soft open, the bartender said to keep an eye on their social media because they were considering holding bottle shares. I wonder if they might be amenable to allowing something.

18. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Poo-Bah (5,767) Oct 13, 2007 Wisconsin
    Society

Bottle share you say....in Orange County? Well, sign me up! An evening tasting different beers sounds like a delight!

19. DRIFF

DRIFF Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2015 California

KCCO....BFM!!!

PeprSprYoFace likes this.
  20. deford

deford Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2013 California

I would be interested...

21. GavinHarper

GavinHarper Initiate (96) Jan 22, 2014 California

Would be interested as well, Im in Fullerton

22. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Aspirant (275) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Trader

Yep! Sign me up! I'm a hoarders member so I can cover all of their beers. I'm in Lake Forest so RSM isn't a problem for me but I'm also open to something a little more central. I also have a friend who I'm sure would be happy to go who is also a hoarders member.

23. TTC

Trader

This sounds awesome. I think key themes here are:
    1) a lot of people are interested and have tons of beers - so this is happening
    2) something central would be nice and inclusive - iron press is sounding good, but we would need to give them a heads up and perhaps have a limit (10-12 people?)
    3) we need to get a consensus on a day. as a 9-5'er, I'm going to advocate for Friday (and possibly Thurs or Saturday)

24. JoshBeerNow

Trader

I would think 10-12 people would be on the low side. You already have 15 people saying yes here plus people are talking about +1. I think 20 would be more like it.

I'm also a M-F 9-5er so weekends are usually ok with me but I can also do week day if its early enough.

25. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

So who knows people at Iron Press? Sounds like we would probably have about 20 people.

26. 01Ryan10

I think wherever it is going to be, a call to that place needs to happen and find out how many people can be accommodated for a bottle share. If this is the Iron Press in Costa Mesa, they probably aren't going to want 20-30 people roll in for a bottle share. That place is not big enough to fit 20-30 people that would not normally be there plus their normal stream of customers.

JoshBeerNow likes this.
  27. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (576) Jul 9, 2010 California

I'd be down...just need to know what day

28. homer281

homer281 Initiate (121) Nov 21, 2013 California

Some suggested locations:

Bottle Logic seems to have a decent sized "back area" where their barrels are that may be able to accommodate 20ish people?

Native Son Alehouse in Santa Ana has a large rooftop space and seems to be pretty empty a lot of times.

Thursday nights would be ideal for me, but other weekend nights are doable.

29. JoshBeerNow

Trader

Would those breweries allow us to use there spots? I would think going to a beer spot that would have a food truck or something would be ideal as we can always get more beer. I just wasn't aware of any of them letting us BYOB.

30. homer281

homer281 Initiate (121) Nov 21, 2013 California

It would definitely need to be cleared with them ahead of time.

31. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

I might have hookups at valiant brewing so Ill make a call and see if I can make it happen.

32. elzacharino

elzacharino Initiate (77) Feb 26, 2014 California

I can ask my buddies at Noble as well.

TTC, JoshBeerNow, j47paco and 2 others like this.
  33. TTC

Trader

Having hookups on a big beer-friendly location is great. I would just caveat that there will likely be a disturbing quantity of bottles and so I'd set expectations that share might not buy a lot of draft beer. A spot like Iron Press, like the outside patio area, would support a lot more standing and food purchases. If Valiant and Noble are okay with it though (and there's a food truck), they would be stellar spots as well. (Note: I don't even know if Iron Press is cool with it yet)

34. 01Ryan10

If I was managing a brewery, I'd have no problem hosting bottle shares as long as each participant purchases a $10 gift card.

FrogOut69 and PeprSprYoFace like this.
  35. JoshBeerNow

Trader

I'll honestly be surprised if they are cool with it. The amount of space we will be taking up is going to be taking away from customers that want to come in and actually spend money on beer. Restaurants on the other hand would be fine as long as we ordered food.

I personally think we will need to do like OP said at someone's apartment area. Hopefully I'm wrong though...

36. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

Yeah if we had someone central with an apartment complex that has a party room or a BBQ are we can hang at that would prob be best but ill see if we can go somewhere and maybe just do a $10 entry fee or something or one drink minimum purchase or something

JoshBeerNow likes this.
  37. indabebe

indabebe Initiate (110) Oct 26, 2011 California
    Trader

phantom ales in anaheim allows bottle shares. its right inbetween bruery and bottlelogic. and they serve food too. plus they carry wine for the chicks.

JoshBeerNow likes this.
  38. 01Ryan10

Also...Out of the Park pizza hosts some big bottle shares. Someone call them as well. I'd go to a bottle share there or Phantom.

39. JoshBeerNow

Trader

Out of the Park Pizza is amazing too! That would be awesome!

40. T_Hass

T_Hass Devotee (498) Nov 21, 2013 Georgia
    Trader

I like the idea of Iron press of did anyone throw out Hollingshead as a possible location?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.