Ocean City, Maryland

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by jburke06, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jburke06

jburke06 Initiate (65) Nov 19, 2011 New York

Hello All,
    I am heading down to Ocean City for a bachelor party in May. Does anyone know of some great breweries, craft beer bars, bottle shops, restaurants to hit up, maybe even fun some things to do there? Thanks in advance for your help and if there was a previous thread I missed feel free to share it in the forum.

2. Topease

Topease Initiate (79) Nov 18, 2016 Maryland
    Trader

Burley Oak

Dewey Beer Co. if you don't mind the drive further up north

3. ShanePB

ShanePB Poo-Bah (1,991) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Burley Oak is a must. I also agree with @Topease regarding Dewey Beer Co. if you don't mind the drive. I was just down there at the end of January and they've really improved.

Backshore Brewing Co. is off the main drag. 45th Street Taphouse has good local draft options. Liquid Assets up on 93rd has had some pretty good bottle selections in the past.

4. RocketFrogDavid

RocketFrogDavid Zealot (596) Apr 29, 2010 Virginia
    Society Industry

Burley Oak should be your first three stops.

If you are up for going into Rehoboth, aside from Dogfish Head, you have some good options. Revelation, Big Oyster Brewing. If you are driving from NY on Rt. 1 through Rehoboth are two very worthwhile stores you can hit, Atlantic Liquors and Outlet Liquors.

5. BikeChef

BikeChef Aspirant (263) Dec 27, 2007 District of Columbia

I’d stopped at the new Big Oyster location in Lewes a few weeks back and was surprised at what they’re brewing there, since the Rehoboth location has had more of a standard lineup. They’ve gone all in on current trends in Lewes: DDH, NEIPA, lactose, barrel-aged fruited sours, etc... There were some misses, but definitely some real hits too, and at happy hour the beers were cheap ($3, if I remember correctly). Most stuff was available in 16oz cans to-go too.

6. VTnerf

VTnerf Initiate (52) Nov 2, 2015 Maryland

If staying in OC, take a cab to these places. Or have a sober DD.
    Burley is well worth it. Good pizza joint across the street that delivers as well.
    Dewey up Rt 1. Again, don't drive up 1 unless you have a DD. Dewey have raised the level of their game substantially in a short period of time.

If coming in from New York, and looking to trade, I might have some RAR stuff available. And will be just back from NH/VT/Mass area the first week in May...hit me up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.